Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power (16805 Views)

NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine / Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by superstar1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
What will your reaction do?

You also reacted when:

1. Money was seized at the Ikoyi Apartment

2. Money allegedly belonging to Union Bank and Bankers Warehouse was seized at PH airport

3. The CJ of BDC was suspended

Abeg let us move on to something more serious. It is the usual noise making.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by bizzibodi(m): 10:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

It's obvious.
The NBC is under his control.
So they shld not do their work,NBC existed long b4 Buhari become PON.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by tuniski: 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Never allow politicians use your business for politics cos once the opposition comes after you to pin you down, they wont be there to save you. I hope Raymond dokpesi gets out of this mess
It is not about pdp or AIT but, press freedom and the survival of our democracy.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by densiks: 10:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Press freedom does not translate to rascality which is capable of fueling unnecessary tensions and engaging in misinformation under the guise of journalism practice.

If Dokpesi wants to run a media house for pdp he should apply for a license specifically for that.
Anyone that feels NBC is gagging the press should avail himself of the facts.

If the facts don’t still point you to the burden of breaches AIT has committed, feel free to help them petition UN,White house,and wheresoever you feel can help add to the noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
This is about freedom of speech.. Look at what Sudanese Military did to local and international media houses... what still happen...

PMB... has not received half the insult POTUS has received from the press... him and his messagers need to give their brain sense....

I am very sure the documentary caused all this..

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by otokx(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Winner wins, spectators cheer, bookmakers bet.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by MrMou: 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

There are one thousand and one rules CNN have broken, but Trump cannot shut them down.

It does not look good.

Nigeria does not have a stronger regulatory system than America.

You are just less democratic and more corrupt.
PDP sycophants & IPIGs no dey tire for disgusting lies! Una no dey shame?
Which American broadcasting rules did CNN violate & weren't sanctioned for? You think CNN is as lawless as your beloved AIT?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Gkemz: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Buhari, the vindictive tyrant should understand that whatever precedence he set will be used against him by whosoever that succeeds him since he won't rule for eternity.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
MrMou:

PDP sycophants & IPIGs no dey tire for disgusting lies! Una no dey shame?
Which American broadcasting rules did CNN violate & weren't sanctioned for? You think CNN is as lawless as your beloved AIT?
Fake news for instance.

The CNN have peddled outrageous lies against the US President.
Why have Trump not shut them down?

if ait was like cnn, buhari would have arrested them for treason.

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
bizzibodi:

So they shld not do their work,NBC existed long b4 Buhari become PON.
Yes.
But buhari appointed his own man who is now doing his bidding.

Their work does not include taking Nigeria back to the stone age.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by olosaoko(m): 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Never allow politicians use your business for politics cos once the opposition comes after you to pin you down, they wont be there to save you. I hope Raymond dokpesi gets out of this mess

This is the best submission I've seen in all the tirades over the AIT/NBC issue. Dokpesi was strictly advised and warned in a 1987 full page write-up of a newspaper before he finished the construction and commence the transmission of DAAR (coined from his name Dokpesi Aleogho Raymond) Communication not for anything to meddle into politics or be committed to any political party but to rather be a guidance to his corporation hence he may burn his finger and may even loose DAAR communication. Dokpesi decided, several years after the warning, to be a President using DAAR Communication platform, what he is going through is not a suprised to me because he turn deaf ears to the words of wisdom of 32 years ago. A fly that follows corpse into the grave will be buried alive.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
densiks:
Press freedom does not translate to rascality which is capable of fueling unnecessary tensions and engaging in misinformation under the guise of journalism practice.

If Dokpesi wants to run a media house for pdp he should apply for a license specifically for that.
Anyone that feels NBC is gagging the press should avail himself of the facts.

If the facts don’t still point you to the burden of breaches AIT has committed, feel free to help them petition UN,White house,and wheresoever you feel can help add to the noise.
We will remind you in the future as usual, the same way we remind you guys of the past precedence when you clowns cry that the office of the president is being humiliated.

