Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] (19724 Views)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada / Lady Raises Alarm After Suspicious Man Did This To Her In Lagos Bus. Photos / Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Isoduwa(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
HarunaWest:

Uncle just shut up abeg...will I come out here to post what I dont know about.

But you just did

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
hustla:

If you want to save money in large sums, best thing is not to have any atm card or online banking attached to that particular bank account, enter the bank to withdraw if u have to

If them come create atm for ur account without ur knowledge, bank go need explain oooooooooooooo

You have a point...there are real time transaction monitors that check your patterns not sure how effective but someone who has never ever done a particular transaction before can’t just show up without a red flag ie never betting before and then betting all of a sudden it’s like the one thing those who take from you do try to double the offer
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Students of today ehn. When I was in uni I did not have up to 20k to my name.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
HarunaWest:

this issue has been resolved...the money has been reversed.
Do you work for zenith bank?Provide links to when it got resolved.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by IkemChris(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sue them joor and give them 3million naira damage
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by murphybo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
jerrybone:
A twitter User, @Big_Papi_0 has raised alarm after N810,000 was swiped from his Zenith Bank account by suspected Fraudsters.

He wrote on Twitter;

I'm a final year student of pharmacy. Yesterday morning by 5, got a string of alerts from
@ZenithBank; almost all the money from my savings account summing up to 810,405 naira was cleared out from my account. The only info or description of the transaction was KingsPay PTSK.

I thought I was dreaming when I was getting the alerts, it all happened in less than a minute. As I brought out my phone to log in my mobile app and deactivate the Mastercard, the last 200k was cleared out remaining 50k which I quickly transferred to my
@FirstBankngr account

I quickly called the bank's customer care, I was told my card details were compromised which I found very confusing because I don't give out my card to anyone. I told them that an OTP or my pin or even both is usually requested for anytime I want to carry out any web transactions.

The customer care agent said that the merchant site in this case kingspay determines the mode of authorization and some don't necessarily require it. I was shocked because these were the same people promising security on my funds and yet the transaction didn't raise any flags.

The customer care agent said to go to my bank and file a formal complaint and the bank will 'advise' me. I am here severely depressed and pained cos the money was built over a very long period of time and through hardwork from businesses.

The amount may not be in millions but realize it was basically all I had and I've accumulated for years while in school and it also consisted of business transaction funds. I'm calling on anyone who can help get the culprits.

The only web transaction done that day with the card was through @RemitaNET to print @JAMBHQ result slip for nysc mobilization. I imputed all card details on their website. I don't know if the security leak is from their site because..

I cannot even see my history anymore and I'm seeing zero balance on dates before today, how possible is that? All evidence of the transaction is no longer visible from my zenith mobile app. Zenith bank, kindly resolve this issue and process a reversal.
Am very sure you are part of "free nairamarly the real Yahoo boys are politicians or maybe your grandfather is also white that collaborate to sell black" now is payback time, just go file your case with EFCC only them can help cos banks na stories oh. Provided your money is not used to buy goods online.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by 1x2x3: 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
IkemChris:
Sue them joor and give them 3million naira damage

Lolz sue them for what exactly?
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Crysthaniel(m): 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
lamidex:
Jesus! Eleyi gidi gan. undecided
Reason my kolo has always been my bank. grin

Never trust all these banks, both old and new generation, with all banking security, all na wash! I only use bank for instant transactions. I will never ever save substantial amount in my bank account to avoid stories that touch. Shebi na account wey get money you fit hack comot money. Try hack my N8:00K balance now. Awon oloriburuku dede.

Everywhere scam.

Bank dey scam us
Government dey scam us
Networks dey scam us
We dey scam ourselves.

Tell me if Nigeria is not fvcked.

Omo nah true talk ooh..
scam everywhere..

and those religious leaders ,

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Macgreat(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Big mistake is making card transaction on a government related website with bank account that has enough funds in it.

How I transact online, transfer the needed amount from main account to bank account which I' will use it's card details online. for security reasons, they'll not have anything to take after my transaction.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by midastouch: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
The best hack to protect yourself from these vultures still remains having multiple accounts (savings/savings or savings/current).

Make sure there is never any material amount of money in the account tied to your ATM/MasterCard/VisaCard/VerveCard.

Only move money from the other account when you want to do any transaction with the Card.

Never link your main account with the card under any circumstance.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Jabioro: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
I suspected Jamb/nysc leak...
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by openmine(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
did he make use of an external pc(cybercafe) or his own person pc?
If it was from an external pc,then its either the pc uses a keylogger software or the system was not protected esp against hackers or he used a browser that automatically stores his atm digits and someone used it!

