Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav (10262 Views)

Amnesty’s Support For IPOB, Militants Suspicious, Says Tsav / Gunmen Storm Tsav Stephen's House Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Tsav, Others Accuse Obasanjo, INEC Officials Of Conspiracy To Rig Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
weyreypey:
WE ARE TIRED OF NIGERIA AS IT IS....IS IT BY FORCE.... LEAVE US WITH STATE POLICE FUNDING OGA ADE

Sorry o!...and I am not Yoruba, Ibo , Hausa or Fulani.

The funny thing is that you people will cry corruption when the high tax bill comes in.

Have fun.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by poseidon12: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
Stupid man, what you are saying about the State Governors also applies to the President. There is no guarantee of tenure for an IG of Police that fails to carry out an illegal order from a President. We saw how Buhari used the Police and the Army to snatch ballot boxes in the last election.
There should be laws put in place to guarantee tenure for the heads of State Police. The State Governors should not be able to fire the Police Chief except he goes to the State Assembly to get two-third majority support. Same should apply to the Presidency and IG of Police.
The benefits of having State and Local Government Police far outweigh the disadvantages.
Without State Police, we can never handle security challenges in this country.
I believe that Buhari will never support the establishment of State Police because that will hamper his Fulanization and Islamization agenda.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Ryan03(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Cos it won't favour Fulanis and their killings business.

Cos it would mean all the CPs would be indigenes of same state they serve. This will make poverty stricken northern states to have all the current CPs of rich southern states by force

That would end fulani herdsmen and their menaces within few days cos boys would be protecting their father's land with full government guns as local police.
Dont also Forget that police work on instruction. Sitting governors will do too much evil with it, its good but we are not ready for it with our political state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
OGA GET LOST.... I AM WILLING TO DONATE HALF OF MY INCOME TO FUND STATE AND LOCAL GOVT POLICE.... IN FACT THE FGN SHOULD HAVE NO HAND IN STATE AND LG POLICE FUNDING

tactius:

Sorry o!...and I am not Yoruba, Ibo , Hausa or Fulani.

The funny thing is that you people will cry corruption when the high tax bill comes in.

Have fun.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
weyreypey:
OGA GET LOST.... I AM WILLING TO DONATE HALF OF MY INCOME TO FUND STATE AND LOCAL GOVT POLICE.... IN FACT THE FGN SHOULD HAVE NO HAND IN STATE AND LG POLICE FUNDING

grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by poseidon12: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Cos it won't favour Fulanis and their killings business.

Cos it would mean all the CPs would be indigenes of same state they serve. This will make poverty stricken northern states to have all the current CPs of rich southern states by force

That would end fulani herdsmen and their menaces within few days cos boys would be protecting their father's land with full government guns as local police.

Exactly. That is why this fool called Abubakar Tsav is against State Police.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2019
WEE YOU SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH!!

NIGERIA IS ON THE VERGE OF A CIVIL WAR AND YOU ARE HERE YARNING NONSENSE FROM THE COMFORT OF UR 2 AND A HALF HOSTEL BUNK?

Ryan03:
Dont also Forget that police work on instruction. Sitting governors will do too much evil with it, its good but we are not ready for it with our political state

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Ryan03(f): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
poseidon12:
Stupid man, what you are saying about the State Governors also applies to the President. There is no guarantee of tenure for an IG of Police that fails to carry out an illegal order from a President. We saw how Buhari used the Police and the Army to snatch ballot boxes in the last election.
There should be laws put in place to guarantee tenure for the heads of State Police. The State Governors should not be able to fire the Police Chief except he goes to the State Assembly to get two-third majority support. Same should apply to the Presidency and IG of Police.
The benefits of having State and Local Government Police far outweigh the disadvantages.
I believe that Buhari will never support the establishment of State Police because that will hamper his Fulanization and Islamization agenda.
You kind of made sense but its not enough to call the man stupid. laws need to be put in place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by poseidon12: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

And can the federal police go against the federal government?

Efcc today is Buhari lap dog

Don't mind him.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
TSAV IS BEING VERY STUPID

Ryan03:
You kind of made sense but its not enough to call the man stupid. laws need to be put in place
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by TooMuchStuff: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
etrouble:

This hatred for other tribes which your grandfathers planted in you is the reason why you are sad, angry, bitter, miserable and depressed. Free your mind, stop hatred for other tribes. Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Kanuris do not hate or like you. To us, you are nonexistent and inconsequential.

Parasitism is not good for you!
We want true fiscal federalism where Parasites would know their status

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Ryan03(f): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
weyreypey:
WEE YOU SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH!!

NIGERIA IS ON THE VERGE OF A CIVIL WAR AND YOU ARE HERE YARNING NONSENSE FROM THE COMFORT OF UR 2 AND A HALF HOSTEL BUNK?

Its obvious everything have to be reduced to insults with you. Sorry kid, i'm not interested
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
LOG OUT SONNY, YOU ARE LUCKY THIS IS AN ONLINE DISCUSS

Ryan03:
Its obvious everything have to be reduced to insults with you. Sorry kid, i'm not interested
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by 989900: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
Governors are just going to abuse it.

