Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch (26362 Views)

Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy / Pictures: Oshiomhole's Billboard That Was Removed By APC / Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 08, 2019
Hmm. Which way Nigeria
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:30am On Jun 08, 2019
Ide4u:
The Nigerian Television Authority has been removed from the largest digital satellite television service platform in Europe, Sky Limited.

A visit to Sky’s website showed that NTA had been barred indefinitely from airing on Channel 794.

A message on Sky’s website read in part, “794: NTA International; currently temporarily removed from EPG (Electronic Programme Guide).”

A Sky customer service official told our reporter on the telephone in the UK that it had no control over NTA International whose rights are owned by Ben TV.

The news of the suspension of NTA International began to trend barely 24 hours after the National Broadcasting Commission, Nigeria’s broadcast regulator, suspended the licences of Africa Independent Television and Raypower 100.5FM.

However, sources within BEN TV told our correspondent that the NTA was pulled down two weeks ago.

Sky Limited is a British media and telecommunications conglomerate owned by Comcast and headquartered in London.

According to Wikipedia, it has operations in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Spain.

Sky is Europe’s largest media company and pay-TV broadcaster by revenue (as of 2018) with 23 million subscribers and more than 31,000 employees as of 2019. The company is primarily involved in satellite television and broadband services.

The NBC headed by Kawu Modibbo had on Thursday announced the suspension of AIT and Raypower FM both owned by opposition politician, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.

Although the NBC had cited several infractions as the reason for the suspension, human rights groups claim the suspension was an attempt to stifle press freedom.

The founder of BEN TV, Alistair Soyode, did not respond to telephone calls on Friday.

https://punchng.com/nta-removed-from-largest-uk-cable-platform-sky/
rubbish punch... NTA has low patrons, bad visuals, bad audio, not very vibrant and eloquent workers.. The same fate that met our civil service sectors caught up with the oldest TV station in Africa and need I mention NTA has been around long before most European countries had theirs...
Example is RTE irish own national carrier.. Funny it's just a baby.. Even obj gave financial aid to Ireland during our oil boom to support Ireland..
. But today Ireland is the 5th richest country in the world...

I'm ara here.. Enjoy the weekend lads

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by SmartMen: 6:32am On Jun 08, 2019
To justify removal of AIT.... Na people wey no understand APC go believe this nonesense

1 Like

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Isnow: 6:39am On Jun 08, 2019
NTA full of lies and distorted political analysis..they don't say things the way it appears in NIg govt, they too cover fed gvt lapses...the worst I HV ever watched was the past election news analysis..

5 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by obailala(m): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2019
It's actuallly a blessing that NTA was removed from Sky; the picture and spund quality of NTA's broadcast has always been a cringe worthy source of embarrassment. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by obailala(m): 6:41am On Jun 08, 2019
SmartMen:
To justify removal of AIT.... Na people wey no understand APC go believe this nonesense
Are you suggesting SKY on the UK removed NTA because NBC in Nigeria suspended AIT? Wetin concern Sky and Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by lastmessenger: 6:45am On Jun 08, 2019
I will rather watch jimjam than watch NTA

5 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by SmartMen: 6:45am On Jun 08, 2019
obailala:
Are you suggesting SKY on the UK removed NTA because NBC in Nigeria suspended AIT? Wetin concern Sky and Nigeria?
no... This news only made headline for a reason... It might even be fake lol. U don't know APC walahi. The death of that party will be the biggest miracle for Nigeria.
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by safetyInspector(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2019
Watching NTA online? Have never succeeded in doing that. Channels is the best. TVC is also trying. AIT was doing good but all of a sudden vanished. Most of our radio stations are doing great, you can enjoy them any where in the world.
tactius:
Hmm....NTA

Maybe NTA was not paying its rent....

All in all, NTA can be watched online...and there are other sources of Nigerian news..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:

If you want NTA to be better, maybe we should do as the British do for their BBC and fund it with a television licensing fee in return for NTA not doing any advertising.

Or we could privatize it.

