Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo (10601 Views)

12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu / 2.4m Households To Benefit From FG’s Stimulus Package – Dr. Andrew Kwasari / Femi Fani-kayode: 'Nigeria Will Break Into 2 Or More Pieces In The Next 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by elvisco10(m): 7:16am On Jun 08, 2019
aolawale025:
Commendable! We save the environment that way
abeg na free! light is our problem big problem.nobody has complain about cooking.we hv cooking options.if its environment like u said.generator kill families on monthly basis. maybe nxt he will commission is pot company dey wnt us to b using..selfish interest
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by luluosas(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2019
It must be NNPC cylinder, just like Total cylinder
tactius:

The government wants you to eventually take your empty cylinder to a gas sales point and replace it with a full cylinder.

NNPC already does that at their outlets, and they have been doing it for years.

1 Like

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by AllenSpencer: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2019
bigpicture001:

This got is useless, so it's cut of one company dey want to Barr everyone from owning cooking gas unless certified by FG to hv been bought from this particular plant..

Stop reasoning with your kidney
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by abatical(m): 7:48am On Jun 08, 2019
how can someone with no salary buy cylinder not to talk of fuelling the gas always?...Stfu
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Tobesky1: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Are you interested in becoming a Chartered Accountant within a short period of time. For info about ICAN & ACCA Registration, lectures, exemption & induction call us at Trinity Edge Professionals on 08062402552 or 07033274589
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by bigpicture001: 7:57am On Jun 08, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Stop reasoning with your kidney

The MOD would not see this abuse insiteful response...if it to barr me dey would be fast...

Young man... I hv been barred from comments a total of 53x....plz don't wake me up from my peace....you will not survive my charade....

U will simply run away....just leve me at peace this morning!
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by AllenSpencer: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2019
[s]
bigpicture001:

The MOD would not see this abuse insiteful response...if it to barr me dey would be fast...

Young man... I hv been barred from comments a total of 53x....plz don't wake me up from my peace....you will not survive my charade....

U will simply run away....just leve me at peace this morning!
[/s]

Which language did you intend communicating with?
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Aystarz: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2019
alvan06:
This pastor has started again,13.8 million household users,when your government is not ensuring that these households gets a square meal.....mtchw

"En garde, things are just things
They don't make you who you are
Can't pack up a U-Haul and take it
with you when you're gone" - Maclemoore to Nigerian politicians
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Originalsly: 8:11am On Jun 08, 2019
I'm just amazed how these guys can hold press conferences and spit out figures without being questioned.... and even more how sooo many people would open their mouths and swallow. They need to ask and keep asking him to to explain how he came by those figures.
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Well it takes a family that can afford 3 square meal and miscellaneous expenses to b able to afford a gas cylinder.. Which one b only 2 million cylinder in circulation undecided.. The tens of containers of cylinders that come alaba daily never pass 2 million? Lol

Check my signature/website, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

As more and more companies go into gas production....the price of gas will fall.....making it more affordable.
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 08, 2019
All what this government know how to do is to give us figures figures figures, figures that we never see in reality. government of news reading
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Seetto: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2019
bigpicture001:

Please is there any place it is written that tinubu wants to install sanwo.olu..?

Tinubu again.....I just hope your hatred filled life will not follow some of you to early grave, because hate and bitterness kill fast...
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by deflover(m): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2019
Countries have done away with cylinders
Gas are connected directly to homes through pipes
And meters run per use
Yet this mumu is talking about cylinders
And many fools dey say its a nice development
We can never move forward as long as we have hailing fools
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2019
bigpicture001:

This got is useless, so it's cut of one company dey want to Barr everyone from owning cooking gas unless certified by FG to hv been bought from this particular plant..

Another scam is loading. If you look carefully you find out the dwarf has bought into the ownership of that TechnoOil.
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by QueTeddy: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
Seriously, what has cooking gas got to do with what's on ground
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by delpee(f): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2019
Techno Oil going places. God bless Mrs Nkechi Obi's efforts more.
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Horus(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9eI0aFue_A

F.G. removes VAT on cooking gas

The removal of Value Added Tax (VAT) on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), also called cooking gas, produced in Nigeria, has been of major concern to members of the Nigerian Association of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Marketers (NALPGAM). Therefore, it was good news to the Association and the LPG industry, when the news filtered out that the Federal Government has finally approved VAT removal on LPG and gazetted same which makes it an official pronouncement.

1 Like

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by 6ix1ine9ine(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2019
hmm funny government... na every commemoration a promise is made and yet not fulfiled
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Isoduwa(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2019
Them wan roast chicken � again ocj na gas ⛽ be your problem �
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Ayed44: 10:24am On Jun 08, 2019
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2019
Ayed44:
Majority of the masses depend on firewood not because there is no enough had cylinders in town. Its because they lack the means to afford gas and gas cylinders.

Instead of the government involving itself in the manufacture of gas cylinders let the government simply crash the price of cooking gas and u will see more people embracing cooking gas.

That's because the government subsides the petroleum industry...which crucially makes many oil companies not make enough proifit...and which restricts investment in the downstream sector.

If we removed subsides...allowing oil companies to make their profit...this would attract more investors, who would build more facilites for gas processing....and gas piping. Good thing...government won't need to spend a dime.

But since Nigerians don't like paying high prices...we use subsidy to keep prices low...and things get worse.

1 Like

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by millhouse: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2019
IF You can spot the opportunity in this ... then three bottles of Goldberg for you there
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by laudate: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2019
deflover:
Countries have done away with cylinders
Gas are connected directly to homes through pipes
And meters run per use
Yet this mumu is talking about cylinders
And many fools dey say its a nice development
We can never move forward as long as we have hailing fools
Why do people like you keep talking without any insight or rational analysis? sad Are you the one that will lay the pipes, or do the reticulation to pipe gas into buildings in Nigeria?