Let's wait till we are matured enough for it.

There are other alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by rlcanon: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
GENTLE MEN AND LADIES,

AM SEEKING TO HIRE SOUND CONDITION 33,000 LITRES OIL CHEMICAL TRUCKS, 6-UNITS TO CARRY SODIUM SILICATE FROM AGBARA TO IBADAN.

2 TRUCKS DAILY X 30 DAYS.URGENT REQUEST.

IF YOU HAVE IT CALL 07080763125
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by drololaaof: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
State police ko ,state police ni, what happen 1963- 1966 the atrocities the state and local police were put to use by politician ,you will run away from it's creation. Political class in Nigeria are not mature for that now
-
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
WAIT TILL UR FULANI JIHADISTS TAKE OVER THE SOUTH YOU MEAN?

989900:
Governors are just going to abuse it.

Let's wait till we are matured enough for it.

There are other alternatives.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by weyreypey: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
NUREY
rlcanon:

GENTLE MEN AND LADIES,

AM SEEKING TO HIRE SOUND CONDITION 33,000 LITRES OIL CHEMICAL TRUCKS, 6-UNITS TO CARRY SODIUM SILICATE FROM AGBARA TO IBADAN.

2 TRUCKS DAILY X 30 DAYS.URGENT REQUEST.

IF YOU HAVE IT CALL 07080763125
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Westsida: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
We need Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen to slaughter more people..

We need bandits and kidnappers to do the bidding of Buhari

We therefore say no to state police..

Federal government police under Buhari is the best..
Who would say we have a security problem in the country today... Everywhere is secured

Sai barber

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Westsida: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
poseidon12:
[/s]
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by fineboynl(m): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
grin angry he said Nigerians are not civilized yet. if at this point Nigerians are not civilized it only means one things. and that is Nigerians will never be civilized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2019
My last comment about state police, and then I'm off this thread.

A lot of people here seem to think that state police will somehow magically deal with the Fulani herdsmen crisis. Well, first off the crisis is caused by a variety of factors, and setting up a state police is just one of the factors you will need to sort out the issue. It cannot be used in isolation.

Then as I have stated earlier, the funding. OK...you have to fund a decent forensic laboratory. You also have to fund materials to collect foreisnic evideince,materials to secure crime scenes, vehicles , training facilites (which have to include stuff like bomb disposal, bush fightng, etc), good surveillance equipment, etc. All that cost money

And that means raised taxes...because apart from oil producing states, (and Lagos) most states cannot fund a state police. Most states cannot even pay salaries regularly , and it is state police them go fund?

Then there is salaries, and living condition of the polcie force...that's another budget on its own. Are you going to pay a constable N50000 monthly?

The budget of the New York Police department (yes, I am going to use the NYPD...because Nigerians seem to admire trump, therefore )...is $5.6bILLION....that's 1,716,120,000,000 naira. I doubt most states have that money lying around annually.

The problem with Nigeria is that when there is a problem, we create new bodies to deal with it. Too many road accidents...created FRSC. Too much corruption...EFCC. (We have a Special Fraud Unit in the Police by the way, sports fans). At the end of the day...we still have accidents, we still have corruption, even in this APC chanji dispensation(with the funny handing over of a certian Senator's case as a goof example). and we have duplication.

One more thing...the reason why we have herdsmen issues is because Nigerians don't trust their police force at all. A farmer's land is ravaged by cows...he kills fulani cows in revenge. The fulani man is looking for revenge...he calls the brothers, they attack. Someone is kidnapped...we start negotiating (even with the prescence of units in the Police like IRT that are supposed to deal with such things)...and so on.

Because we don;t trust the police, we take the law into our hands. Herdsman, farmer (yes, farmers...the Press does not report outrages done to herdsmen...and no my saying that does not mean I defend or support herdsmen attacks...if your cow is stolen, call the police., not the thugs)..and that is why we have so much insecurity int his country.

We also curse the police, hide criminals from them, and support criminals in the open and in private. And you expect police to be able to do ther work, when, for example they were prevented from arresting a miscreant who beat up an inncoent citizen (yes, actually happened some years ago, in Kano). We magnify the activites of bad polciemen, and even bring tribe and religion into it. And we support politicans who loot money that insome instances was meant for the Police.

Yes, there are corrupt policemen. Yes, there is nepotisim, oppresive behaviour and so on among the police. And yes, we do not trust the police because they are descended from the armed groups the colonialists used to opress us. But what is needed is reform among Nigerians and their polcie force, and an end to the defence of evil among Nigerians...and their police.

Because creating a state police is not going to solve anything. Infact, in ten years, we will still be complaining and cursing them. And preventing them from doing their job.

Thank you and good night.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Pauladex(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
In other words, thousands may die so that political opponents will not be oppressed. What a silly point of view from brainless Ex CP
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Truthisit: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2019
Abubakar Tsav was the IGP under Abatcha. He does the bidding of the Hausa-Fulani any day. Well, Nigeria would be ripe enough after Benue has been conquered and depopulated.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by bluefilm: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
Same excuse all the time.

