Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Evolution 101 - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution 101 (14727 Views)

101 Scientific Facts In The Bible With Bible Passages To Back It It Up / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution 101 by budaatum: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
TV01:

...and yes, the earth is flat and unmoving. If you can show me any evidence of the earth moving - on an axis, or around the sun. I'd love to see it...
Your salvation is your own and not up to others providing you with evidence which you would anyway refuse to acknowledge. Open your eyes and do some work seeing and then you just might learn and evolve from "earth is flat and unmoving".
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
LordReed:

I am just showing that apparently the book (by extension the system of classification itself) doesn't do justice to allay the concerns I already expressed to TV01. The methodology for establishing what a kind is is very poor and lacking, in fact it doesn't seem to be much better than intuition.

Aiit boss... Although I do still think, using one person's review of a paper or book to judge the quality of it's content (regardless of the status or qualification of the reviewer) is not doing justice to work.
Except u got as many opinions as possible but decided to share this one sha, then I get ur point.
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

My friend,
If you sincerely want to have peace of mind, the chance is open in two ways.
¤Drop your ego and learn from true Christians what's giving us bliss in a joyless world!
Or
¤Forget discussing with intelligent creatures about what's in their minds!

*If you choose option A, you'll be happy helping many in your neighbourhood to gain insight and such ones will ever be grateful to you as their brother, friend or father, And you'll always be happy seeing those whose lives have been touched by your preaching and teaching!

*If you choose option B, you'll also be happy on your own without having to carry the weight of other people's thoughts or feelings in your head. And you'll be alone in your paradasic state of mind!

Anything short of these two will only bring you headaches and pains! wink

LMAO! Who told you I don't have peace of mind?
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
omokoladejames:

Aiit boss... Although I do still think, using one person's review of a paper or book to judge the quality of it's content (regardless of the status or qualification of the reviewer) is not doing justice to work.
Except u got as many opinions as possible but decided to share this one sha, then I get ur point.

Its not like people are falling over themselves to review the work of what is already demonstrably wrong. If you have more links for me to view, by all means provide it.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
LordReed:

LMAO! Who told you I don't have peace of mind?

There you go now!
Arrogantly lying to your own soul out of ego! wink

Well you need divine wisdom but if your pomposity won't allow you admit it, at least other followers will learn from you blunders!

There's nothing that could have made a sane person utter statements as:

¤You're deluded!
¤You're not using your brains!
¤What nonsense!
¤This is stupidity!

And so on if he truthfully have peace of mind. Because there shouldn't have been anything that could make you stay on social media for the past two to three years arguing over the same issue when you're not been paid for it other than restlessness!

My friend restlessness is as a result of unsettled minds, and that's what you're having now. Even though you may not admit it while it's obvious before everyone!

Option A and B is there for you my friend, choose one and STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF! wink
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

There you go now!
Arrogantly lying to your own soul out of ego! wink

Well you need divine wisdom but if your pomposity won't allow you admit it, at least other followers will learn from you blunders!

There's nothing that could have made a sane person utter statements as:

¤You're deluded!
¤You're not using your brains!
¤What nonsense!
¤This is stupidity!

And so on if he truthfully have peace of mind. Because there shouldn't have been anything that could make you stay on social media for the past two to three years arguing over the same issue when you're not been paid for it other than restlessness!

My friend restlessness is as a result of unsettled minds, and that's what you're having now. Even though you may not admit it while it's obvious before everyone!

Option A and B is there for you my friend, choose one and STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF! wink

LMFAO! Mr Updated Intelligence so I guess you are the restless one because you are here telling useless long stories, with thw amount of time you send typing these your headless stories it might be that you are jobless.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Mr Updated Intelligence so I guess you are the restless one because you are here telling useless long stories, with thw amount of time you send typing these your headless stories it might be that you are jobless.

I never said believers don't carry loads of other people's thoughts and worries in our heads, so we know that's what we must do to prove we're children of God! wink
But it's you who's lying that you have peace of mind yet you're always here looking forward to argue with believers when all your motive is simply to say 'nobody should tell others what to do!'