Buhari and the apc will not remain in power forever.
You will not be able to tell the new ruling party when to stop when they start their own.

Short sighted clown.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by densiks: 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

We will remind you in the future as usual, the same way we remind you guys of the past precedence when you clowns cry that the office of the president is being humiliated.

You will not be able to tell the new ruling party when to stop when they start their own.

Short sighted clown.

Dear senior blind clown,

I do not speak for Buhari nor the APC and I’m not interested in how long they stay in power.

If you’re a member of the PDP or perhaps a shareholder in Daar Communications,I’m not responsible for the decision NBC has taken hence you don’t have to direct your rage at the very objective comment I posted.

you should also learn to communicate your views without revealing your moral inadequacies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
densiks:

Dear senior blind clown,

I do not speak for Buhari nor the APC and I’m not interested in how long they stay in power.

If you’re a member of the PDP or perhaps a shareholder in Daar Communications,I’m not responsible for the decision NBC has taken hence you don’t have to direct your rage at the very objective comment I posted.

you should also learn to communicate your views without revealing your moral inadequacies.

You are a clown.
Sorry for trying to educate you. It will not happen again.
Now piss off. Illiterate.

Supporting those turning his country into a shitt hole.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by densiks: 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

You are a clown.
Sorry for trying to educate you. It will not happen again.
Now piss off. Illiterate.

Supporting those turning his country into a shitt hole.

Lol
You’re the illiterate
Roll in your shit if you like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
densiks:

Lol
You’re the illiterate
Roll in your shit if you like.
Illiterate. What do you understand about sanctity of press?

Aboki.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
TSRC:

There are one thousand and one rules CNN have broken, but Trump cannot shut them down.

It does not look good.

Nigeria does not have a stronger regulatory system than America.

You are just less democratic and more corrupt.

Trump has shut out many reporters from the white house, it is the courts that restored them back.

US media is not as irresponsible as our own media, and I blame all media. If their excesses is not curtailed, they will plunge this country into anarchy.

Imagine a US media company carrying such stories as " “US is cursed, we declare independent state of Texas”, “US irritates me”, “this country is gradually becoming white supremacist”

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by MrMou: 12:01am On Jun 07, 2019
TSRC:

Fake news for instance.

The CNN have peddled outrageous lies against the US President.
Why have Trump not shut them down?

if ait was like cnn, buhari would have arrested them for treason.
Tell us the American broadcasting rules CNN violated & weren't sanctioned for, simple! No be to dey forge wetin you no know!

By the way, If NBC or other media regulatory bodies wanted to shut down media organizations for fake news, you think your AIT or Vanguard would have lasted past June, 2015?
The issue here is not just fake news here which is an everyday thing for most media organizations here. Na inciting things we dey talk about here!
How do you go ON AIR & say things like "Nigeria is cursed; I declare an independent state of Niger Delta" or "Nigeria irritates me "? Who does that? Naso CNN dey talk?

And did you watch the distasteful documentary AIT aired just before the elections about Buhari? Can CNN do half of that to Trump & go free? Did Buhari shut them down for that?

Once again, tell your beloved AIT to follow rules & stop with their inciting talks on air! Na only them be opposition for this world?

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:02am On Jun 07, 2019
TSRC:

Short sighted clown.

The office of the president is not the country. Too bad you feel pained Jonathan was humiliated. Buhari had been humiliated by PDP, IPOB and their supporters even before he took office. Most presidents around the world except absolute dictators like Kim June Un, ayatollah Khomeini or Prince Salman are humiliated everyday.

The line is when you attempt to use media to ferment trouble and undermine the integrity and security of the country.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2019
wirinet:

Trump has shut out many reporters from the white house, it is the courts that restored them back.

