Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Azikiwe, Belewa And Co Were Just Selfish. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azikiwe, Belewa And Co Were Just Selfish. (505 Views)

Adeosun & Hameed-Ali Inspect New Technology For NCS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport / Never Dated Ex-president, Jonathan, We Were Just Close Friends - Diezani Madueke / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Azikiwe, Belewa And Co Were Just Selfish. by Brownteeth(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
I think the plot by our politicians to loot Nigeria dry was perfected before the independence in 1960. These politicians knew that the colonial masters were a hindrance to their quest to control the nation's resources and enriched themselves and therefore used independence as a means to achieve it. These guys knew that they weren't ready to govern Nigeria themselves, but they still pushed ahead with the independence cos their sole aim was just to have easy and free access to the nations treasury. If actually their intention was to develop the country they would have allowed the colonial masters more time to school them more and tighten some loose bolt properly before talking about independence. That strive for independence was just a rush to kick start the ''chop I chop'' system in motion. That's what I think.

(1) (Reply)

MEND Is Not Responsible For The Blast - Henry Okah / Time For A Female President In Nigeria? / Is The Nigerian Embassy Defrauding Me Or Is The Fee Legal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.