Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries (20011 Views)

Nokia Reaches 100 5G Deals And 160 Commercial 5G Engagements / Oppo’s New Reno Ace Phone Can Be Fully Charged In 30 Minutes (Photos) / China Could Launch Commercial 5G System By The End Of This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by linearity: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

The phone sales was never the target. Yes, Huawei is 3rd in global mobile phone sales but their 5G business has always been the target.
the US is far behind in the tech and it's a kick in their stomachs for a Chinese company to beat them to releasing 5G infrastructure and dominating 5G sales

When you guys open your mouth sometimes, you just speak like the kids that you are truly are...Your post clearly show your lack of depth on this topic and exposes you to the fact that, this topic is above your pay grade!

When it comes to 5G Huawei is a consumer just like most Nigerians consumer. 3gpp is the main standard bodies that formulates and but the building blocks together for everything telecom and they are the ones that design and develop 3gpp, including the ietf organization and US Tech Companies and R & D industries are the huge 3gpp and ieft drivers, designers and developers....Huawei merely goes to 3gpp to consumer what they have already put there and made possible and have tested in in R&grin facilities in the US.

Saying that, Huawei is far ahead of the US, because they were first to publicly consume what major players in US design, develop, tested and pushed to 3gpp is the same as saying that, the Building Architect that rendered a phenomenal sky-scrapper using AutoCad software must be way ahead of the developers of that AutoCad software...you know, this is mere ignorance.

5G is not a proprietary technology, it is open source...Any tech company who have implemented 2G, 3G, etc can easily implement 5G; it is not a rock science. 3gpp standards and specs for 5G are open standard developed by the community.

When you search online for IoT, AI, Virtual Reality, Argumented Reality, M2M, driveless cars, Big Data, etc...US and not China popup mostly, and these are the main drivers for 5G. 5G brings more processing power and speed close to the edge of the radio network as much as possible which are needed by the above technologies to drive other innovations and not some stupid 5G handsets, which are a mere derivative beneficiary of 5G.

California and many States in the US have starting reworking their motor vehicle laws to make allowance for driverless cars, that Google and Uber had been testing for years and since these car process millions of data per second in a fast changing environment and must make life and death decision based on the output of the data huge Edge radio networks provided by 5G and other Edge technologies are needed.

Lastly, China is a communist State and the government put money in bringing these technologies to consumers, the US is purely driven by capitalist instincts and ensure that, the consumers drives the speed of deployment as this is the only way they can make profit.

Finally, a 5G handsets are as useless to most people in the US today, because your optimal gain is not much in comparison to existing LTE & 4G technologies when stacked against the cost of deployment.

....R & D for these technologies have been tested in the US far beyond China. When you search driverless car, Uber driverless car, connected cars, etc things that uses AI, VR, AR on 5G; you see them in the US and not in China. There are many 5G networks in the US testing out these technology with big advancement in Edge-Technologies that bring greater speed and computing power to the Edge that are beyond 5G.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by Khaleell001(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Denko2721987:
There have been alarms raised by global health and military experts about the great dangers of 5G to the human health if fully deployed worldwide and i am quite suprised no one seems to be talking about it..

Thank God someone has replied you.
Why was the same complaints not make when there was 4G?
abeggi....
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by ICAMETOWIN(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
I laugh when people come online to display their ignorance.

China far ahead of America in 5g bla bla bla, people believe their own lies and illusions sha.
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
linearity:

When you guys open your mouth sometimes, you just speak like the kids that you are truly are...Your post clearly show your lack of depth on this topic and exposes you to the fact that, this topic is above your pay grade!

When it comes to 5G Huawei is a consumer just like most Nigerians consumer. 3gpp is the main standard bodies that formulates and but the building blocks together for everything telecom and they are the ones that design and develop 3gpp, including the ietf organization and US Tech Companies and R & D industries are the huge 3gpp and ieft drivers, designers and developers....Huawei merely goes to 3gpp to consumer what they have already put there and made possible and have tested in in R&grin facilities in the US.

Saying that, Huawei is far ahead of the US, because they were first to publicly consume what major players in US design, develop, tested and pushed to 3gpp is the same as saying that, the Building Architect that rendered a phenomenal sky-scrapper using AutoCad software must be way ahead of the developers of that AutoCad software...you know, this is mere ignorance.

5G is not a proprietary technology, it is open source...Any tech company who have implemented 2G, 3G, etc can easily implement 5G; it is not a rock science. 3gpp standards and specs for 5G are open standard developed by the community.

