Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Help Spread The Word And Create A Better World For Our Kids - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Spread The Word And Create A Better World For Our Kids (238 Views)

Lagos Business School Ranked Among Top 40 On 2020 Better World MBA Ranking / Stop Saying ‘hello’ When Someone Calls You- See The Correct Word And 13 Others / Through Mathematics,let Create A Better World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Spread The Word And Create A Better World For Our Kids by austyn0(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
I sat today with a book titled “HOW TO GET WHAT YOU WANT” by Sidney Newton Bremer. It is not the first time I am reading this book neither is it the second or third, simply because the author made me realize in the Foreword and the contents that re-reading this book is just like feeding your body system daily for nourishment and I couldn’t agree more.

A particular page got me stuck with it for close to an hour, it reminded me of the major problem facing our society and brought back the pain I have always felt whenever I think of it and it is up to my jaw hence this piece.

At 25, I am yet to make my first million and not just that, I am yet to be financially stable and you have no idea how this saddens me.

I am yet to make my first million today because I am daft. I am daft today because I was taught to be daft. I was taught to be daft because the teachers that taught me were also taught to be daft and the daft circle continues.
For how long are we going to continue like this?

We keep chanting and calling for a better tomorrow but we are yet to take the necessary and very important steps today in preparation for that tomorrow.

Nobody “knows” without “learning” and that automatically means we need to learn the right things today for tomorrow to be right.

According to Newton Bremer, “Nowhere in the academic curriculums of our grammar schools, high schools, colleges or even our great universities, did we learn the fundamental principles of success in life. Nowhere were we taught how to use the tremendous untapped potential of the human mind”, and I couldn’t agree more.

For how long are we going to keep at just labelling Grasshoppers, Lizards and Crocodiles? How would just finding the coefficient of X in our classrooms lead us to realize our full potentials and make us build a better and greater world? This is so disheartening.

Today, I am clamouring for the real change. The educational system has always been the top source for spreading information and we need to utilize that opportunity to the fullest. We need to fill up that large hole in our educational system. I am calling on every school or tutoring centres to adopt a course of study related to inspiring and motivating our children. Be it Inspirational or motivational studies, whichever name you deem fit for it, every school must adopt a course and employ/recruit a certified and worthy inspirational/motivational tutor that will imbibe in the students, the true meaning of “SUCCESS” and how to acquire it.

I need this piece to be spread out, the only way we are going to meet a better tomorrow is if we tackle the tough today accurately. We are faced with trying times today because most of our students searched for Crocodiles and Grasshoppers to label after school and couldn’t find one. When there is no more teacher to supply sheets to find X on after school, the student turns a new direction and loses focus, that and stories like these breeds negativity in the society.
We have to change, I may not have much followers on my social media accounts but I will never stop clamouring for this particular change in our educational system. Schools should not just teach our kids Mathematics and English every day, motivational studies should be just as essential as these aforementioned studies for it will help nourish the mind of our kids right until they are fit to go out in the society and when they do, the one thing they will focus on is achieving success through realizing their full potentials. When this is adopted, there would definitely be reduced rate of unemployment and crime and we will get to see that better tomorrow we have always craved.

THANK YOU.

Cc. lalalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

An Amazing App And Platform That Connect Students From Several Schools, Download / I Need An Urgent Admission In China Or South Korea . / 2019/2020 University Of Ibadan Post Graduate Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.