Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release (40295 Views)

INEC Lists Benefits Of Proposed National Electoral Offences Commission / PDP Primaries In Enugu Peaceful, Transparent - National Electoral Committee / PDP LGA Congresses In Enugu Peaceful, Transparent - National Electoral Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by SILVERLINES: 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
Cherrybae:
This is victory for democracy.. God bless Buhari for upholding the Rule of Law.

We Nigerians are proud of Buhari
u are not better than a piece of sh*t

Buhari keel u dere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Fadapojany: 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
[
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
Tajmahal1000:
What is Festus Okoye of INEC smoking?

What was this meaningless press release about?

Iberiberism or not, it was illegal for INEC to have withheld Okorocha’s certificate of return AFTER the returning officer, who the law invested with the role, had pronounced him elected! The best INEC or the losing party could have done, if considered legitimate, was to have gone to the Tribunal.

This daft press release says a lot about the level of competence of internal and external lawyers working for INEC!

A lot of us do not necessarily like Rochas Okorocha’s record as Governor, but an illegal action cannot become legal because we dislike a person involved! The law is the law! Damn!!!
We need the views of people like you here more often

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Chiachifranklin: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
Believe me INEC will not issue Rochas Okorocha any certificate of return, IMO state High court and federal high court are of coordinate jurisdiction, note in their statement they said;they r aware of d judgement of imo high court n d adjournment n d current judgement. If he must be issued wt a certificate of return it will b after d adjournment of IMO HIGH COURT sitting, mind u he said their Officers are currently in their various places of assignment
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Inec are overreaching.they must obey this order before thinking of any other thing.the ruling was clear unlike the imo court order which was an injunction.
Again,inec just insulted and attacked the federal high court and the entire judiciary by saying that okorocha procured a judgment from it.between an imo court and a federal high court at abj which one can be procured? Inec respect yourself and do the needful
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Chiachifranklin:
Believe me INEC will not issue Rochas Okorocha any certificate of return, IMO state High court and federal high court are of coordinate jurisdiction, note in their statement they said;they r aware of d judgement of imo high court n d adjournment n d current judgement. If he must be issued wt a certificate of return it will b after d adjournment of IMO HIGH COURT sitting, mind u he said their Officers are currently in their various places of assignment
Yes for now but they will be meeting soonest to review the two judgments and allow their legal luminaries to advise them.
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Westsida: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nawa oo. Wetin Okorocha do for them in imo nah
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Chiachifranklin: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
garfield1:

Yes for now but they will be meeting soonest to review the two judgments and allow their legal luminaries to advise them.
yes but it can't be sooner than d adjourned date
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Okoroawusa: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
I don't care what anyone thinks

Buhari try abeg!
If na before who r u to touch a friend of the President?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Charly68: 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
If truly he intimidated the inec staff to declare him as the winer..he ought to be punished for others to learn..our learned judges must stop giving frivolous judgement that has negative moral implication on our judicial system .Inec should appeal except the matter can't proceed further

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by jaxxy(m): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Cherrybae:
This is victory for democracy.. God bless Buhari for upholding the Rule of Law.

We Nigerians are proud of Buhari

Yes. Same way it will also be a victory for democracy if sm1 goes to jail for harassing and intimidating a returning officer to give a favorable result. If confirmed indeed true.
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by PFRB: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Tajmahal1000:

Iberiberism or not, it was illegal for INEC to have withheld Okorocha’s certificate of return AFTER the returning officer, who the law invested with the role, had pronounced him elected! The best INEC or the losing party could have done, if considered legitimate, was to have gone to the Tribunal.

This daft press release says a lot about the level of competence of internal and external lawyers working for INEC!

A lot of us do not necessarily like Rochas Okorocha’s record as Governor, but an illegal action cannot become legal because we dislike a person involved! The law is the law! Damn!!!

Any action taken under duress is null and void. You do not need any court to tell you that.
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by ChristianNorth2: 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
The judgment of the Federal Court is the subsisting judgment because it was made last and the court and the Imo High Court has coordinate jurisdiction.

I don't expect INEC to appeal this case. Congrat Rochas.

