Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri (1240 Views)

It Is Very Difficult To Determine Who Is A Minor By Appearance - Kano CP / APC & PDP Agents Coming Together To Search For Their Missing Labour Party Agent / Kwankwaso: it Will Be Very Difficult For Notherners To Vote Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by engreo(m): 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
The Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II on Friday played host to His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu State and other prominent Igbo leaders, who were at his Ile-Oodua palace, Ile Ife in the State of Osun on a royal homage.

Arole Oodua & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II and His Royal Highness, Igwe Cyprian Mmaduabuchi Nevobasi, Ezeani III of Mmaku, Enugu While welcoming the visiting Igbo monarch and his entourage, Ooni Ogunwusi who is a co-chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria(NCTRN) described the Yoruba people of South Western part of Nigeria and their Igbo counterpart in the South East as two inseparable African races who if well united as a family and with other tribes would form a formidable block as a catalyst towards building a unified Nigerian nation and the continent of Africa.

“We need to cement our togetherness in this country because without the coming together of the Igbo and the Yoruba natives, it will be very difficult for Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa to progress. We are the real embodiment of the black people and the continent of Africa is looking forward to us.

“Handshake across the Niger like this is very important because we belong to the same family, so we should not separate ourselves the more. Let us look into things that bind us together like our rich cultures and traditions.

“We want to tell you today that we are now directly associating from the Kingdom of Ife to the entire Mmakun Kingdom in Igboland and Your Royal Highness have cemented that good relationship with this visit.

“Once again, I appreciate your philanthropic and leadership works especially towards the poor, oppressed and the downtrodden in Enugu and beyond, since you ascended the throne of your forebears some 20 years ago. I am proud to associate with you after hearing so much about you and I am so happy that we eventually met. Ooni Ogunwusi said.

Earlier in his address, Igwe Cyprian Mmadubuchi who described the Ooni as a symbol of unity explained that he was thrilled by his navigation across Nigeria, provision of veritable road map for social integration, cultural inter-face, engagements and healing wounds.

“Your Imperial Majesty the Ooni, I commend your courage and candour for championing this strategic initiative on behalf of other traditional rulers. As I earlier said is because as custodian of tradition and culture of the people, we are expected to be in the vanguard of ensuring national unity and cohesion in the country”.

Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you.

“Infact, If we Africans were Catholic, you are the black Pope.” the Igbo monarch added Similarly,

Alaagba of Aagba in the State of Osun, Oba Rufus Ogunwole who was instrumental to the Igwe’s visit to Ile Ife, expressed his heartfelt joy over the history making day. He recalled that he secured Ooni’s permission to visit the Igwe when he was invited to visit the Enugu community in 2017, after which the relationship has been so cordial.

The event also witnessed various traditional performances from the Igbo dancers and their Yoruba counterparts as well as drummers among others. Thereafter, the Ooni offered prayers with the breaking of kola nuts and bitter colas which he said were first discovered in Ile-Ife.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/without-the-coming-together-of-igbo-yoruba-it-will-be-very-difficult-for-nigeria-to-progress-ooni/

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by choice17(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
The tribalism, nepotism, favouritism in our present day Nigeria is out of hand already

We have destroyed the little Unity remaining in us, by our hate speech, we all too divided for anything growth to happen

The damage the Yoruba's, Igbo's, and the Hausa's have caused eh, is beyond redemption. These three(3) tribes have tarnish the image of the few minorities

1 Like

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Unlimitk(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
choice17:
The tribalism, nepotism, favouritism in our present day Nigeria is out of hand already

We have destroyed the little Unity remaining in us, by our hate speech, we all too divided for anything growth to happen

The damage the Yoruba's, Igbo's, and the Hausa's have caused eh, is beyond redemption. These three(3) tribes have tarnish the image of the few minorities

Who is this minority

1 Like

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by etrouble: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Unlimitk:

Who is this minority

Why are you pained as a minority?
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Holamic: 5:17am On Jun 11, 2019
This is clear message to so called ipob or ipod... Open your head yoruba is not the promble we re the only tribe keeping this country together that why they see as the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by helinues: 5:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Sorry, it is too late
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 5:49am On Jun 11, 2019
better make Nigeria no work than to associate with demons from a useless worthless region undecided
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Bethel4Life(f): 5:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Holamic:
This is clear message to so called ipob or ipod... Open your head yoruba is not the promble we re the only tribe keeping this country together that why they see as the enemy.
u really have comprehension problems.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Bethel4Life(f): 5:59am On Jun 11, 2019
etrouble:

Why are you pained as a minority?
he ask u a very important question... Who are the minorities that their image have been tanished as alluded by ur earlier post?

2 Likes

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 11, 2019
True leaders with great wisdom... but Ganduje has shown they can be thrown out without batting an eyelid.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Holamic: 6:06am On Jun 11, 2019
Bethel4Life:
u really have comprehension problems.
Try and understand my view
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2019
These people are getting sense small to recognize they are not Jews. Im glad they know finally who to worship. Have they received instruction on how to prostrate yet?

Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you.

“Infact, If we Africans were Catholic, you are the black Pope.” the Igbo monarch added Similarly,
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 11, 2019
Na Igala dressing be this not igbos Biko.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 11, 2019
Imagine Nonsense, Enugu state and inferiority complex at worse, these guys are igalas not Igbos

Look at this rubbish

"Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you."

