Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP (2661 Views)

2023: Why We're Supporting Governor Udom To Succeed Buhari / Ike Ekweremadu for Governor 2031 / Oshi Commends Ike Ekweremadu For Sticking By The PDP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Ebullience(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State has said that the party is still in support of the aspiration of the incumbent Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, to retain his seat when the 9th National Assembly will be proclaimed on Tuesday.

The party said there was a secret agenda, as far as the leadership of the 9th NASS was concerned which it would unleash on the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) when the parliament is inaugurated.

Youth Leader of the party in Enugu State, Patrick Nwoko, who made this known during a chat with newsmen in Asaba, Delta State, enroute Abuja, said the PDP was monitoring the political calculations of the APC with a view to taking the ruling party unawares.

He said Ekweremadu remained the preferred candidate of the entire South-East for the exalted of Deputy Senate President, describing the incumbent as an illustrious son of Enugu State who will always enjoy the support of his people.

“Categorically, Ekweremadu is in contention for the DSP. We have a secret agenda which we will unleash on the eve of Tuesday because of the incumbent. We are working, the PDP governors are working, and by Monday night, you would have known our decision.

“Ekweremadu is our illustrious son who is a political bulldozer. We are happy to have him in Enugu State, and we are still giving him our support; but as you know, we are in the opposition. So we are very sensitive in calculating the political gimmick of the APC.

“Not that we have relented in being DSP, not at all, we are highly interested, but if you watch carefully the political happenings, you will see that the PDP is so silent in most actions as they affect the leadership of the 9th NASS, because we are watching and calculating.

“In Enugu State, we can never joke with Ekweremadu; he has done so well; he has protected PDP; he has withstood a lot of challenges in the political circle. So we are proud and we are still giving him our support; the only thing is that we are being marginalised as Igbo.

“We are also working with our brothers from the APC to have a substantive position in the leadership of NASS. The Igbo are coming together. There is no way the PDP will support APC candidate but it is all a political game,” Nwoko said.

http://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/we-re-supporting-ekweremadu-for-dsp-pdp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2019
This is pure madness.

Ekweremmadu should go and rest.

Forget about SE, what has his 8 years as DSP attracted for his Enugu people. Airport Dem no get na even downgrade Dem want do am.

Ekweremmadu is a liability, he is corrupt and have criminal charges against hm.

He has bloody criminal tendencies, let him go home and rest.

What rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by dukie25: 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
Osagyefo98:
This is pure madness.

Forget about SE, what has his 8 years as DSP attracted for his Enugu people. Airport Dem no get na even downgrade Dem want do am.

What rubbish.
[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
dukie25:
[s][/s]
If you have life, then start thing this Taraba boy.

2 Likes

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by vhykeeytor(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ekweremadu again! Who is going to take over the position of David Mark ( Minority Sleeping Senate Leader).

In another news, I heard all APC lawmakers should converge @ ICC abuja, on the day of the house leadership election. This is in solidarity for Ahmed Lawan.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by jabor4Naija(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
If apc gets d senate presidency seat cos they are d majority in d house dat is fine by me but for dem to get d deputy senate presidency seat is just unacceptable, i just hope pdp has an ace up their sleeves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
With the achievements of dsp

Also a true bonafide Nigeria

I support

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
jabor4Naija:
If apc gets d senate presidency seat cos they are d majority in d house dat is fine by me but for dem to get d deputy senate presidency seat is just unacceptable, i just hope pdp has an ace up their sleeves

I am I deal situation

Apc gets all

But at this time

With dsp qualities and qualifications in the house

I think the senate , executive and Nigeria needs his experience

2 Likes

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by dukie25: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2019
[s]
Osagyefo98:

If you have life, then start thing this Taraba boy.
[/s]
Get someone to translate the above to meaningfull English.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:
This is pure madness.

What rubbish.

All Nigeria politicians are corrupt

But his experience will do the senate a great favor

Let’s shun party politics when it comes to moving forward

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by dukie25: 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
sarrki:

I am I deal situation

Apc gets all

But at this time

I think I agree with you on this one. Nigeria needs Ekweremadu.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
sarrki:

Others have same experience, aside ovie or ouk.

1 Like

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
dukie25:

I think I agree with you on this one. Nigeria needs Ekweremadu.
Na ur Papa and ur people need am not others.

