Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record (21808 Views)

Divine Oduduru Becomes Fastest Man In The World, Smashes Bolt's record / Paul Onuachu Scores Second Fastest Goal In International Football History / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Westsida: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2019
cool
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by maberry(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2019
Nice one
But I can't help but notice that he is based in the USA
I am almost sure rhat if he were based in Nigeria, his dreams would probably have been dashed because ours is a country where dreams are delayed or killed, a country that fails it's citizens
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by tstx(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2019
Megatrix:

so fast? Una don reach here now now

Dey use an automatic poster bot

3 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by tstx(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2019
dynicks:
Bia !Mr SEUN ND all of them mods! Make una do something about these bet9ja ND sex position annoying CREATURES Dem na bikonu..

Abi Dem don hack into una system!? Ayam not understanding oo! Do something oh! Do something!!

Dey can't do anything..... Its a bot.
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by OKorowanta: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2019
My problem wit them is they always disappoint at the world stage just like the likes of Fasuba too.
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Christan213807: 9:14am On Jun 08, 2019
[sup][/sup]
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by molybdenum0012: 9:16am On Jun 08, 2019
Congrats!

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

We are here for you. All our tutors are verified, so no issue of insecurity.

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by martineverest(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2019
this dude could become world champ with this time..I doubt any athlete could reach this time
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Jerrick(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2019
Lesson for all, don't ever stop believing and encouraging yourself. I remember this guy was made as a subject of mockery but look at him now.....Nigeria and Nigerians were mocking this guy neglecting his abilities cos all focus was directed to the way and how he spoke but whites saw something different entirely and signed him. Our problem goes far beyond the government, our mentality and perception towards some things is the cause of our substandard or let me say mediocre results. Imagine someone saying on here he will soon fade, that shows the extent at which it'll take time to reach certain levels as a Nation. Move all Nigerians to America and all Americans down to Nigeria, it's just a matter of time before we mess that place up again..... I'm actually pained but what can I do? If you try to change them or put all your effort for a better Nigeria, they'll frustrate you and your effort. congrats to you bro, greater heights!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by wink2015(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2019
oluchisimfred:
Divine Oduduru became the second fastest African, following his amazing performance at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) championships late Friday night.

Divine Oduduru who became the second fastest African behind his compatriot and legend Olusoji Fasuba, easily won the 100 meters in 9.86 seconds which is the fastest ever by an African since Fasuba ran a slightly faster time of 9.85 seconds 13 years ago in Doha. The Texas-based athlete also won the 200 meters in 19.73 seconds,  45 minutes after his heroics in the 100m. The recent achievement, came few days after Oduduru, the youngest of 10 children who grew up in abject poverty in the small rural village of Ovworo near the town of Ughelli in Southern Nigeria, shared his grass to grace story.

Here is a video of his big win below;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/08/divine-oduduru-becomes-second-fastest-african/

URHOBO BOY FROM DELTA STATE CONGRAT
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by georgementday(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2019
]As far as he's from Zoogeria he will soon start fading.. Hopefully before the year runs out

Therefore no congrats here angry[/quote]
why are we igbos so tribalistic?

4 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by rusher14: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2019
maberry:
Nice one
But I can't help but notice that he is based in the USA
I am almost sure rhat if he were based in Nigeria, his dreams would probably have been dashed because ours is a country where dreams are delayed or killed, a country that fails it's citizens

He was local based when he represented the country.

Stop the continual bashing of your country and do your best to raise it up.

6 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by seunajia: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2019
He never espereted it! Congrats bro grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by rusher14: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2019
Jerrick:
Lesson for all, don't ever stop believing and encouraging yourself. I remember this guy was made as a subject of mockery but look at him now.....Nigeria and Nigerians were mocking this guy neglecting his abilities cos all focus was directed to the way and how he spoke but whites saw something different entirely and signed him. Our problem goes far beyond the government, our mentality and perception towards some things is the cause of our substandard or let me say mediocre results. Imagine someone saying on here he will soon fade, that shows the extent at which it'll take time to reach certain levels as a Nation. Move all Nigerians to America and all Americans down to Nigeria, it's just a matter of time before we mess that place up again..... I'm actually pained but what can I do? If you try to change them or put all your effort for a better Nigeria, they'll frustrate you and your effort. congrats to you bro, greater heights!!!

Are you a mind reader ?

Because you spoke my mind.

