Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Is Naija @ 50 Worth Celebrating With Party Jamz & Drinks - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Naija @ 50 Worth Celebrating With Party Jamz & Drinks (842 Views)

Nigeria At 54th: Google.com Celebrating With Tribalistic & Hilarious Animation / 10 More Things From 1960 That Are Worth Celebrating In 2014 / Is Nigeria's 53rd Independence Worth Celebrating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Naija @ 50 Worth Celebrating With Party Jamz & Drinks by Amujo(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
It's a good thing that Nigeria clocks 50. But does it worth celebrating with party jamz, drinks and all that? ofcourse NO!!! I know some bad leaders will see this as as an opportunity. My Naija people this is the time to call ourselves to order both leaders and followers. This is a kind of vision that had been seen by som people like FELA ANIKULAPo and other Activist!!! Let's look at the past, the present, and the future. Is things getting better or worse?. For instance Fed Govt came up with the idea of spending a huge amount of money to print new N50 Note to celebrate Nigeria @ 50, also allocates some billions of Naira for Nigeria @ 50 parade & celebration. Ok, think of it if F.G. decide to use that money on Educating the Youths and DECLARE FREE EDUCATION FROM PRIMARY TO UNIVERSITY LEVEL FOR THE WHOLE YEAR 2010 alone or Promote a NIGERIA-MADE GOODS and sell it to Nigerians at a subsidy rate. This is what everybody can benefit from. To be constructive on this matter, I will suggest one of the ways forward out of these mess. That is USING WHAT WE HAVE TO GET WHAT WE WANT. What we have is our VOTE!!! it is our power, we have it to elect a capable leaders from LG to FG level. Therefore, Nigerians please dont seat on the fence on on-coming election, REGISTER, PARTICIPATE and CAST your VOTE to a CAPBLE LEADER. Arise O' compatriots!!! Arise Youths, dont be slumber. God Bless Me!!! God Bless Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Views On This Pls / Postment Of Resumption Date Of Shools By F.g. Good Or Bad? / Uk Work Permit Overstay For 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.