Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,368 members, 7,829,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Mbappe Is Not To Blame For France’s Defeat To Turkey - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mbappe Is Not To Blame For France’s Defeat To Turkey (465 Views)

Argentina Players Hold Minute Of Silence For Mbappé After France Defeat (Video) / Pogba Does The CHOP PALLIATIVE Dance As He Scores For France / Paul Pogba Buys Championship Rings For France's World Cup Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbappe Is Not To Blame For France’s Defeat To Turkey by MIss9jaGossip: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2019
After the youngster was blasted for his poor showing in France’s surprise 2-0 defeat to Turkey, Didier Deschamps has come out to defend Kylian Mbappe.

Strikes from Kaan Ayhan and Cengiz Under was the difference between both teams as France got beat in Konya and vacated top spot in the group.

Mbappe got the most criticism, having lost possession 22 times – the most in a single game for his country, but his coach has come out to defend him.

Didier said, “Apart from Hugo Lloris, who was at his level in Turkey, all the others were below what they have to do,”

“You [the media] target Kylian most, but I look from a collective point of view. He was below his best, he had less mobility.

“In his individual risk-taking, which is part of his qualities, he did not have the success he usually has, and he did not always receive the ball in the best positions.

“But I’m not going to have any special treatment for Kylian. I talk to him as I talk to the other players, and he and the others depend on a collective.”

“It is [the case] for all French players who have been to the World Cup,” he said. “The holidays have been cut short, the calendars are hyper-charged and there is an extension [to the season].

“But it’s valid for other nations. When we go after a competition, the season after is like that. The holidays will do them good, and they need them.

“We have one last important collective effort to make before they switch to the rest they need.”

https://www.9gbedu.com.ng/2019/06/mbappe-is-not-to-blame-for-frances.html
Re: Mbappe Is Not To Blame For France’s Defeat To Turkey by Justiceleague1: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2019
Lost possession 22 times!!??!!
Buhari sef

grin
Re: Mbappe Is Not To Blame For France’s Defeat To Turkey by MIss9jaGossip: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
lolz what brought buhari into this??

(1) (Reply)

Freddie Ljungberg Is Appointed As Arsenal Assistant Coach / Which Is Africa's Biggest National Team Football Rivalry? / Super Frank Returns To Chelsea As Manager.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.