US media is not as irresponsible as our own media, and I blame all media. If their excesses is not curtailed, they will plunge this country into anarchy.

Imagine a US media company carrying such stories as " “US is cursed, we declare independent state of Texas”, “US irritates me”, “this country is gradually becoming white supremacist”
Buhari already banned ait from aso rock. That was within his right.

Banning them from operating is a different ball game.

The American media is more cutthroat. They no send you.
They have no respect for the seat of the president.
They are not rational depending on the party you fall under.

If you cannot condone small ait, I wonder how you would react if it was CNN or abc or even fox that hate any Democratic Party president.

Trump called Nigeria a shitt Hole. Your president has proven him right.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by TSRC: 12:10am On Jun 07, 2019
wirinet:

The office of the president is not the country. Too bad you feel pained Jonathan was humiliated. Buhari had been humiliated by PDP, IPOB and their supporters even before he took office. Most presidents around the world except absolute dictators like Kim June Un, ayatollah Khomeini or Prince Salman are humiliated everyday.

The line is when you attempt to use media to ferment trouble and undermine the integrity and security of the country.
Who determines that? The ruling party?
That would be very convenient.

Any party can cLiam that an opposition media is trying to ferment trouble and conveniently shut it down.
The pdp can come tomorrow and claim tvc is causing trouble, and then shut it down.
Is that the kind of country you want?

I am pained because your leaders are taking us backwards.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:10am On Jun 07, 2019
TSRC:

Buhari already banned ait from aso rock. That was within his right.

Banning them from operating is a different ball game.

The American media is more cutthroat. They no send you.
They have no respect for the seat of the president.
They are not rational depending on the party you fall under.

If you cannot condone small ait, I wonder how you would react if it was CNN or abc or even fox that hate any Democratic Party president.

Trump called Nigeria a shitt Hole. Your president has proven him right.

I disagree with you that it is within the rights of a president to ban a member of the 4th realm of the estate from performing their constitutional duties, especially if they have not committed any crime. After all Aso Rock is not Buharis property. If AIT has lawyers on its payroll and did not commit any crime, the should take the matter to court, just as CNN took the white house to court in the Jim Acosta ban.

Countries have broadcasting code, in terms of language and content, and any media house that breaks broadcasting codes is sanctioned by appropriate authorities, just like Seun sanctions members who violate his own code.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:16am On Jun 07, 2019
TSRC:

Who determines that? The ruling party?
That would be very convenient.

No. The law.

Any party can cLiam that an opposition media is trying to ferment trouble and conveniently shut it down.
The pdp can come tomorrow and claim tvc is causing trouble, and then shut it down.
Is that the kind of country you want?

I am pained because your leaders are taking us backwards.

The laws are there for a reason. Any media house that feels it's to big to abide by the national broadcasting code should change business.

AIT was not shut down without warnings and it will not be shut down forever. They simply need to go to NBC and iron out their differences or if they feel they did nothing wrong, head to court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Odingo1: 12:24am On Jun 07, 2019
wirinet:

I disagree with you that it is within the rights of a president to ban a member of the 4th rely of the estate from performing their constitutional duties, especially if they have not committed any crime. After all Aso Rock is not Buharis property. If AIT has lawyers on its payroll and did not commit any crime, the should take the matter to court, just as CNN took the white house to court in the Jim Acosta ban.

Countries have broadcasting code, in terms of language and content, and any media house that breaks broadcasting codes is sanctioned by appropriate authorities, just like Seun sanctions members who violate his own code.

You guys can defend impunity because of BMC stipend giving to you guys, evil doesn't last forever, very soon Nigeria will implode and all man will answer him papa name. Time will tell. Buhari and his gang of Fulani terrorist mafia is pushing their luck too far.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2019
Odingo1:

You guys can defend impunity because BMC stipend, evil doesn't last forever, very soon Nigeria will implode and all man will answer him papa name. Time will tell.
Don't you have have a functioning brain? Your only points always boils down to BMC, Fulani, Yoruba, and other useless points. Challenge your brains to some intelligent arguments for once.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by Odingo1: 12:36am On Jun 07, 2019
wirinet:

Don't you have have a functioning brain? Your only points always boils down to BMC, Fulani, Yoruba, and other useless points. Challenge your brains to some intelligent arguments for once.