As for jobs, I became my own boss after leaving the military intelligence Sir! wink
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Maximus69:

I never said believers don't carry loads of other people's thoughts and worries in our heads, so we know that's what we must do to prove we're children of God! wink
But it's you who's lying that you have peace of mind yet you're always here looking forward to argue with believers when all your motive is simply to say 'nobody should tell others what to do!'

As for jobs, I became my own boss after leaving the military intelligence Sir! wink

They must have declined your brand of intelligence.

LMFAO! Oya na, come and sacrifice me to your god because I don't have peace of mind.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Oya na, come and sacrifice me to your god because I don't have peace of mind.

Naaaaaaaah!

There are three types of warfare and you've been unknowingly engaging in one PSYCHOLOGICAL warfare.
Your problem is the faculty to which you belong ATHEISM, because atheism disarmed itself by removing the main bullet PSYCHO when it says 'no mind controlling' whereas the main target of atheism is to divert people's mind away from religion! undecided
Of course that's impossible without the bullet in your weapon 'mind control'!
So your weapon has been rendered harmless by your faculty, that's why you're never going to win the battle psychologically, the Bible foretold a time when your folks will start this war and it explains that YOU will later change to PHYSICAL after seeing that your former approach proves futile! wink
Re: Evolution 101 by wyzoe: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

I know you from the phone section in the days of old (Think back to when Gionee e3 was still a thing and Elijahdre was the main vendor).

You used to be a Christian then if I remember right, even attacking some atheists once in a while.

What happened?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaah!

There are three types of warfare and you've been unknowingly engaging in one PSYCHOLOGICAL warfare.
Your problem is the faculty to which you belong ATHEISM, because atheism disarmed itself by removing the main bullet PSYCHO when it says 'no mind controlling' whereas the main target of atheism is to divert people's mind away from religion! undecided
Of course that's impossible without the bullet in your weapon 'mind control'!
So your weapon has been rendered harmless by your faculty, that's why you're never going to win the battle psychologically, the Bible foretold a time when your folks will start this war and it explains that YOU will later change to PHYSICAL after seeing that your former approach proves futile! wink

Keep dreaming and telling your headless stories. LMAO!
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2019
wyzoe:

I know you from the phone section in the days of old (Think back to when Gionee e3 was still a thing and Elijahdre was the main vendor).

You used to be a Christian then if I remember right, even attacking some atheists once in a while.

What happened?

I became an atheist because I realised that there really isn't evidence for any of the things I believed, I simply believed.
Re: Evolution 101 by wyzoe: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

I became an atheist because I realised that there really isn't evidence for any of the things I believed, I simply believed.

Good enough for me.

Takes a lot of strength to reevaluate ones beliefs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

Keep dreaming and telling your headless stories. LMAO!
I'm happy with my so called DREAMS Sir, it's you that's having tough times fighting an already lost battle! wink
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

I'm happy with my so called DREAMS Sir, it's you that's having tough times fighting an already lost battle! wink

If your god shows up after all the fake predictions your organisation made then I'll agree it's a lost battle. LMAO!
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

Its not like people are falling over themselves to review the work of what is already demonstrably wrong. If you have more links for me to view, by all means provide it.

smiley smiley smiley...Naa, no links from me boss. Enjoy the weekend
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
omokoladejames:

smiley smiley smiley...Naa, no links from me boss. Enjoy the weekend

Enjoy yours too.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

If your god shows up after all the fake predictions your organisation made then I'll agree it's a lost battle. LMAO!
If your gods could present just one single organization of different races relating with one another as one happy global family,then i'll agree it's NOT a lost battle! wink
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

If your gods could present just one single organization of different races relating with one another as one happy global family,then i'll agree it's NOT a lost battle! wink

LMFAO! I can see you have been discombobulated.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! I can see you have been discombobulated.
Oyinbo repete! cheesy

Egoistic over borrowed language with nothing to show for all your atheistic textbooks, your faculty is loosing the PSYCHOLOGICAL battle Sir! cheesy
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Oyinbo repete! cheesy

Egoistic over borrowed language with nothing to show for all your atheistic textbooks, your faculty is loosing the PSYCHOLOGICAL battle Sir! cheesy

When is Jesus coming again? LMFAO!
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2019
LordReed:

When is Jesus coming again? LMFAO!

