Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store (1226 Views)

Huawei Wants To Attracts Developers With High Pay For Its App Gallery / Man Gets Surprise Birthday Gift From Infinix After Requesting On Twitter / IOS Developers Sue Apple Over App Store Fee (monopoly) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Gizmomachine: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Huawei has been working on its own OS called Oak OS which is expected to be launched in September this year. The world’s second largest smartphone maker was focused into developing its own OS, after the Trump lead administrator banned US-based companies from doing business with the tech giant. Huawei has depended on Google’s Android operating system to power its smartphones. With the ban in place, this means the company will have to come up with a new solution, since it will no longer be having access to the Play Store for apps.

With the Oak OS soon to launch, report says Huawei now requesting developers to publish apps on its app store. The idea is to ensure that its devices have access to a flourishing app ecosystem. The company has reportedly reached out to developers of popular Play Store applications to get them to publish their apps on EMUI‘s pre-installed AppGallery app store.

This information was made known by an XDA-Developers, who shared an email sent to him by Huawei. The email invites developers to join AppGallery which is claimed to have “270 million monthly active users” on over “350m phones,” about half of which are sold outside of China.

The email promises that developers will be provided with “full support” to help them publish their app on AppGallery. However, the company has clarified exactly what kind of support will be provided to developers.

As per the reports, the Chinese company has been pitching app makers from last year to build software for a new Huawei app store outside China. The company had even talked with European wireless carriers about spreading this new app store even further.

Source: https://www.gizmolad.com/2019/06/huawei-requesting-developers-to-publish-apps-on-its-app-store/

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Nbote(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Ghen ghen.. I talk am ooo.. Google go lose on d long run

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Jmk9292(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2019
They must survive
Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by CANDYDADDY(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
I cant do without watching unlimited video on YouTube, cant read mail outside Gmail,other web browser than Chrome is no no to me,looking at the thumbnail, theme in Google playstore alone gimme joy cant stoop so low with an OS that wont supports these

1 Like

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
Nbote:
Ghen ghen.. I talk am ooo.. Google go lose on d long run

E hard pass like that Bro. Lumia was an OS too remember? To be a developer that can develop Oak app, you must learn from scratch. e no easy. learning android and iOs sef hard on their own

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
The story is taking different faces as the day goes by...
I can't wait to see the Final outcome!!

1 Like

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Pierced(f): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
I don't see huawei surviving these........who wants to buy a phone without Youtube, Gmail, Google, I.G, etc.

And which app developer will take the risk of developing apps for an os that is not going to sell.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Raydos: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
All of you saying, You can't do without Facebook, YouTube, Instagram blah, Blah Blah

How are you guys surviving before the invention of all these apps??

And besides I am 100% sure Huawei is coming up with apps that are better than all these aforementioned apps above with even less data consumption!!

They're not daft like Africans, they're thinking outside the box!!

They are not mumu like you, they will make everything cheaper, even downloading apps will be free, so as to have more people Buying their phones and using their OS

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Requesting Developers To Publish Apps On Its App Store by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
Raydos:
All of you saying, You can't do without Facebook, YouTube, Instagram blah, Blah Blah

How are you guys surviving before the invention of all these apps??

And besides I am 100% sure Huawei is coming up with apps that are better than all these aforementioned apps above with even less data consumption!!

They're not daft like Africans, they're thinking outside the box!!

You obviously have no knowledge about how softwares are made or developed.

I see your kind on Nairaland, and I just laugh.

As a software developer, Huawei is on a very long thing. Android and iOS has 99.9% of mobile market share.
The only thing they can pray for is for US to revert the ban. If not, the way ZTE collapsed, they'll collapse too.

Are you aware they've started selling their assets? I think not.

Enjoy your day.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Iphone Thread / Which Andriod Phone Is Less Than 15k? / Oppo A92020 Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.