2 Likes

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Others have same experience, aside ovie or ouk.

Kalu have a case with EFCC

Omo Agege is a little bit controversial

I think it will do well to give dsp

He knows his onion

Seriously I like the way he managed the house in the absence of that guy called saraki

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Damsyjay(m): 11:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
sarrki:

it is now that you want to shun party politics abi.. Wen pdp were holding all the positions in the house during their reign, you did not talk about shuning party politics ooo.. Yeye dey smell

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by haffaze777(m): 12:27am On Jun 10, 2019
DSP koo PSP nii,Ekweremadu and PDP should go and sit down,even minority leader should be APC member if possible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Max8: 6:03am On Jun 10, 2019
Mad senseless party called PDP, so DSP don become Ekweremadu,s birth right abi, there is no other candidate in the Senate fit for the position?yeye party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by helinues: 6:09am On Jun 10, 2019
Even Ike denied of having interest in Dsp

Pdp only trying to be relevant
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Amuocha: 6:21am On Jun 10, 2019
Great
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Melison(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2019
Make all of una just go house go sleep
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 10, 2019
jabor4Naija:

Are some of you sensible or politically aware at all? When, in the 16 year rule of the PDP, did the NASS host an opposition deputy Senate President? Was it not always PDP Senate President and deputy? Abeg go and sit down. It will be APC Senate President and deputy. If you don't like it then move to Cameroon.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by jabor4Naija(m): 8:04am On Jun 10, 2019
Oshigun:

Are some of you sensible or politically aware at all? When, in the 16 year rule of the PDP, did the NASS host an opposition deputy Senate President? Was it not always PDP Senate President and deputy? Abeg go and sit down. It will be APC Senate President and deputy. If you don't like it then move to Cameroon.
Oga dat is politically sensible i hail u o, i was just giving my opinion and if u don't like it to bad den.
P.S i'm not moving to cameroon but u can try to come and push me out
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by rusher14: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2019
sarrki:

I am I deal situation

Apc gets all

But at this time

For what?

Sarrki, no let me vex.

For 16 years, did PDP outsource any position to other parties?

1 Like

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by cyberguy72(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2019
Instead of that Mace thief or that corrupt Kalu to become d DSP I prefer a saintly and experienced Ekweremadu to retain his seat.
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by cyberguy72(m): 9:53am On Jun 10, 2019
Max8:
Mad senseless party called PDP, so DSP don become Ekweremadu,s birth right abi, there is no other candidate in the Senate fit for the position?yeye party
Name one dat can command respect like Ekweremadu
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by etrouble: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2019
Buhari already said that his 2nd term will be tough. If Ekeremadu plans to try any nonsense, he will be locked up by DSS like Sambo Dasuki and El-Zakzakky and the key to his prison room will be given to Tinubu to come and throw into Lagos Lagoon. Let's see how many Igbos will be ready to die for him.

2 Likes

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 11:16am On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

For what?

Sarrki, no let me vex.

For 16 years, did PDP outsource any position out to other parties?

Baba I just feel the guy make sense!!!
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by ogwanogwa: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2019
Osagyefo98:
This is pure madness.

What rubbish.

See how you're portraying your foolishness. Instead of keeping your lips closed, you're speaking in a matter u know nothing about. Ekweremadu will still emerge the DSP tomorrow and even APC knows that.
Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Prompto: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2019
This won’t happen not even on your life

ogwanogwa:

See how you're portraying your foolishness. Instead of keeping your lips closed, you're speaking in a matter u know nothing about. Ekweremadu will still emerge the DSP tomorrow and even APC knows that.

1 Like

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by rusher14: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2019
sarrki:

Baba I just feel the guy make sense!!!

If we are that desperate for someone from SE let's look for a young guy.

Oh wait...

1 Like

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 10, 2019
ogwanogwa:

What has he done been there over 8 years.

1 Like

Re: We're Supporting Ekweremadu For DSP - PDP by sarrki(m): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

If we are that desperate for someone from SE let's look for a young guy.

Oh wait...

A lot of game going on

To actualize this we must pay a price

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike: IPOB Members Killed Six Soldiers,four Policemen; / Arrested And Labeled an ESN Member In Orlu / Enugu, Taraba Anglican Bishops Laud Ugwuanyi’s Respect For God, Peace Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.