Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Bishop Ikeakor Flays State Governors Over Rising Debt Profile - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Ikeakor Flays State Governors Over Rising Debt Profile (209 Views)

Anybody Bearing Evangelist In My Diocese Without Commissioning Is A 419— Ikeakor / Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / We Are Not One Nigeria, Let Biafrans Go – Bishop Ikeakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Ikeakor Flays State Governors Over Rising Debt Profile by IzunnaOkafor(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
By Emeka Odogwu

The Anglican Bishop of Amichi diocese, Most Revd Ephraim Ikeakor has raised alarm over the rising debt profile in Nigeria.

Ikeakor noted that the nation's debt profile which has risen to N24.39 trillion as at December 31, 2018 is shameful, attributing such to lack of focus of the state governors, especially from the south east.

The prelate stated this at Cathedral church of St Andrews, Amichi in Nnewi south local government Area of Anambra state during press conference and facility inspection as part of activities marking the second session of the fourth synod of the diocese.

Ikeakor noted that no debt profile by any Governor was justifiable, stating that the internally generated revenue of the states is enough to clear all debts and still take care of other aspects of governance.

"But our problem is that we lack prudent management of resources in governance. We don't have governors working in their local resources.

"If Anambra state, for instance, works with her IGR, we can compete with Lagos State, but they rather use it to settle their cronies. Our debt profile has no end and I pity the younger generation.

"We are beggars living as kings. We have business men in governance not politicians. The kind of lifestyle our leaders live makes me cry, and it will not change until we discover that leadership is a trust" he said.

Ikeakor also commended President Buhari for ignoring Nigerians on his inauguration day, saying that the President has conscience.

"I like what he did. He knows that he doesn't have our mandate. We didn't elect him, rather, he imposed himself on us. So, I am not surprised by his actions"

On the IPOB sit at home, the Anglican Bishop condemned in strong terms, the sit at home order by IPOB, saying that the order was not in the interest of the people of the Igbos.

"Abuja, Lagos and other zones have nothing to lose but our people lost multi billion naira from the order. Who then is fooling who.

"IPOB should look for more cultured and efficient way of registering their grievances, because, for me, the sit at home is irrelevant" he exclaimed.

Speaking on the theme of the synod, ''Rediscovering and Harnessing the Ministry of the Laity for Holistic and Effective Church Growth in the Anglican Church"; Ikeakor noted with regret, the usurping of the duties of the laity by the clergy in some churches.

According to him, the lay people are the church growers while the clergymen are the church administrators.

He added that the synod would address the laity, clergy dichotomy and encourage the laity to do more church works as a way of rediscovery, and harnessing of their ministry.

Re: Bishop Ikeakor Flays State Governors Over Rising Debt Profile by Armaggedon: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
How is mourning millions who died not in the interest of ndigbo? Do you know how much businesses lose by shutting down on sundays if we must view everything in terms of money?

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For The Future / Goodlife Worldwide Ministries Coming Soonest / The Dead Came Back To Life By The Power Of God. Thank God This Testimony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.