Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For (650 Views)

Mcb Microbiology Hnd Direct Entry To Mbbs Or Mls / Should I Apply For Medicine Considering My Age? / Chrisland Students Are Depressed Because Of Mass Failure In Mcb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by luemz(m): 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Good evening esteemed Nairalanders, I sincerely need the opinions and possible suggestions of we all to assist me in making better decision in my life and career. I've always wanted to study medicine and surgery but couldn't secure an admission through jamb so I did pre degree and got microbiology. I'd be 23 by July and I recently graduated with a first-class in microbiology and also doubled as the best graduating student of my class. the issue here is I've still got this strong zeal and passion to do medicine (now preferably outside Nigeria) but due to lack of funds (lost my sponsor in my 3rd year), the possibility of me going to do medicine still seem like a mirage for now. I suspect I may be retained to lecture because of my record-breaking performance, but I don't really fancy full-time lecturing as a career for me. please is there any full scholarship anyone can possibly recommend I apply for with my results that'd enable me achieve my dream of becoming a medical doctor? because that's where I think I'd find true happiness (aside volunteering with some NGOs) or should I further in masters and PhD? and just start working?

thanks in anticipation..

mods please help me push to front page.
lalasticlala
Re: Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by generationz(f): 12:22am On Jun 09, 2019
With the economic situation in Nigeria, I'll advice you to leverage on your first class degree while its still fresh and you are still young.

There is no guarantee that if you study medicine you would be happy not because you lack the passion but because the Medicine isn't what it used to be like. Many doctors are migrating out of the country.

Besides, money is a very important factor you'll need to achieve your dream. Medicine isn't like other courses you can work and study conveniently. You'll have to be 100% focused.

Except you can get full schorlarship outside Nigeria , just use your first class degree while its still hotcake.

1 Like

Re: Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by Bizlifelines201: 12:25am On Jun 09, 2019
luemz:
Good evening esteemed Nairalanders, I sincerely need the opinions and possible suggestions of we all to assist me in making better decision in my life and career. I've always wanted to study medicine and surgery but couldn't secure an admission through jamb so I did pre degree and got microbiology. I'd be 23 by July and I recently graduated with a first-class in microbiology and also doubled as the best graduating student of my class. the issue here is I've still got this strong zeal and passion to do medicine (now preferably outside Nigeria) but due to lack of funds (lost my sponsor in my 3rd year), the possibility of me going to do medicine still seem like a mirage for now. I suspect I may be retained to lecture because of my record-breaking performance, but I don't really fancy full-time lecturing as a career for me. please is there any full scholarship anyone can possibly recommend I apply for with my results that'd enable me achieve my dream of becoming a medical doctor? because that's where I think I'd find true happiness (aside volunteering with some NGOs) or should I further in masters and PhD? and just start working?

thanks in anticipation..
Apply for direct entry and while processing the admission, work and save up funds for the take off, while on campus give tutorials and apply for scholarship and/or bursary from your state.

1 Like

Re: Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by luemz(m): 1:37am On Jun 09, 2019
generationz:
With the economic situation in Nigeria, I'll advice you to leverage on your first class degree while its still fresh and you are still young.

There is no guarantee that if you study medicine you would be happy not because you lack the passion but because the Medicine isn't what it used to be like. Many doctors are migrating out of the country.

Besides, money is a very important factor you'll need to achieve your dream. Medicine isn't like other courses you can work and study conveniently. You'll have to be 100% focused.

Except you can get full schorlarship outside Nigeria , just use your first class degree while its still hotcake.

thank you very much. well noted
Re: Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by luemz(m): 1:38am On Jun 09, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

Apply for direct entry and while processing the admission, work and save up funds for the take off, while on campus give tutorials and apply for scholarship and/or bursary from your state.

great insight. thank you
Re: Had First-class In MCB But Want Medicine. Pls Which Scholarship Can I Apply For by Hahjascho(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
luemz:

thanks in anticipation..
..hello bro, I'm almost in similar situations as yours....hi me on WhatsApp pls as I'm not so conversant with Nairaland these days.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent : Quantitative And Verbal Reasoning Gurus Needed / Just In: Ekiti State Announces Date For Schools Reopening / My First Mistake In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.