My Guy NTA will still be shyt no matter how much we pay them, it's full of incompetents workers who got there due to nepotism without passion for the job. Do You know that NTA ogas & it's employees completely share money they received from advertisement instead of using part of it to buy equipment or train staff, most workers their just want chop salary. Most of the talented workers have left and join the likes of TVC & channels TV. Due to promotion of incompetent people to sensitive positions in NTA

7 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by OTayobami(m): 6:53am On Jun 08, 2019
cbngov01:
How will they be available?? Who still watches NTA

You Nigerian brothers in the UK, to know what's going on in the country
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Acedave1(m): 6:57am On Jun 08, 2019
make dem comot naija 4 earth make dem carry us go mercury

1 Like

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by vicfajeze: 6:57am On Jun 08, 2019
feelgoodstuffs:

Even some phone camera these days are more clearer than NTA cheesy
MY NOKIA 3310 PICTURE IS BETTER DAN NTA embarassed
feelgoodstuffs:

Even some phone camera these days are more clearer than NTA cheesy
MY NOKIA 3310 PICTURE IS BETTER DAN NTA
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Femijohn198: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2019
TVC news should also be suspended,own by chief Ahmed tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by arrestdarrester: 7:02am On Jun 08, 2019
Jiang:

My Guy NTA will still be shyt no matter how much we pay them, it's full of incompetents workers who got there due to nepotism without passion for the job. Do You know that NTA ogas & it's employees completely share money they received from advertisement instead of using part of it to buy equipment or train staff, most workers their just want chop salary. Most of the talented workers have left and join the likes of TVC & channels TV. Due to promotion of incompetent people to sensitive positions in NTA

[/b]"Due to promotion of incompetent people to sensitive positions in NTA"[b]

You said it all.
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by olaswim: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2019
Lie why it wasn't reported...
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by orisa37: 7:10am On Jun 08, 2019
International "Titi n 4 Tati" for NBC's pettiness to AIT.

1 Like

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by cardoctor(m): 7:15am On Jun 08, 2019
Better for u guys. Who wan watch village headmaster in 2019?
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Btruth: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2019
Paapii3d:
That's what happens when the channel looks like they shoot with a phone camera
NTA is a disaster when it comes to their pictures. I really don't know if their management are not seeing other stations nii?
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 08, 2019
The picture I saw in this post I better watch it than watch nta

1 Like

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by elvisco10(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2019
OTayobami:

You Nigerian brothers in the UK, to know what's going on in the country
NTA.is d wrong place to expect news.it comes after 1week.covering govt nd turnin d news.nt advisable.
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by tiwiex(m): 7:44am On Jun 08, 2019
bixton:
Typical of Nigerians they will not ask why NTA was removed but will be fast to say the not good enough reason why NBC suspended AIT.
Our hypocrisy na from birth.

Ben TV is a business. Obviously no one even missed NTA for going offline. I doubt it was removed for content issues. It really has no objective content. I suspect viewership was low and not worth the business. I live in Nigeria and can't remember the last time I tuned in to NTA. Can you remember?

1 Like

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2019
bixton:
Typical of Nigerians they will not ask why NTA was removed but will be fast to say the not good enough reason why NBC suspended AIT.
Our hypocrisy na from birth.
Tell us, why was NTA removed
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by poseidon12: 7:53am On Jun 08, 2019
cbngov01:
How will they be available?? Who still watches NTA

I wonder too. Maybe only the zombies. I don't consider NTA or Radio Nigeria (I don't even know if it still exists) as credible news sources.
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by jerflakes(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2019
Paapii3d:
That's what happens when the channel looks like they shoot with a phone camera

Some part of game of thrones was shot with mobile phones.

Google it

You're underestimating thr clarity of mobile phone cameras

4 Likes

Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by Angelfrost(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Nbote:
Like dey even watch it... Nigerians at home don't even watch it talk more of ppl in diaspora.. A station dat looks like d past

It doesn't look like the past... It is the bloody forgotten past!!! undecided
Re: NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch by 8stargeneral: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2019
who dey watch NTA, apc channel.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guru Maharaj: Why Nnamdi Kanu Can’t Be Compared To Sunday Igboho / Terrorists Killed As NAF Shells Katsina Bandit Leader’s Wedding / Fela Durotoye Dancing In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.