Enjoy while it last, Imo State High Court would upturn the judgment of the compromised Abang. It has not delivered its judgment yet.
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
Chiachifranklin:

yes but it can't be sooner than d adjourned date
It could sir.they can jettison that order since there is a current order and inec usually obeys current orders
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
ChristianNorth2:
The judgment of the Federal Court is the subsisting judgment because it was made last and the court and the Imo High Court has coordinate jurisdiction.

I don't expect INEC to appeal this case. Congrat Rochas.

Enjoy while it last, Imo State High Court would upturn the judgment of the compromised Abang. It has not delivered its judgment yet.
This is more like it.inspite your anger and hatred for apc,say the truth.i commend you for being objective.keep it up.franklin,please read this.okorocha in the eyes of the law is a senator till another court says otherwise
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
PFRB:

Any action taken under duress is null and void. You do not need any court to tell you that.
Under which law? What determines duress? The latest ruling has quashed that for now
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
jaxxy:

Yes. Same way it will also be a victory for democracy if sm1 goes to jail for harassing and intimidating a returning officer to give a favorable result. If confirmed indeed true.
My brother,i also said something like that in a thread i opened.if okorocha actually committed a crime,then he must be tried for that another time.for now,that is not the issue before the court.the issue is issuance of certificate

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by iswallker(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Someone is giving a timeline to obey a court order... ...its never done..you simply obey the order and give him the certificate even if the life of Inec chairman is in danger. sad

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Abogwara: 11:09pm On Jun 07, 2019
This their duress of a thing keeps sounding stupid to sane ears. During this 2019 elections, Okorocha was stripped of every apparatus that could give him any atom of advantage including freezing all State accounts a month before election. Okorocha won the election fair and square despite him being disadvantaged but they thought out the duress in order to frustrate hus victory at the polls.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by wingmanII: 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Abang is an animal. Wonder who made him a judge.
Tomorrow somebody will force inec to declare him president at gun point. Impunity must not be encouraged
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by jaxxy(m): 11:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
garfield1:

My brother,i also said something like that in a thread i opened.if okorocha actually committed a crime,then he must be tried for that another time.for now,that is not the issue before the court.the issue is issuance of certificate

Yes I agree. I even personally want him to be in the senate just that I don’t want to encourage wrong doing if at all he did it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
jaxxy:

Yes I agree. I even personally want him to be in the senate just that I don’t want to encourage wrong doing if at all he did it.
Inec should first give him the cert and afterwards sue him for hostage taking
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by jaxxy(m): 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
garfield1:

Inec should first give him the cert and afterwards sue him for hostage taking

True bro. Constitutionally correct
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Olulinks(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
Cornerkick:
angry
Please, bro how did you get the app to design the image you attached?
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by garfield1: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
jaxxy:

True bro. Constitutionally correct
Wish all members can reason like this

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by asiga(m): 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
Issue him his certificate of return and let his opponent approach the election tribunal.

Nansense

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by vineyardfarms: 12:57am On Jun 08, 2019
APC USE AND DUMP PARTY. INEC AND YAKUBU ARE HOUSE BOYS WHO MUST TAKE ORDER AND ACT ON IT.
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by Israeludoudo(m): 1:16am On Jun 08, 2019
what of Akpabio?
Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by dumahi(m): 2:41am On Jun 08, 2019
greggng:

Use your common sense ....doing the needful is same thing as obeying the court decision.
Fools are always too sure of themselves... and always quick to talk down on other people because that's the only way of validating themselves.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release by motorola(m): 4:10am On Jun 08, 2019
Very nice write up, I presume you understand the law better but please there are always exceptions in any rule or law guiding a nation or issues as relating to INEC & Rochas, the returning officer alleged he was coerced to declare Rochas winner so please by law it’s unconstitutional to go ahead to issue him a certificate of return base on evidence of abuse please I stand to be corrected, INEC is absolutely right until proven wrong, impunity needs to die and it always begins with a stance, I stand with INEC
Tajmahal1000:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Pat Utomi: '2016 Budget Process Is A Joke'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.