Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Money Market - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Money Market (2231 Views)

Stanbic Ibtc Money Market Investment / Please Help Is ARM Money Market Fund Worth It / Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Market by alexvic12: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2019
Please I want to learn about the money market. I know there is a ton on information on Google but I also need information and testimonies, cons and pros from anyone here who has actually tried to learn and use it. Please.
Re: Money Market by bigtt76(f): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2019
Money Market Fund (MMF) is just the abridged version of investing in Government treasury bills (TB) except that with MMF, the banks or the financial institution invests on your behalf and pay you interest on the money invested daily, monthly or quarterly with the option of re-investing.

Now, unlike TB, you can opt out at anytime without loss of invested fund don't get it twisted though ....with TB you get paid interest on the principal upfront with your principal remaining intact till the end of the bills' tenure. If you want your principal before the end of the tenure date, then you will have to sell it at a discount rate meaning you lose a percentage of it.

Some MMF operators may require that you don't opt out for 30-90 days after investing but if you want to, then you will be fined a penalty for doing so.

Again, unlike TB, the yield rates fluctuates with the market meaning you can start with 13% today and tomorrow it drops to 12% while with TB, if they say 13% for 90 or 182 days ....so shall it remain untill the next batch of bills are to be sold at a different rate.

I would advice you read up more on the best MMF operator to select from, I know quite a few I've used though - ARM and StanbicIBTC both have low entry levels at N5K. Others may insist on from N50K upwards. There are other good and better ones out there you just have to dig them up.

All the best

alexvic12:
Please I want to learn about the money market. I know there is a ton on information on Google but I also need information and testimonies, cons and pros from anyone here who has actually tried to learn and use it. Please.

2 Likes

Re: Money Market by kenomobola(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2019
alexvic12:

In addition to what bigtt76 has posted, you can also visit the Mutual funds thread to get testimonies, pros, cons, tips, and what have you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Market by MrLekan95(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
interesting
Re: Money Market by alexvic12: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
bigtt76:
Money Market Fund (MMF) is just the abridged version of investing in Government treasury bills (TB) except that with MMF, the banks or the financial institution invests on your behalf and pay you interest on the money invested daily, monthly or quarterly with the option of re-investing.

Now, unlike TB, you can opt out at anytime without loss of invested fund don't get it twisted though ....with TB you get paid interest on the principal upfront with your principal remaining intact till the end of the bills' tenure. If you want your principal before the end of the tenure date, then you will have to sell it at a discount rate meaning you lose a percentage of it.

Some MMF operators may require that you don't opt out for 30-90 days after investing but if you want to, then you will be fined a penalty for doing so.

Again, unlike TB, the yield rates fluctuates with the market meaning you can start with 13% today and tomorrow it drops to 12% while with TB, if they say 13% for 90 or 182 days ....so shall it remain untill the next batch of bills are to be sold at a different rate.

I would advice you read up more on the best MMF operator to select from, I know quite a few I've used though - ARM and StanbicIBTC both have low entry levels at N5K. Others may insist on from N50K upwards. There are other good and better ones out there you just have to dig them up.

All the best

Thanks ma
Re: Money Market by Prestdude: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2019
The money market is about the most important market in the country's financial economy...

1 Like

Re: Money Market by alexvic12: 7:19am On Sep 15, 2019
Prestdude:
The money market is about the most important market in the country's financial economy...
https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/money-market-financial-market/

Thanks, I'll read up.
Re: Money Market by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
I have a provider for 50k in USA chase and well Fargo bank only
345/5
Procedure is just cheque with int'passport
If you are a serious buyer or you have a good buyer please contact me let's close deals

(1) (Reply)

Forex Gurus: What's The Best Forex Trading Platform / Sell Your Itunes Gift Card At The Highest Rate On Nairaland And Get Instant Fund / MMM Bitcoin PH And GH - Make 50% profit in Bit Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.