Secondly,if it was a personal pc,is he sharing his pc with someone?
Is his system protection updated?
What kind of antivirus or internet security does he use?
Does he store usernames and passwords information on his pc?

These are the basic questions he should first ask himself before taking the matter beyond the bank!
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by SheldonCooper: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
hustla:

Yeah he gave an update about it. He was refunded

The power of social media.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by malele(m): 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
HarunaWest:

Uncle just shut up abeg...will I come out here to post what I dont know about.

Yes u can post what u don’t know, Na nairaland we dey
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by kurt09(m): 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
lekkie073:
I am yet to fathom how it is possible for them to wipe his transaction history..
You will understand when it happened to you.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by bigtt76(f): 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
Exactly. In addition to this, I've always warned people against obtaining a debit card on the account they have all their monies stashed! I see no reason having a savings account and a card on it. Least I would do will be having multiple bank accounts with only one having a card and empty while the other with my cash. If I want to use my card I will just transfer the cash to the account with the card and transact to the exact value.

solasoulmusic:
Somebody around you used your card online on a platform locally or internationally that doesn’t require token because all zenith bank transactions online outside of Nigeria require verification by MasterCard but if it’s just a smaller institution they won’t opt for an expensive gateway

Verifying you can be Soft token or hard token so it’s either they had access to your token or the gateway wasn’t that secure but in some cases they’ll still allow it without because it’s really up to the merchant and how they process it.

I would suggest you check with remita and get the time of the other transaction. Time stamps are important it could even be compromised staff.

I love Zenith though I have my run ins from time to time they do monitor and inform you just depends on how conscious you are and able to react quick like you did. Check your money when you rise and sleep. At atms be very careful online make sure you have anti spyware some of them can record keystrokes and send the information.

I used to like movies downloads etc now I just pay for Netflix when money dey na there all the spyware can come in from downloads
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by xperiencelove(m): 1:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
That is why I always pray that those supporting these internet fraudsters in anyway will also loose their savings and assets in due time.
That was how I got debit alerts on my gtbank account around 5:30am but I thank God that I have 4k only in this account at that moment.
I went to GTBank to complain and filled the required form. After some days, what I got back from the bank was sorry for the inconveniences in my mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by zinizta: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
ornicus:
Students of today ehn. When I was in uni I did not have up to 20k to my name.

depends on how rich your father is....
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by HarunaWest(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
comshots:
Do you work for zenith bank?Provide links to when it got resolved.
it has been resolved.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Gabson006: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Am receiving unauthorized otp from flutterware now. What can I do;?
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Wjames440(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
My friend nearly swept away funds from my account. I caught him while he was trying to get the verification code on my phone. These days, one has to be very careful with all these fake friends.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
solasoulmusic:

You have a point...there are real time transaction monitors that check your patterns not sure how effective but someone who has never ever done a particular transaction before can’t just show up without a red flag ie never betting before and then betting all of a sudden it’s like the one thing those who take from you do try to double the offer

There's a way they do these ones, even the classified systems won't pick it up... And they way the do it is classified information
grin
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Blazebond(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sometimes na people like this dey say "make una leave yahoo boys alone nau",me i know say last last na Nigerians yahoo boys go take dey chop.
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
xperiencelove:
That is why I always pray that those supporting these internet fraudsters in anyway will also loose their savings and assets in due time.
That was how I got debit alerts on my gtbank account around 5:30am but I thank God that I have 4k only in this account at that moment.
I went to GTBank to complain and filled the required form. After some days, what I got back from the bank was sorry for the inconveniences in my mail.

Cc efcc and cbn in ur email, they'll refund u sharply
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Silva79(f): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Laeroy:
This topic has been on front page before, I hope he gers his money back
he has dear,be gave us an update today all his money has been refunded. I'm so happy for him
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
hustla:

There's a way they do these ones, even the classified systems won't pick it up... And they way the do it is classified information
grin

I don’t even want to know I’m in business for what I get for my service not profiting of someone’s loss
Re: Twitter User Raises Alarm After N810,000 Is Stolen From Zenith Bank Account[pic] by hustla(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
solasoulmusic:

I don’t even want to know I’m in business for what I get for my service not profiting of someone’s loss

Same
But knowing is what makes you not fall vicitim sometimes.. Almost inputed my card details in a phishing page sometime ago, but for knowledge, I for don dey cry from my yansh

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian man arrested in India for smuggling 15 kg of drugs (photos) / Policemen Seen Assaulting A Man Who Refused To “settle” Them In Benin / Man Seeks For Justice For His Late Brother Killed By A Cop In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.