Tell me in God's name why a traditional ruler will make such trash statement, is this not same place Eze Nri from Anambra went that this one went there is placing his allegiance to ooni.

Seriously these guys keep disgracing us with their low self-esteem.

Rubbish.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by BuhariAdvocate: 6:29am On Jun 11, 2019
undecided
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Imagine Nonsense, Enugu state and inferiority complex at worse, these guys are igalas not Igbos

Look at this rubbish

"Igwe Cyprian stressed that, “I am loyal to your Imperial Majesty and I am here to assure you that you have found your missing ribs in the South East. I have seen with my eyes that you are a moving train, you have proven to our nation that you are a great leader we can trust and we are following you."

Tell me in God's name why a traditional ruler will make such trash statement, is this not same place Eze Nri from Anambra went that this one went there is placing his allegiance to ooni.

Rubbish.

Start learning how to prostrate to greet Ooni.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by mrvitalis(m): 6:30am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:
These people are getting sense small to recognize they are not Jews. Im glad they know finally who to worship. Have they received instruction on how to prostrate yet?

Lol understanding igbos would talk u guys 5000 years .....

For i mind u want igbos to bow for u ? ....the enugu man has been paid im very sure he is not even known in his local government

If u want igbo submission u must be more than a god even gods dont get that
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:30am On Jun 11, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Na Igala dressing be this not igbos Biko.

Igala was the colonizer. So he did right thing
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by BuhariAdvocate: 6:33am On Jun 11, 2019
cheesy grin the hate speech of Achebe left behind really working in your blood.
Juliusmalema:

Look at this rubbish

Rubbish.

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:35am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol understanding igbos would talk u guys 5000 years .....

For i mind u want igbos to bow for u ? ....the enugu man has been paid im very sure he is not even known in his local government

If u want igbo submission u must be more than a god even gods dont get that

Your king just pledge allegiance to Ooni.

Nobody need to understand you. You need to understand your Igwe and your Igwe need to understand his loyalty to Ife.

1 Like

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Igala was the colonizer. So he did right thing
None of my business if Igala colonize them.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
cheesy grin the hate speech of Achebe left behind really working in your blood.

Name one of your people that can match Achebe, then come back and take one bottle of Gulder.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:36am On Jun 11, 2019
Juliusmalema:

None of my business if Igala colonize them.

Lol... grin grin grin
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by QueenSekxy(f): 6:37am On Jun 11, 2019
No Igbo king in that picture.

They are imposters.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:38am On Jun 11, 2019
The Igwe did not mince words. He spoke as a matter of honesty.

Here is what he said to Kabiyesi....

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Start learning how to prostrate to greet Ooni.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
Even your ooni knows well what we can do and not do.
Go ask him and come back for proper briefing.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2019
QueenSekxy:

They are imposters.

grin grin grin

You go dey say Kaaabiyesi very soon. No worry darling.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

Even your ooni knows well what we can do and not do.

Go ask him and come back for proper briefing.

You are inconsequential where an Igwe Stands. Much more talking about your Igwe's superior in Ife Palace.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2019
QueenSekxy:

They are imposters.

Direct that to Enugu people because if actually you read the message, they said Igwe cyprian from Enugu state.

Rephrase
No Enugu King in that picture.
They are Impostors.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You are inconsequential where an Igwe Stands. Much more talking about your Igwe's superior in Ife Palace.

Maybe, the inconsequential state will be referred to king who visited.

Ooni is a political stool, her relevance ends in Ife and those pledges allegiance to them.

If actually you educated enough to assimilate.
Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by MetaPhysical: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Maybe, the inconsequential state will be referred to king who visited.

Ooni is a political stool, her relevance ends in Ife and those pledges allegiance to them.

If actually you educated enough to assimilate.

Here is your Anambra people on visit to Ife...an "homecoming".

In his speech titled, “Royal Handshake Across The Niger”, Eze Chukwuemeka Eri appreciated the roles played by the Ooni to open up the relationship between the Yoruba and Igbos.
“Thank you Imperial Majesty, we have been projecting this historical dimension, though not using your platform and since you have echoed same from different angle, there seems to be some kind of historical treasure hidden somewhere about the relationship between Yoruba and Igbo.
“One of the best ways to unravel this mystery is to encourage inter-ethnic visits especially during cultural activities,” he said.
The Eze Ndigbo of Ife, Ezekiel Onyejekwe while reacting, said the visit is a historic homecoming for the visiting Igbo monarch.
“The Ndigbo will fully support the Ooni of Ife in his peace and unity mission, irrespective of the hues and cries by the uninformed mischief makers who are mere attention seekers.”

Re: Without The Coming Together Of Igbo, Yoruba It Will Be Very Difficult For Nigeri by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Your king just pledge allegiance to Ooni.

Nobody need to understand you. You need to understand your Igwe and your Igwe need to understand his loyalty to Ife.

My king ? Lol u called him a king ......lol the reason igbos have kings is to not be left out of the money shared to kings in nigeria

That guy has no kingdom and cant even speak for his people let alone igbos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue: PDP Loses In Tribunal To APC As Court Strikes Out The Case / Prophesy Concerning Alhaji Abubakar, Senator Dino And COZA Pastor / Buratai Has Fled Nigeria Through Land Border Into Niger Republic- MNK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.