How do we become civilized enough for state police if not by practising on how to become civilized for state police?

Nonsense people everywhere!!!
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
When are we going to be ripe for it. These old men are taking us far back to the 70s.

We are not ripe for electronic voting...
We are not ripe for state police...

What are we ripe for?
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by babapressy(m): 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by TruthinAction: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2019
tactius:

Yes, state police...until we come to the matter of funding.

How many states are paying salary on a regular basis, talkless of being able to equip any police force to a point that it would be able to stand against armed herdsmen....OR EVEN armed robbers self?

Unless you want a police force made up of people holding sticks who will confront AK-47 wielding herdsmen, forget state police for now. Put pressure on your government to plan better, among other things.

Let us be honest...no state can fund state police. If Federal government is finding it diffiicult to adequately fund Nigeria police how much more states??

No money but the governors are there looting billions. It's corruption that is eating us. There is enough money to fund whatever. We just have to set our priorities right. The governors of the South South shouldn't think they will escape if the Jihad starts. For now, it's the only option. We can't be living daily in the fear of the known and unknown. The body language is very clear. The evil agenda is real. The earlier we get ready, the better for us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by NSK4U(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
etrouble:

This hatred for other tribes which your grandfathers planted in you is the reason why you are sad, angry, bitter, miserable and depressed. Free your mind, stop hatred for other tribes. Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Kanuris do not hate or like you. To us, you are nonexistent and inconsequential.

shut up and stop ranting like a fool over his wise contribution.

morons like u will leave logic in one's comment to pursue shadows, go for surgical brain reset please.
Re: Why Nigeria can’t have state police now – Ex-CP, Tsav by 989900: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2019
tactius:
My last comment about state police, and then I'm off this thread.

A lot of people here seem to think that state police will somehow magically deal with the Fulani herdsmen crisis. Well, first off the crisis is caused by a variety of factors, and setting up a state police is just one of the factors you will need to sort out the issue. It cannot be used in isolation.

Then as I have stated earlier, the funding. OK...you have to fund a decent forensic laboratory. You also have to fund materials to collect foreisnic evideince,materials to secure crime scenes, vehicles , training facilites (which have to include stuff like bomb disposal, bush fightng, etc), good surveillance equipment, etc. All that cost money

And that means raised taxes...because apart from oil producing states, (and Lagos) most states cannot fund a state police. Most states cannot even pay salaries regularly , and it is state police them go fund?

Then there is salaries, and living condition of the polcie force...that's another budget on its own. Are you going to pay a constable N50000 monthly?

The budget of the New York Police department (yes, I am going to use the NYPD...because Nigerians seem to admire trump, therefore )...is $5.6bILLION....that's 1,716,120,000,000 naira. I doubt most states have that money lying around annually.

The problem with Nigeria is that when there is a problem, we create new bodies to deal with it. Too many road accidents...created FRSC. Too much corruption...EFCC. (We have a Special Fraud Unit in the Police by the way, sports fans). At the end of the day...we still have accidents, we still have corruption, even in this APC chanji dispensation(with the funny handing over of a certian Senator's case as a goof example). and we have duplication.

One more thing...the reason why we have herdsmen issues is because Nigerians don't trust their police force at all. A farmer's land is ravaged by cows...he kills fulani cows in revenge. The fulani man is looking for revenge...he calls the brothers, they attack. Someone is kidnapped...we start negotiating (even with the prescence of units in the Police like IRT that are supposed to deal with such things)...and so on.

Because we don;t trust the police, we take the law into our hands. Herdsman, farmer (yes, farmers...the Press does not report outrages done to herdsmen...and no my saying that does not mean I defend or support herdsmen attacks...if your cow is stolen, call the police., not the thugs)..and that is why we have so much insecurity int his country.

We also curse the police, hide criminals from them, and support criminals in the open and in private. And you expect police to be able to do ther work, when, for example they were prevented from arresting a miscreant who beat up an inncoent citizen (yes, actually happened some years ago, in Kano). We magnify the activites of bad polciemen, and even bring tribe and religion into it. And we support politicans who loot money that insome instances was meant for the Police.

Yes, there are corrupt policemen. Yes, there is nepotisim, oppresive behaviour and so on among the police. And yes, we do not trust the police because they are descended from the armed groups the colonialists used to opress us. But what is needed is reform among Nigerians and their polcie force, and an end to the defence of evil among Nigerians...and their police.

Because creating a state police is not going to solve anything. Infact, in ten years, we will still be complaining and cursing them. And preventing them from doing their job.

Thank you and good night.

Check. #onpoint

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore, Jalingo: SERAP Writes NJC, Seeks Directives On Citizens’ Rights / Gbajabiamila Floors Past Parliamentary Heads To Emerge Legislative Personality / Distribution Of FG Palliative In Anambra: We're Watching You —group Tells Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.