Do you know how many years and how much funds it would cost to do that all over Nigeria, with the level of infrastructure we currently have? shocked

Why do you people like to castigate everything, but cannot provide solutions? In India and many parts of South East Asia as well as Latin American countries, gas is still sold in cylinders. Even in rural parts of the US and Canada, especially in off-grid homes, gas cylinders are common. Pls don't talk about what you do not know. angry
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by laudate: 11:16am On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:
That's because the government subsides the petroleum industry...which crucially makes many oil companies not make enough proifit...and which restricts investment in the downstream sector.

If we removed subsides...allowing oil companies to make their profit...this would attract more investors, who would build more facilites for gas processing....and gas piping. Good thing...government won't need to spend a dime.

But since Nigerians don't like paying high prices...we use subsidy to keep prices low...and things get worse.
Oga, stop peddling false info. angry Cooking gas is not subsidised, in any shape or form. We pay the local equivalent of international price, for cooking gas in Nigeria.

Only petrol is subsidised. That is why cooking gas is more expensive locally, than petrol in many areas. Even diesel is no longer subsidised, as the subsidy was removed a few years back. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 08, 2019
laudate:

Oga, stop peddling false info. angry Cooking gas is not subsidised, in any shape or form. We pay the local equivalent of international price, for cooking gas in Nigeria.

Only petrol is subsidised. That is why cooking gas is more expensive locally, than petrol in many areas. Even diesel is no longer subsidised, as the subsidy was removed a few years back. undecided

And because petrol is subsidised, the oil industry is losing billions in naira...which means it cannot make investments in facilities, including increasing gas production.

Because, let's be honest...we flare lots of gas into the air because it is cheaper to do so.
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by deflover(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2019
laudate:

Why do people like you keep talking without any insight or rational analysis? sad Are you the one that will lay the pipes, or do the reticulation to pipe gas into buildings in Nigeria?

Do you know how many years and how much funds it would cost to do that all over Nigeria, with the level of infrastructure we currently have? shocked

Why do you people like to castigate everything, but cannot provide solutions? In India and many parts of South East Asia as well as Latin American countries, gas is still sold in cylinders. Even in rural parts of the US and Canada, especially in off-grid homes, gas cylinders are common. Pls don't talk about what you do not know. angry

Oga i no know wetin u dey rap
London wey I go
Na pipe carry gas come house for me
So Na u know all dis one
No be Nigeria lay pipe from Niger delta dey go Europe
If DAT one easy why to lay pipe to homes go hard
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by deflover(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:

And because petrol is subsidised, the oil industry is losing billions in naira...which means it cannot make investments in facilities, including increasing gas production.

Because, let's be honest...we flare lots of gas into the air because it is cheaper to do so.

So petrol is the only thing gotten from crude oil
So as petrol is subsidied
It has affected the whole oil industry that they loose billions
Stop talking like an illiterate
Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 08, 2019
deflover:

So petrol is the only thing gotten from crude oil
So as petrol is subsidied
It has affected the whole oil industry that they loose billions
Stop talking like an illiterate

1.If you are making a profit in several sectors of the oil industry as a player...yet losing millions in the petrol sector to subsidy....the thing is, you would be drawing away cash from those other sectors to make up for your loses in petrol sales.

It's something that happens in many businesses. Dangote recently sold his noodle making industry because it was making loses...and affecting other sectors.

2.Again, because we subsidise fuel...profits are not being made...which drives away investors ...which is why we don't have enough refineries by the way

3.Many gas companies don't just sell cooking gas...they also sell gas to industries for industrial use (not much profit there as our induistrial sector is bad) and the DISCOS and GENCOS to generate power (again not much profit due to stealing of electric power, DISCOS not metering everyone, etc)...and they lose money there. That scares away investors

4[b].And by calling me an illiterate, you were rude and you showed childish behaviour. The next time you exhibit such behaviour , I shall report you to the mods . Please be more civil. It reflects badly on you if you use insults in your speech.[/b]

1 Like

Re: 14m Households To Embrace Cooking Gas In Next 5 Years, Says Osinbajo by deflover(m): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:

1.If you are making a profit in several sectors of the oil industry as a player...yet losing millions in the petrol sector to subsidy....the thing is, you would be drawing away cash from those other sectors to make up for your loses in petrol sales.

It's something that happens in many businesses. Dangote recently sold his noodle making industry because it was making loses...and affecting other sectors.

2.Again, because we subsidise fuel...profits are not being made...which drives away investors ...which is why we don't have enough refineries by the way

3.Many gas companies don't just sell cooking gas...they also sell gas to industries for industrial use (not much profit there as our induistrial sector is bad) and the DISCOS and GENCOS to generate power (again not much profit due to stealing of electric power, DISCOS not metering everyone, etc)...and they lose money there. That scares away investors

4[b].And by calling me an illiterate, you were rude and you showed childish behaviour. The next time you exhibit such behaviour , I shall report you to the mods . Please be more civil. It reflects badly on you if you use insults in your speech.[/b]

Hehehehe now let's go to school
What's subsidy
Because petrol is subsidies doesn't mean the company runs at a loss sir.
What it means is they are told to sell to the consumer at a govt price while the govt pays the subtraction
So it means if I buy bread from Lagos and after transportation and all the bread is now 500naira
Govt tells u to sell at 300naira
And pays u the balance of 200naira
Its just what it is
No looses
Now can we clear this.
Sorry for the name calling

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCFront: We Are Working To Dislodge APC & PDP In 2023 — Third Force Coalition / Bandits Attack Zamfara Community For Defaulting In Levy Payment / Councillors Suspend Ogun LG Chairman Who Accused Abiodun Of Funds Diversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.