Nigerians love to complain yet only few make the effort to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Geedy: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2019
Bleep you, dem you I work for my money!, I work for it and I get it (just singing the remaining verse)
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Adekdammy: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2019
Someone that America will soon claim.
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by livenletlive: 9:54am On Jun 08, 2019
When the Real Olympic comes. This one is nothing yet.
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by tstx(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2019
Opexzy:

They can always do something... SEUN is just too selfish to spend money on improvement or maybe he doesn't care... Three things can be done s far as my line of profession is concerned....
1. Impose stringent registration procedures so that accounts won't be too easy to open yet still simple to follow through.
2.Use an artificial intelligent spam filter that is based or that uses either ANN or some other AI classifiers. (there are enough of spam post on nairaland to train the model already).
3.Use open source image processors like Open CV and the rest to check the content level of an image.. This will block every image that is too wordy from displaying.. (Images in Spam post are always wordy)..
4. To Tackle the bots... Impose recaptcha on every form submission page... Google currently offer this service for free...
5. Finally track users local Ip address and ban then if too many acct has been created from the same ip or if a bot has been confirmed to use the ip... On this the hosting company will have to be involved... You can use SNORT to blacklist them.

The no 5 one might need high technical requirements for it's implementation... But i am sure the rest will drastically reduce the spam rate on this forum...

OGA SEUN... You beta upgrade now... One day a beta and more sophisticated forum from Nigeria might start competing with you very soon...funniest thing is that the person might be a nairalander... The person can even the be the guy typing or reading this...

Thanks for the enlightenment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by davillian(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2019
dynicks:
Bia !Mr SEUN ND all of them mods! Make una do something about these bet9ja ND sex position annoying CREATURES Dem na bikonu..

Abi Dem don hack into una system!? Ayam not understanding oo! Do something oh! Do something!!
Those guys are using bot
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Studyinchina200(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2019
His family members would start putting pressure on him by asking for helps.

Don’t blame some of these guys.
iTearHerToto:
As far as he's from Zoogeria he will soon start fading.. Hopefully before the year runs out

Therefore no congrats here angry
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Studyinchina200(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2019
Selfish and too comfortable.

Nairaland used to be fun back then.

No improvement,nothing.

Opexzy:

They can always do something... SEUN is just too selfish to spend money on improvement or maybe he doesn't care... Three things can be done s far as my line of profession is concerned....
1. Impose stringent registration procedures so that accounts won't be too easy to open yet still simple to follow through.
2.Use an artificial intelligent spam filter that is based or that uses either ANN or some other AI classifiers. (there are enough of spam post on nairaland to train the model already).
3.Use open source image processors like Open CV and the rest to check the content level of an image.. This will block every image that is too wordy from displaying.. (Images in Spam post are always wordy)..
4. To Tackle the bots... Impose recaptcha on every form submission page... Google currently offer this service for free...
5. Finally track users local Ip address and ban then if too many acct has been created from the same ip or if a bot has been confirmed to use the ip... On this the hosting company will have to be involved... You can use SNORT to blacklist them.

The no 5 one might need high technical requirements for it's implementation... But i am sure the rest will drastically reduce the spam rate on this forum...

OGA SEUN... You beta upgrade now... One day a beta and more sophisticated forum from Nigeria might start competing with you very soon...funniest thing is that the person might be a nairalander... The person can even the be the guy typing or reading this...

1 Like

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by AmazingELixir: 10:19am On Jun 08, 2019
grin grin

I just knew he will not be based in Nigeria immediately I saw the thread.

He most probably would have been neck deep into Yahoo Yahoo if he was still back in the shi.t hole.
Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by Opexzy: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Selfish and too comfortable.

Nairaland used to be fun back then.

No improvement,nothing.

I don't blame them... When u don't have real competitors one is usually inclined to maintain status quo... Can Google or Apple or Microsoft try not to add something new in just a week talk less of a decade...

3 Likes

Re: Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record by pagorino(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2019
iTearHerToto:
As far as he's from Zoogeria he will soon start fading.. Hopefully before the year runs out

Therefore no congrats here angry
you being a failure doesn't mean another person would fail... As you can see he is ascending higher while you are here frustrated. He no even know you not to talk of your generation. Keep hating and he keeps winning. Muntula grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Week 39 Red Coupon Xx22xx / Efe Ambrose: European Clubs Disregard For AFCON / Samuel Eto'o: I Prefer Mourinho's Style To Guardiola's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.