Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? (972 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Okay,

I want to know your honest opinions on humility.

I think humility, especially in Nigeria is overrated and useless.

Please think before typing.

I'd edit this after you've shared your thought

I'd edit this tomorrow.
I also know what humility means but why is it deemed important?

Is it to make others comfortable?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by essenceplus: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
Last line is insultive. Since the Op arrogates herself the almighty stance. Let her be the judge and the jury.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by kenzosky: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
I think humility means not regarding yourself more important than others, including those that have achieved less than you are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by bukatyne(f): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Humility is the quality of being humble and means putting the needs of another person before your own, and thinking of others before yourself. It also means not drawing attention to yourself, and it can mean acknowledging that you are not always right.
https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-humility.html

It is also the absence of pride.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
It means stroking men's ego.
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Men and women are supposed to be humble.

Humility is one very important virtue every Christian must have, but you need to possess it in a way that glorifies God. Here are 10 times the bible talked about being humble.

1. Philippians 2: 3-11 : Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men...

2. James 4:6 : But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

3. Luke 14: 11 : For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

4. Proverbs 22:4 : The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.

5. 1 Peter 5:6 : Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you...

6. Romans 12:3 : For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

7. Colossians 3:12 : Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.

8. Proverbs 11:12 : When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

9. 1 Peter 5:5 : Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

10. Jeremiah 9:23 : Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches
https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/lesson-time-10-things-the-bible-say-about-humility/tk4p83s

Leave the average Nigerian man alone and you will know peace.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by ibkayee(f): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
I agree with Kenzosky's and Bukatyne's replies.
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by ibkayee(f): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2019
The Nigerian version is when Ibukun Awosika said she still kneels down to serve her husband despite her success lol

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by lilmax(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
we need to open a thread for women to pour out their emotions

because e clear say women are not happy with guys here grin

now see what a simple question is leading to grin

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by pocohantas(f): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
ibkayee:
The Nigerian version is when Ibukun Awosika said she still kneels down to serve her husband despite her success lol

My woman crush...
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by ibkayee(f): 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
pocohantas:

My woman crush...
People with that name tend to be great

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
ibkayee:

False. Humility is when you kneel to
give head sad
Serve my food angry
Greet me in the morning angry

Know thy place , stubborn wench angry

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by essenceplus: 3:00am On Jun 07, 2019
bukatyne:

Men and women are supposed to be humble.

Humility is one very important virtue every Christian must have, but you need to possess it in a way that glorifies God. Here are 10 times the bible talked about being humble.

1. Philippians 2: 3-11 : Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men...

2. James 4:6 : But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

3. Luke 14: 11 : For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

4. Proverbs 22:4 : The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.

5. 1 Peter 5:6 : Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you...

6. Romans 12:3 : For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

7. Colossians 3:12 : Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.

8. Proverbs 11:12 : When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

9. 1 Peter 5:5 : Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

10. Jeremiah 9:23 : Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches
https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/lesson-time-10-things-the-bible-say-about-humility/tk4p83s

Leave the average Nigerian man alone and you will know peace.

Babe come do you have an unmarried younger sister
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Miarose: 5:47am On Jun 07, 2019
Humility is Messi.
Pride is Ronaldo.
None is better. The just speak to your character and what you think of yourself. I think hustlers are the proudest people. They deserve to be cos they worked hard for it. Talented and privileged people are more humble.
If you are speaking in terms of man and woman, I don't know.
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2019
Miarose:
Humility is Messi.
Pride is Ronaldo.
None is better. The just speak to your character and what you think of yourself. I think hustlers are the proudest people. They deserve to be cos they worked hard for it. Talented and privileged people are more humble.
If you are speaking in terms of man and woman, I don't know.

Privileged people who have had everything handed to them and work half as hard as anyone else are rarely humble. They are usually arrogant and entitled and unsympathetic to others because they belive they got to where they were by 'hard work'

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 07, 2019
ornicus:

False. Humility is when you kneel to
give head sad
Serve my food angry
Greet me in the morning angry

Know thy place , stubborn wench angry
Ibkayee here.

Lol jokes aside I think it’s being able acknowledge my shortcomings, though not necessarily playing down my successes, but not lording it over others either (unless they deserve it grin). If you don’t have even a little of it you lack self awareness

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2019
bodyonchecheche:

Ibkayee here.

Lol jokes aside I think it’s being able acknowledge my shortcomings, though not necessarily playing down my successes. If you don’t have even a little of it you lack self awareness

Who ban you?

I just got out of jail but I have not reverted (oyb/ thelastorca)
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2019
ornicus:

Who ban you?

I just got out of jail but I have not reverted (oyb/ thelastorca)
Anti spam bot, I’m out of jail too sha, haven’t reverted either
Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
ibkayee:

People with that name tend to be great

Lol. This girl sef. I agree with you though, you came to mind when I discovered her.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Importance Of HUMILITY? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol. This girl sef. I agree with you though, you came to mind when I discovered her.

Stop killing her humility angry

(1) (Reply)

This Is Wickedness / Woman Who Stole Millionaire's Sperm From Used Condoms Wins $2m Child Support / Woman Beats Husband For Failing To Provide Food For The Children (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.