Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Calling For A Change! Read On - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Calling For A Change! Read On (568 Views)

Whatsapp Android App Now Has Free Voice Calling For Everyone. / Want To Have A Change? **a Must Read** / Calling Systems Administrators - Our Own Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calling For A Change! Read On by dexcity: 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
[/b] WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT [/b]

I am writing this to inform you that there are certain things you have or use or are doing which inadvertently means that you are involved in the concept known as copyright infringement, you might be wondering as to what i am getting to with all this but lets break it down in a minute be frank and ask yourself for example, the very music you listen to on a daily basis, did you buy it?, borrow it or did you just download it off the internet thru some p2p file-sharing app? after the musician has toiled and suffered to bring out his/her production after months and months of blood, sweat and tears to make it presentable to the general public?-this is what is meant by copyright infringement,

the movies you watch , do you legally watch them in the cinema, download them from legal websites such as netflix or hulu or do the p2p thingy again?- believe me thats copyright infringement because if you look closely at the end of any movie ever produced after the credits you can see where it is written that "any unauthorised sales, distribution or presentation of this material is hereby prohibited" and these things take years and serious working hours to produce and direct,actors,actresses and crew members have to extensively prepare, memorise and practice stunts all in the aim of delivering to you what you call entertainment only for it to be ripped off into the popular .avi format or the new .mkv format and promptly downloaded by movie-hungry raiders

How about your OS(operating system) and the applications you use for your everyday productivity, like office suites, DTP(desktop publishing), graphics suites or programming applications.How did you get it? Is it a pirated copy on which you applied an activation crack which makes it valid till infinity. Ask any programmer and he will show you how even the smallest program takes about 1000 lines of code which has to be tested and tested again and debugged before it can even be usable, if it were so easy why doesn't everybody make their own program? Do you now get my point when I tell you that it is copyright infringement?

May i ask (for those of you who play pc,ps3 or xbox 360 games) where do you get your games from?, do you buy them thru their online or offline retail outlets or you ONCE AGAIN download them from torrent sites(which i'm sure many of us are familiar with),folks, in reality, thats copyright infringement

Or do you feel the constant need to browse for free either thru ur mobile fone or a pc(laptop or desktop)by implementing one hack or the other to the network providing the service, so that you pay no monthly charge or be affected by the imposed download size limits, hello?! thats also part of it, i don't need to tell you how or why

Or maybe it could be that fruity loops you use to make your music,or making illegal free calls thru google chat or using aircrack to spoof your neighbour's wifi ,or maybe you even hack credit cards, whatever, the list is endless, they all fall into the same category of COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

What is this copyright infringement you may ask?, well it involves many things, but most of it entails the use, sale,distribution or presentation of any material that is against the wishes of the producer or maker who signed a copyright agreement law to protect his/her production or investment.Violation of any or parts of this law is termed as a crime.

Every crime is a sin, already it is punishable by law and in addition every sin is punishable by God who clearly stated that every labourer is worthy of his wages and you may eventually find yourself damned for something you would have easily overlooked.Well,If you don't believe in God , we will all eventually find out whether He exists or not,

So as you can see, there is no escape.Don't say you have not been warned.Do not get caught and most importantly, do not be found wanting on THAT day.

The only meaningful way to progress is to set things aright

Hope you have got something out of this article. I hope to keep you posted on developments on these type of trends.Make sure to pass this to at least 20 people. Take Care.

Till next time, Adios!

Send any questions or comments to my email redstrobes@yahoo.com or to this number +2348131103294

(1) (Reply)

Zain Free Brows / Hp Pavilion Dv6 Laptop 4 Sale @80k / Decoder Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.