When you search online for IoT, AI, Virtual Reality, Argumented Reality, M2M, driveless cars, Big Data, etc...US and not China popup mostly, and these are the main drivers for 5G. 5G brings more processing power and speed close to the edge of the radio network as much as possible which are needed by the above technologies to drive other innovations and not some stupid 5G handsets, which are a mere derivative beneficiary of 5G.

California and many States in the US have starting reworking their motor vehicle laws to make allowance for driverless cars, that Google and Uber had been testing for years and since these car process millions of data per second in a fast changing environment and must make life and death decision based on the output of the data huge Edge radio networks provided by 5G and other Edge technologies are needed.

Lastly, China is a communist State and the government put money in bringing these technologies to consumers, the US is purely driven by capitalist instincts and ensure that, the consumers drives the speed of deployment as this is the only way they can make profit.

Finally, a 5G handsets are as useless to most people in the US today, because your optimal gain is not much in comparison to existing LTE & 4G technologies when stacked against the cost of deployment.

....R & D for these technologies have been tested in the US far beyond China. When you search driverless car, Uber driverless car, connected cars, etc things that uses AI, VR, AR on 5G; you see them in the US and not in China. There are many 5G networks in the US testing out these technology with big advancement in Edge-Technologies that bring greater speed and computing power to the Edge that are beyond 5G.

If you want to criticize a post, you can do it without throwing insults. You called me a kid but you just acted like one. You made some salient points and, normally I would've proven my point to you, but I won't, because I'm sure there'll still be another derogatory remark in your reply.
I won't give you the honor of another reply.
Shalom.
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by timesup234: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
ICAMETOWIN:
I laugh when people come online to display their ignorance.

China far ahead of America in 5g bla bla bla, people believe their own lies and illusions sha.
You are the most brainwashed person on earth. Normally i dont read or follow western media but I will add a link from slave CNN since thats what brainwashed Africans see as authentic. Reuters, BBC also have similar articles. China is a trillion miles ahead of America in 5G technology. You are indeed completely blind to a information that is everywhere

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/07/business/huawei-russia-china-splinternet-intl/index.html
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by ICAMETOWIN(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
timesup234:
You are the most brainwashed person on earth. Normally i dont read or follow western media but I will add a link from slave CNN since thats what brainwashed Africans see as authentic. Reuters, BBC also have similar articles. China is a trillion miles ahead of America in 5G technology. You are indeed completely blind to a information that is everywhere

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/07/business/huawei-russia-china-splinternet-intl/index.html
Most brainwashed? that honour goes to you bro.with your trillion miles claims and all
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by Denko2721987(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Khaleell001:

Thank God someone has replied you.
Why was the same complaints not make when there was 4G?
abeggi....

So u want to compare 4G which uses almost the same network model as 3G with 5G which uses an almost completely different model from the rest? Anyways, i just flew a concern and its left for the wise to at least validate it with research to fully understand it.. Ignorance is not an excuse becos it could be catastrophic..
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by linearity: 4:30am On Jun 08, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

If you want to criticize a post, you can do it without throwing insults. You called me a kid but you just acted like one. You made some salient points and, normally I would've proven my point to you, but I won't, because I'm sure there'll still be another derogatory remark in your reply.
I won't give you the honor of another reply.
Shalom.

You are absolutely right, my bad! Sorry men! I acted in bad faith, accept my sincere apologies.
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2019
linearity:

You are absolutely right, my bad! Sorry men! I acted in bad faith, accept my sincere apologies.
Alright bro. No hard feelings
Re: Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries by bravesoul247(m): 5:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
seunfly:
SHENZHEN -- Chinese telecom giant Huawei Technologies Co Ltd said Thursday that it had obtained 46 commercial 5G contracts so far in 30 countries globally.

It has shipped more than 100,000 5G base stations, ranking top in the world, according to the company.

Huawei said it was well prepared for China's 5G commercial use. In February last year, it made the world's first 5G call and launched the first 5G terminal device.

Headquartered in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, privately-owned Huawei is a world leading telecommunication solution provider and also one of the world's major smartphone brands.

China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology granted commercial-use 5G licenses Thursday to China Broadcasting Network and the country's top three telecom operators -- China Telecom, China Mobile and China Unicom.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201906/06/WS5cf92276a31017657722febb.html
This is a very good news for China but the US will want to frustrate them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Ways Smartphones Ruin Our Life / Samsung Galaxy S10: All You Need To Know / Network Providers With The Best Weekend Data Plans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.