Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah (8302 Views)

9th Senate: Why We Picked Lawan For Senate Presidency – APC / How `League Of Former Governors’ Plan To Hijack 9th Senate - Daily Nigerian / The 9th Senate: Full List Of Newly Elected Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by akelicious(m): 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
The Young Progressive Party (YPP)’s Senator-elect, Mr Ifeanyi Ubah, on Saturday, disclosed that he is not supporting Sen. Ahmad Lawan’s Senate presidential bid for any political gain.

Ubah, who will be representing Anambra South Senatorial District in the 9th Senate, gave the clarification while speaking with newsmen shortly after the party’s stakeholders’ meeting in Abuja.

Senator Andy Uba (APC), who represented Anambra South in the 8th Senate, his younger brother, Chris Uba (PDP), had filed petitions challenging the outcome of the election at the tribunal.

According to the YPP senator-elect, the insinuation that he was backing Lawan in order to secure his election victory at tribunal was untrue.

”From day one, I have always have my position. I have consulted with my party, we looked at his pedigree. He was the Senate leader in the 8th Senate and politics is about risk. We looked at his resume and we found out that he is the right person to support.

”Even if he never makes it, let us assume but that we don’t pray for, I will still work with him. I am the only YPP senator-elect. So I need to form alliance in the Senate and that is what politics is all about,” he said.

Ubah said his support for the All Progressives Congress preferred candidate was a universal practice, even in the United States (US).

He urged the lawmakers-elect to ensure that the election was conducted in a peaceful, free and fair manner.

”We want to have a rancour-free legislature in the ninth Senate. And that is why YPP has a position on whom we are supporting. The person who will at least give us that value we are seeking for. My words to Nigerians out there is that they should watch the performance of the YPP in the ninth Senate,” he said.

According to him, a journey of a million mile starts with a step and I believe that ninth Senate will be a very good platform for us to demonstrate our competence.

Ubah, who said he was proud to be the pioneer YPP lawmaker, restated that he had no plan to dump the party.

He said YPP was a party to watch in the next election.

”The takeaway from this meeting is that we are strategising on how to takeover and everybody should know that YPP is a party to watch in the next election,” he said.

The National Chairman of the party, Comrade Emmanuel Amakiri, who noted the economic challenges confronting Nigerians, said YPP comprised a new breed of politicians that is ready to bring innovative ideas into Nigerian politics.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/08/9th-senate-why-im-supporting-lawan-ifeanyi-ubah/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by OfficialAPCNig: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
Lies!!!
You want to contest for Anambra election under APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by sarrki(m): 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Lies!!!

You want to contest for Anambra election under APC.

Is he qualified?

Please stop all this ranting

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
First and foremost, nobody will expect Ubah to be with pdp and Apga after what they did to him.

Secondly, as for Governor he can't win that unless apga foolishly zone the governorship to another zone instead of anambra south that it is their turn then Ubah issa goal.

No much talk .

6 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by OfficialAPCNig: 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
sarrki:

Is he qualified?
Please stop all this ranting
Who be this one abeg?

1 Like

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by sarrki(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Who be this one abeg?

A patriotic Nigeria

Nightmare of wailing wailers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by porshnuel: 6:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Try supporting pdp nd ur case file will be reopened ....in the history of modern day politics i haven't seen a political olosho as ifeanyi uba...too thirsty for power
In few weeks to come he will surely decamp to apc

9 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by kaen1317: 6:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Because u dont want EFCC to open your file.

3 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by dingbang(m): 6:36am On Jun 09, 2019
kaen1317:
Because u dont want EFCC to open your file.
grin that sums everything

2 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by donkarly(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2019
Oga doesn't want his case file to be opened, his debt is over much.he is also after the juicy petroleum committee membership so he can resuscitate his oil business..

5 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2019
akelicious:

Even if he never makes it, let us assume but that we don’t pray for, I will still work with him. I am the only YPP senator-elect. So I need to form alliance in the Senate and that is what politics is all about,” he said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/08/9th-senate-why-im-supporting-lawan-ifeanyi-ubah/
Does this line still fly

So you are there to form alliances undecided The ones you have formed in the past. What's the essence Mtcheeeeeeew. okay continue

Last last you will still port to APC-. Even an amateur knows that!!!

2 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by helinues: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2019
Case closed
Case sealed

Still some people are not convinced enough about who becomes the Senate president and Speaker
Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by toprealman: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2019
These guys have been milking the nation via illegal means now they have all metamorphosised to senators just to make illegality legit via silly unsustainable legislation.
It is finished!

3 Likes

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Max8: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2019
See this guy saying he is not supporting Ahmed Lawan for political gains,Ifeanyi Uba can only fool himself and his mumu followers, definitely u are supporting him for your selfish, self-centered political gains, first u plan to join APC from your party, secondly of course by supporting him means he might put u in one of the juicy committees as we already know u are into oil and gas, and lastly we know my Capital oil company had been taken over by AMCON due to the huge debt u took and could not serviced.we know that u senators only fester your personal selfish agenda first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Max8: 7:41am On Jun 09, 2019
donkarly:
Oga doesn't want his case file to be opened, his debt is over much.he is also after the juicy petroleum committee membership so he can resuscitate his oil business..
On point, an average NIGERIAN politician fester their selfish interest first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Greatken007(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2019
A man who has never held any political Office in the past is scared of EFCC, does that really correlate. Ifeanyi Ubah's sincerity earned him what he got today. It is even an insult to expect him to lose Anambra South senatorial district to those two brothers from Uga ,he is from Nnewi and the bulk votes he got there is a proof of love his people have for him. He also won major towns in Aguata the LGA of the two brothers.

1 Like

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by HEYWAYA: 8:40am On Jun 09, 2019
Ifeanyi Uba!

This name will feature prominently when the history of political prostitution in Nigeria will be discussed.

Meanwhile, ever thought Nollywood is not good in action movies?

This trailer of an action-packed Nollywood thriller will put you to shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmhVP_ATZc

1 Like

Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by donkarly(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2019
Greatken007:
A man who has never held any political Office in the past is scared of EFCC, does that really correlate. Ifeanyi Ubah's sincerity earned him what he got today. It is even an insult to expect him to lose Anambra South senatorial district to those two brothers from Uga ,he is from Nnewi and the bulk votes he got there is a proof of love his people have for him. He also won major towns in Aguata the LGA of the two brothers.

You're funny,sincerity in politics or in business? I'm not saying that people don't love him, but he got that number of votes because the people of anambra south were tired of Andy ubah and his brothers who have taken the position as their birthright with nothing to show for it. Let him try porting to apc n see if he'll not regret it
Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by Udopasa: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2019
Ifeanyi Ubah just made the right decision. And as for leaving YPP for any other party, I think it will be very unwise as YPP even stand a better chance of winning the gubernatorial contest in Anambra should APGA, PDP and APC continue threading the path they're on now.

Ifeanyi Ubah is the capacity Senator that we know. We can only wish that Ohamadike Ndi Igbo will be there with him. Nevertheless, Ohamadike is coming.
Re: 9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah by poseidon12: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ifeanyi Ubah the fraudster. I expect him to defect to the APC soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers / We Are Taking Illorin And Offa With Us, North Dares Yoruba / 'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.