Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Zebra's Puzzle - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Zebra's Puzzle (334 Views)

Mathematical Puzzle. Find The Missing Number / Can You Unravel The Number? (puzzle) / Kimbat Nairaland Math Puzzle: Winner Gets A Cash Prize of N10000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Zebra's Puzzle by Brukx(m): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
This is the Zebra's Puzzle. Most logical challenge I have ever encountered. Some call it the Einstein's puzzle but there is no proof that Einstein actually pioneered the publishing of this brain exercise. Have fun figuring it out. The solution is on wiki

1.There are five houses.

2.The Englishman lives in the red house.

3.The Spaniard owns the dog.

4.Coffee is drunk in the green house.

5.The Ukrainian drinks tea.

6.The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house.

7.The Old Gold smoker owns snails.

8.Kools are smoked in the yellow house.

9.Milk is drunk in the middle house.

10.The Norwegian lives in the first house.

11.The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.

12.Kools are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.

13.The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.

14.The Japanese smokes Parliaments.

15.The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

Now, who drinks water? Who owns the zebra?

In the interest of clarity, it must be added that each of the five houses is painted a different color, and their inhabitants are of different national extractions, own different pets, drink different beverages and smoke different brands of American cigarets .

One other thing: in statement 6, right means your right
Re: The Zebra's Puzzle by Brukx(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
dej4tu
Re: The Zebra's Puzzle by Kanoute(m): 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
grin
Re: The Zebra's Puzzle by dejt4u(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
Brukx:
dej4tu
present...
I've solved the puzzle before.. some details has been changed though.. I will post my answer soon
Re: The Zebra's Puzzle by dejt4u(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
Brukx:
This is the Zebra's Puzzle. Most logical challenge I have ever encountered. Some call it the Einstein's puzzle but there is no proof that Einstein actually pioneered the publishing of this brain exercise. Have fun figuring it out. The solution is on wiki

1.There are five houses.

2.The Englishman lives in the red house.

3.The Spaniard owns the dog.

4.Coffee is drunk in the green house.

5.The Ukrainian drinks tea.

6.The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house.

7.The Old Gold smoker owns snails.

8.Kools are smoked in the yellow house.

9.Milk is drunk in the middle house.

10.The Norwegian lives in the first house.

11.The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.

12.Kools are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.

13.The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.

14.The Japanese smokes Parliaments.

15.The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

Now, who drinks water? Who owns the zebra?

In the interest of clarity, it must be added that each of the five houses is painted a different color, and their inhabitants are of different national extractions, own different pets, drink different beverages and smoke different brands of American cigarets .

One other thing: in statement 6, right means your right
Norwegian drinks water and Japanese owns the zebra if I'm not mistaken
Re: The Zebra's Puzzle by Brukx(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
dejt4u:

Norwegian drinks water and Japanese owns the zebra if I'm not mistaken
100% correct. There are 2 possible solutions though

(1) (Reply)

THE INTRODUCTION OF HISTORY AS A SUBJECT IN SCHOOLS; BEYOND THE NEWS DIRECTIVE / Discuss Thee Slogan In Line With Academic Field. He Who Fails To Plan Plans To F / What Is The Best Home Remedy For Psoriasis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.