Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,822 members, 7,959,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student (51470 Views)

Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested / Plateau Assembly: Names Of 6 Suspended Lawmakers As Majority Back Nuhu Abok / Nuhu Abok Holds Plenary Outside Plateau Assembly Complex, Suspends 6 Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by bellachibaby(f): 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
The ninth Plateau State House of Assembly has elected Hon. Abok Ayuba, a 33-year-old 500-level student of Law at the University of Jos, as its speaker.

Ayuba was elected on Monday at the Assembly’s inaugural sitting.

The newly-elected Speaker, who represents Jos East constituency, was unanimously elected by members without subjecting it through electoral process.

The election followed a nomination by the member representing Jos North-North constituency, Hon. Ibrahim Baba-Hassan, and was seconded by member representing Jos North-West constituency, Hon. Esther Simi Dusu.

Similarly, the Assembly re-elected the immediate past deputy, Hon. Salleh Yipmong, representing Dengi constituency as its Deputy Speaker.

In his acceptance speech, the newly-elected Speaker thanked his colleagues for the confidence reposed on him and promised not to fail them.

Ayuba assured fellow members that his leadership will not discriminate based on tribe, religious, gender or political affiliations.

“As speaker of this noble assembly, I promise to serve with the fear of God, trust and humility,” he stressed.

Get more here https://thickmatch.com/plateau-9th-assembly-elects-33-year-old-final-year-student-speaker/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Realist5: 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Not too young to loot.

All of you that quotes me should have a flashback of how you all praised Yahaya Bello of Kogi state. How has he improved the standard of living in the state as one of the youngest Governor in Nigeria? Other young men and women abounds in Nigerian politics with the hope of being youth and will make a better change we all crave for...and where is the result?

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Racoon(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nice development.Hope his coming will lead to vibrancy in the legislative duties of the state?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by bukkydare: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
nice
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by senatordave1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
Realist5:
Not too young to
Nice,the bill buhari signed is bearing good fruits.he's the 2nd youngest after oyo speaker

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Gsteve01(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
Not too young
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by VEE2010(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
We are gradually getting there! Congrats to the young man

3 Likes

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by kingzjay(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
I still believe....

The Nigeria of our dream could still happen. It is possible

2 Likes

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by baby124: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
I think we should start shaming any old baba that goes into politics. It’s the time of the youth! Our time is now and we must grab that power by force. These old people do not make up more than 10% of the population. But they use their expired thinking to mess up the country. OBJ and all his mates grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by dipopooo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Na wa ooo.... I'm older than this guy ooo.... Ordinary microphone I no be not to talk of speaker... God dey sha

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by bigdot1759(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Good development
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by GMan650(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Young people making exploits... Youths need to start participating ACTIVELY in politics so that The Revolution in our polity can come alive.
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by ud4u: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
Youth is gradually taking over, good development
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by NurseJP(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
That's a good development!
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by PS712: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
This is good!
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by benratigan3(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
swagg speaker
he's official picture be looking like album cover
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by lexy2014: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Nice,the bill buhari signed is bearing good fruits.he's the 2nd youngest after oyo speaker

U didn't give kudos 2 Saraki & his bad gang 4 initiating & passing d bill?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Opinedecandid(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Na im luck.
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by stormborn28(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Great one there

1 Like

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by BBYYOLA: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
Congratulations. Not Too Young To Run Law is gradually materialising.

Hope he lives up to expectations to showcase the potentials of Nigerian Youths in their readiness to lead.

I need to your prayers. I am warming up against 2023. May my dear dream come true.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Racoon(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
[s]
senatordave1:

[/s]
And what is the useless man still doing in government even shamelessly asking young people not to contest against him in 2019? Are you not ashame with such a man?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by DoTheNeedful: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
It's nice seeing the younger ones taking up leadership positions in the country. However, I don't see things changing. The mentality of materialism is so rampant among Nigerian youths. Many of these guys would wanna get thier own share too.

By the way, no be today youths dey dey government. At 33, Gowon was already leading Nigeria. What did Nigeria get from him? angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by theenchanter: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
Very soon.... it'll reach d federal level, then presidency.

1 Like

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by Earthquake2: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
baby124:
I think we should start shaming any old baba that goes into politics. It’s the time of the youth! Our time is now and we must grab that power by force. These old people do not make up more than 10% of the population. But they use their expired thinking to mess up the country. OBJ and all his mates grin

Obj and Buhari who is older?
Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by umarshehu58(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
I pray he shouldn't be as useless as Yahaya bello of kogi state

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student by MikeBetty(m): 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
ud4u:
Youth is gradually taking over, good development
Thank God For This Devt. I Pray Against YAHAYABELLOIC Spirit That Might Come To Attack This Vibrant Young Speaker, Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andy Uba Wins Anambra APC Primary Election / The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore: "Where Is President Elect Tinubu?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.