Buhari and his gang of terrorist is trying to gang up the voice of opposition media in order for them to complete their massacre of local farmers
, there will be no Brittish or USA to help Buhari and his gang when the poo hit, they are lucky about 50 years ago when the world is blind and Brittish, Russia, France and Usa did the battle for them, it will not happen again.
Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2019
Odingo1:

Buhari and his gang of terrorist is trying to gang up the voice of opposition media in order for them to complete their massacre of local farmers
, there will be no Brittish or USA to help Buhari and his gang when the poo hit, they are lucky about 50 years ago when the world is blind and Brittish, Russia, France and Usa did the battle for them, it will not happen again.

Empty chest beating.
You situation is even worse than 50 years ago. You guys have retrogressed militarily, politically, diplomatically and even organisationally.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by wirinet(m): 12:51am On Jun 07, 2019
The FCC in the US has the same function as the NBC

Government Regulation of the Media
Even though the Constitution guarantees freedom of the press, the government does regulate some media. Print media are largely unregulated, and newspapers and magazines can print nearly anything as long as they don’t slander anyone. The Internet has also gone largely unregulated, despite congressional efforts to restrict some controversial content. Broadcast media, however, are subject to the most government regulation. Radio and television broadcasters must obtain a license from the government because, according to American law, the public owns the airwaves. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issues these licenses and is in charge of regulating the airwaves.

FCC Police

The FCC also acts as a police agency of the airwaves, and it can fine broadcasters for violating public decency standards on the air. In extreme cases, the FCC can even revoke a broadcaster’s license, keeping him off the air permanently. The FCC has fined radio host Howard Stern numerous times for his use of profanity, for example, and fined CBS heavily for Janet Jackson’s “wardrobe malfunction” during the halftime performance at the Super Bowl in 2004.
https://www.sparknotes.com/us-government-and-politics/american-government/the-media/section3/

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by anonimi: 5:04am On Jun 07, 2019
davodyguy:
Reactors

How did AIT survive under PDP from 1999 to 2015? Then all political functions were aired live on AIT and most adverts from PDP controlled States went to AIT. If you can remember that famous phone call OBJ made to Late Yar Adua in 2007 (Umaru Umaru) we watched it live on NTA. In 1999, the PDP primary where OBJ emerged was also aired from 6:00pm to 6:00am live on AIT. But under APC, it's TVC and channels that are getting them. Tables only turned, the fee was not sporadically reviewed.

So what Happened to Daarsat? Why did it collapse? Where are the share holders funds?

Did Daar Communication break the law?
Yes, they did

PDP should know when not to react anyhow and spoil their reputation further.
They should simply advise AIT to challenge the issue in the court. No need to carry the matter for head like gala.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by anonimi: 5:05am On Jun 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by anonimi: 5:07am On Jun 07, 2019
slimghost:
Senseless rubbish at that. And then, some unfortunate bunch of retards will like the thrash written by a fellow retard. Nairaland is full of mentally sick folks.

It is not their fault really.
Na the food wey dem chop dey cause am. sad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power by anonimi: 5:09am On Jun 07, 2019
Dunkofia20:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of human beings you guys are you are talking of Nigeria unity where are you
when the number One man in is the country was calling some people evil because they didn't vote for him or when he give 95 and 5 percent interview

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: APC Must Do More Before 2023 Elections / We Don't Have Space For Bigotry Or Ethnic Coloration In Our System - Sanwo-Olu / Rivers: One Assembly, Two Speakers, Multiple Battlefronts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.