|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,486,679 members, 5,635,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 June 2020 at 10:53 PM
Buhari’s Appointment Is An Error, He Can Barely Manage Himself – Ffk Tells Ecowa / Keyamo’s Appointment Is Welcomed By Delta APC – Uduaghan / Why Ministerial Appointment Is Being Delayed – Boss Mustapha (2) (3) (4)
|Appointment Is Not A Compensation Plan by omokudu(m): 12:57pm On Jun 08, 2019|
The time has come again for President Muhammad Buhari to appoint the Ministers and Heads of Agencies that would be working with him for the next 4 years. It is very important that he maintains fidelity to the promise he made while addressing the press during the election period to appoint the appropriate individuals. This decision is clearly vital for national progress.
In Nigeria, it has become a popular trend to compensate election losers with political appointments. Rumours have made it known that Sen. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state, Former Governor Abdul-Azeez Yari of Zamfara state and a few others would be considered for ministerial offices for their support during the presidential election. To this end, it has become essential to question the criteria for appointing ministers. This is to ensure that much value is placed on governance and capabilities rather than being a form of compensation.
Unfavourable Outcomes of Such Actions
The use of such offices will likely result in
1. Setback in the growth and development of the ministry or agency headed.
2. Reduction in the overall performance of the executive, among other things.
3. Lack of professional skills and ideas to handle the affairs of the ministry.
This is evident in the performance of some ministers as they could not discharge their duties effectively and optimally.
What should be done
1. Worthy individuals and persons of high integrity should be appointed.
2. A technocrat and experienced administrator who has been tested in several capacities will best fit.
3. Appointment should not be a form of compensation to undeserved personalities
4. Areas of professional expertise should be considered in deciding the best ministries so that an Engineer would not be made a minister of health and a Medical Doctor not handling the ministry of Finance.
5. Proper investigation should be carried out on each individual before appointment and the antecedents should be carefully considered.
Call A Spade A Spade (CASAS)
Follow us on Twitter & IG: @campaignCasas
2 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Appointment Is Not A Compensation Plan by Jaid95: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2019|
This is something that needs to be considered
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24