Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life (519 Views)

History Of Abacha’s Theft Is Being Rewritten Before Our Eyes By Farooq Kperogi / Nigerians Challenge FG To Name Beneficiaries Of Abacha Looted Funds / The True Story About General Sanni Abacha Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by Anjoaderim(m): 12:14am On Jun 09, 2019
OF ABACHA'S DEATH AND THE MOST MEMORABLE BEATING OF MY LIFE By Anjorin Adeyemi

Since General Sanni Abacha has been so "generous" in sending us alerts even from the grave, may I also on this 21st anniversary appreciate him for leaving me a memorabilia on the date of his demise.

It was around evening in the Gaa-Akanbi area of Ilorin, somewhere on that Omosebi Hospital road linking Gaa-Akanbi and Ajase-Ipo road. I was just returning from lesson with Iyanuoluwa Ebenezer Adimula, only to see mammoth crowd jubilating from a far distance.

The spirit of beating kept giving me a Macedonian call. I obliged. Before I could remember my surname, I was already in their midst dancing and jubilating. Brethren, I had never seen such jubilation in my life. 21 years after, I can still sing those songs so well.

I joined them at Woye Bread, then we proceeded to Challenge through Sabo-Oke. The crowd only grew larger and larger. Different groups with different songs. Some with symbolic caskets, some with goats tied. It was too much fun to the very naive me.

Coincidentally, when we got to Taiwo road, I met my immediate elder brother Michael who had also been in another camp in the crowd. Omo the joy was unlimited. Aluta continua so did both of us also continue.

Checking the time, it was already 12am. Then out of nowhere, police came to disperse us with tear gas in front of the Amusement park. My Dad's welding shop was close to that place, and having been so used to area, navigating the shortcuts was just way too easy. To cut the long story short, we came out somewhere opposite A-Division through Coca-Cola road.

By the time we were approaching home brethren, the streets were absolutely deserted. Total blackout in those 1998 days of Ilorin. Just then, the unexpected happened. We met our Dad who had been looking for two of his children and was on his way to A-Division to report the case.

Brethren, at home that day, all I still remember is that he just kept the big chair behind the door...0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by marriseller: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2019
grin
Re: Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by dawnomike(m): 2:08am On Jun 09, 2019
What a day!!!
Re: Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by spinna: 4:37am On Jun 09, 2019
lol i can imagine ...Kiloshele? Abasha ti ku

When the wicked ruler dies the people rejoice
Re: Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by grandstar(m): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2019
You're a funny man. That was my service year and was working in my dad's office. I'm not even the type to stay out. Most often I'm back before 9pm.

1 Like

Re: Of Abacha's Death And The Most Memorable Beating Of My Life by striker07(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
I was in SS1 then,I remembered how happy people felt on hearing the news

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Six Members Of Imo State House Of Assembly From AA,APGA Defects To PDP / Breaking: Lawan Wins / No immediate plan to ban Almajiri system of education - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.