Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders (20007 Views)

INEC Gives Presidential Candidates One Week To Present Running Mates / Anambra APC Primaries: INEC Gives Its Report (Photos) / INEC Gives Update On 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Flashyoil1(f): 6:44am On Jun 11, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will meet on Tuesday, regarding judgments and orders from various Courts of Law on issuance of Certificates of Return.

Mr Festus Okoye, INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.

Okoye stated this while reacting to enquiry on the commission’s decision on a court order, directing it to issue Certificates of Return to a Senator and five House of Representatives members under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Bauchi State.

He said the commission was yet to take any decision regarding the judgement as its National Commissioners supervising state level review on the 2019 general elections just returned to Abuja.

“The Commission will meet tomorrow (Tuesday) regarding judgments and orders served on it from various Courts of Law.

“The Commission has not taken any decision relating to the matter you alluded to.

“The Commission may deal with all such issues and other pending ones tomorrow.

“National commissioners supervising State Level Review of the 2019 Elections returned to Abuja on Monday to clear all pending judgments and orders before heading back to their states of supervision,” Okoye said.

An FCT High Court on May 16 had ordered INEC to issue certificates of return to one Senator and five House of Representatives members elected under the platform the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Bauchi State, who came second in the affected elections.

The court on Friday refused to grant an application for Stay of Execution of its judgement, which nullified the election of the affected senatorial district and five Federal Constituencies under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bauchi state.

The FCT High Court, presided over by Justice Bello Kawu, rejected the application by the APC on stay of execution and ordered INEC to issue the PDP candidates with certificates of return.

The court had declared as null and void, the publication of the names of APC candidates as winners of the National Assembly election in the affected constituencies.

credit to dailypost

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/okorocha-inec-gives-update-court-orders/

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by seunak2016: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2019
it's ok

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Gsteve01(m): 6:51am On Jun 11, 2019
Abed shift make we see road. Do whatever you want

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Ewedegubbler: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2019
We have seen the betnaija guys, oya sex position guys over to you

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by princeSammyz: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2019
The commission should act in accordance with the report of the REC, and they should have done that already even before the court order. The cert of return should not be issued to him just like that as it will only serve as a very bad precedence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by sammyj: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2019
Lol
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by TooMuchStuff: 6:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Bla bla bla !

All na for NASS election of today.... So that the PDP guys don pull a surprise on BuhariApC as they did 4yrs ago.
As for okorocha certificate, BuhariApC have an agenda that exclude igbos totally for this 4yrs. A Sharia related agenda that won't favour Christians especially Igbos m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by SillyMods: 6:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Useless INEC working for PDP. If the judgement was in favour of one PDP senator, you will rush to issue the certificate. But since it's the other way round, you must review the order first.

I no blame una, Na Buhari I blame.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:53am On Jun 11, 2019
You can't get a result under duress and get quickly get certificate of return. Else, come 2023, every one will force his/her way to get declared.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Jasen1(m): 6:54am On Jun 11, 2019
So court give judgement
You want to review it to know if you will obey it or not

Issues him he's cert joor
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Amuocha: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2019
So 108 senators would vote
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Don't forget INEC has not issued certificate to one Bauchi PDP senator and 6 house of rep.
SillyMods:
Useless INEC working for PDP. If the judgement was in favour of one PDP senator, you will rush to issue the certificate. But since it's the other way round, you must review the order first.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Phygo(m): 6:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Nigeria is a big joke.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Jasen1(m): 6:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Amuocha:
So 108 senators would vote

Imagine make the 2 candidates get 54/54 each �

It sill be declared inconclusive

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Ayoefa: 6:56am On Jun 11, 2019
SillyMods:

Without a doubt, these guys are working for PDP. See how quickly they met on Zamfara but have yet to meet up on this issue.
I totally agree with you, Buhari is the reason for all these mess. This can NEVER happen under OBJ or any PDP government. The certificate will have been issued by force or fire since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by princeSammyz: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2019
SillyMods:

This is not about party but sanity. The returning officer said he was forced to announce the result and you think this is just about parties?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by SillyMods: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2019
moyinoluwabun:
Don't forget INEC has not issued certificate to one Bauchi PDP senator and 6 house of rep.
Has any competent court ordered INEC to issue them the certificate? If such judgement should be delivered today, I bet you that INEC will issue them the certificate tomorrow. Those INEC guys have been compromised by PDP big time.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by 2blessed01(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Pls We Dnt Need IBERIBERISM In D 9th Assembly Biko...
Dis Govt Have Bn Flouting Court Orders Since Inseption, So Pls Do As Usual In Dis Matter!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by Tonero231: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
D judgement favours Okorocha now, I don't think it will do at d tribunal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by SillyMods: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2019
princeSammyz:
Thus is not about party but sanity. The returning officer said he was forced to announce the result and you think this is just about parties?
And is it not the court that will decide the fate of both INEC and the candidate? And what else should be done once the FHC has ordered INEC to issue him the certificate?

The sensible thing for INEC to do was to issue him the certificate and sue him for his alleged action.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by shox(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Too much noise over this okorocha Senate ambition
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by elgramz: 7:05am On Jun 11, 2019
Okorocha grin
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by balonaija(f): 7:07am On Jun 11, 2019
well that is strange
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by princeSammyz: 7:07am On Jun 11, 2019
SillyMods:

And is it not the court that will decide the fate of both INEC and the candidate? And what else should be done once the FHC has ordered INEC to issue him the certificate?

The sensible thing for INEC to do was to issue him the certificate and sue him for his alleged action.
Of course. As it stands now with the court order we expect INEC to act in accordance. But my point is, why did they leave the issue hanging for so long like they had no clue whatsoever? I believe the electoral officer gave his report and recommendations on the matter. They should have investigated and acted accordingly and let Okorocha do the suing. But no, they had to wait endlessly, putting the efforts of the patriotic Nigerian that refused to be an instrument of injustice to naught. I blame INEC, but I would not say they worked for PDP here, rather against it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by amiibaby(f): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2019
Lol
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by olajizz01(m): 7:12am On Jun 11, 2019
SillyMods:

True talk, that festus of a guy is confirmed PDP,his Dubai agenda failed, so he want to do this to covered the Dubai dollars he collection
Re: Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders by toprealman: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2019
SillyMods:

It is for good Bro. That equation needs to be balanced or else........

(1) (2) (Reply)

EDO: APC Women Campaign in Owan West As Ize-Iyamu campaigns in Owan East &Estako / Okpoko Clean Up: Anambra Begins Demolition Of Shanties And Illegal Structures / FG Welcomes Exit From Recession With Cautious Optimism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.