Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate (1302 Views)

Tinubu Wins At Machina’s Polling Unit As Lawan Loses In Machina Ward To PDP / How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / How PDP Plans To Frustrate Lawan’s Ambition In Ninth Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by odiks: 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Three senators-elect of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were present at an event where Ahmad Lawan unveiled his legislative agenda for the ninth senate.

The event held at Transcorp hotel in Abuja on Friday.

The senator-elects were Abba Moro (Benue south), Clifford Ordia (Edo central) and Mathew Orhoghide (Edo south). Ifeanyi Uba, CEO of Capital Oil, elected on Young Progressive Party (YPP) platform to represent Anambra south, was also in attendance.

Speaking with journalists after the event, Moro, former minister of interior, said he supports Lawan’s vision for the ninth senate.

“I don’t know what you mean by endorsement but I am here to support the project that is being unveiled. If I don’t support him (Lawan), I won’t be here,” he said.

“Lawan has a robust and beautiful resumé. He is one of the longest serving legislators in Nigeria and a leader of the senate. In the present circumstances, given his exposure and plan for the country, you would come to the understanding that Lawan is the best candidate for this job for now.

“I find some attraction and a mixture of chemistry here when I discovered that Lawan has as his theme ‘a system that works for all Nigerians’.”

The former minister said the decision to support the senate leader’s ambition does not amount to him being against his party.

“I joined the PDP in 1998. I was one of the first elected PDP officials as chairman of my local government in 1998,” he said.

“Supporting a candidate of another political party does not mean I am dumping my party. I am not leaving the PDP. It is my platform and I am happy with the ideals of the party.”

Also speaking with journalists, Uba said although he was supporting Lawan for office of senate president, he remains a “bonafide” member of the YPP.

Ordia and Orhoghide did not speak with journalists.

Earlier, Lawan had said under him, the senate would have a cordial relationship with the executive.

“We have seen how unproductive it is to have a rancorous relationship between the arms of government – everybody suffers, most especially the people, even the legislators suffer, even the institutions in the national assembly suffers,” he said.

In the legislative agenda, Lawan promised to open the budget of the national assembly.

He said the senate under him will pursue an “aggressive planning and budget process reform agenda.”

“The 9th senate will pay special attention to the recurring challenge of industrial unrest amongst the staff of the national assembly, legislative aides of senators and the staff of the national assembly,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/three-pdp-senators-in-attendance-as-lawan-unveils-agenda-for-ninth-senate
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by Sonoyom(m): 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by Niggmatic: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
It's good to have an agenda but it's better to remain committed to nation building. Shun corruption, respect rule of law, and say no to executives rascalities.

And most importantly, listen to Trump, he has a reason for saying this below.

Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by kahal29: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
Mmmmmh
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by helinues: 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
Even if it is 1 Pdp senator, it is a plus
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by sarrki(m): 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
I don’t care who is the senate president

So far it’s not saraki
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by Kwamecron(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
tongue tongue tongue
Dino support him too
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by kahal29: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
helinues:
Even if it is 1 Pdp senator, it is a plus

Gbam
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by simonlee(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
sarrki:

So far it’s not saraki
You think Saraki is the reason you have not eaten today?

Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by tempest01(m): 10:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
They've promised these ones juicy positions.

PDP should take note of theese people for the future. They are within their rights to support anyone of their choice though.
Re: Three PDP Senators In Attendance As Lawan Unveils Agenda For Ninth Senate by ChristianNorth2: 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
sarrki:
So far it’s not saraki
We don't care who would be president in 2023, so far it is not Tinubu

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu Inspects Ongoing Construction Of New Ifon General Hospital (photos) / Akinwumi Adesina With World Leaders At G7 Submit (Photos) / Name Lagos-ibadan Express Buhari Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.