You will never know!
Because your attention is focused only on physical things yet while worrying over the state of mind of others in your neighbourhood, you're helpless and hopeless about what the future holds. And even when you're seeing the achievements of others, you decided to blur your mind towards the TRUTH all because you want to set standards for your Creator!
Jesus will surely come to establish his kingdom here on this planet but by that time all unbelievers will be no more! Luke 19:27 Psalms 37:9-11
So enjoy all what you feel true believers can't enjoy now before our king takes over from your trusted rulers {gods} Daniel 2:44 undecided
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2019
Maximus69:

You will never know!
Because your attention is focused only on physical things yet while worrying over the state of mind of others in your neighbourhood, you're helpless and hopeless about what the future holds. And even when you're seeing the achievements of others, you decided to blur your mind towards the TRUTH all because you want to set standards for your Creator!
Jesus will surely come to establish his kingdom here on this planet but by that time all unbelievers will be no more! Luke 19:27 Psalms 37:9-11
So enjoy all what you feel true believers can't enjoy now before our king takes over from your trusted rulers {gods} Daniel 2:44 undecided

Keep dreaming.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2019
LordReed:

Keep dreaming.

We're now over 8.5 million happy, friendly, peace-loving global family of intelligent minds all HAVING THE SAME DREAM!

I wonder what you're doing here if not to compel others to join you in some forms of thought{DREAMS} ! wink

Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2019
Maximus69:

We're now over 8.5 million happy, friendly, peace-loving global family of intelligent minds all HAVING THE SAME DREAM!

I wonder what you're doing here if not to compel others to join you in some forms of thought{DREAMS} ! wink

LMFAO! The person who is expecting his god to come and compel and subdue all humans is accusing me, who is not even a mod of compulsion. LoL so freaking rich.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! The person who is expecting his god to come and compel and subdue all humans is accusing me, who is not even a mod of compulsion. LoL so freaking rich.
It's a pleasure chatting with you my atheist friend,
Farewell Sir!
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jul 14, 2019
Maximus69:

It's a pleasure chatting with you my atheist friend,
Farewell Sir!

Likewise. Bye.
Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
LordReed:
You've been shown over and over again but you say you've not seen anything. There is no need, I am not masochistic.

I quite enjoy joshing with you. Although as a biblical inerrantist, I am unlikely to budge even a smidgen towards your position, as I suppose, may also be the case from your POV. That however does not prevent clearly articulated points being made - and honestly.

Honestly I say, as I've always considered you above board, and unlike some, not hell bent on demonstrating how well their intellect matches up to divinity. But now I'm not so sure.

Are you really going to present a case which claims combinational changes in the DNA bases can lead to wholesale coding for new morphology. Simply ignoring the more granular process coding for the assembly of functional proteins from amino acids?

Skipping any insight into the regulatory framework around gene activity and expression or, the tightly controlled process of transcription and translation - which process also possesses inbuilt functionality to prevent and/or rectify copying errors.

Dude, I have no problem being thoroughly sledged, or described as ignorant - even by unwanted suitors - but that kind of behaviour is unbecoming.

LordReed:
Very simply, the number of molecules that make up DNA are finite, their combinations will also be finite. The random process works within the constraints of physical laws, they will produce coherence because any time there is a new combination there is a non-zero chance that coherence will emerge. The same way every time you flip a coin there is a non-zero chance that it will be heads.
A true religionist grin

Thanks anyway. Not even a pinch of a tad of a smidgen

TV
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
TV01:

I quite enjoy joshing with you. Although as a biblical inerrantist, I am unlikely to budge even a smidgen towards your position, as I suppose, may also be the case from your POV. That however does not prevent clearly articulated points being made - and honestly.

Honestly I say, as I've always considered you above board, and unlike some, not hell bent on demonstrating how well their intellect matches up to divinity. But now I'm not so sure.

Are you really going to present a case which claims combinational changes in the DNA bases can lead to wholesale coding for new morphology. Simply ignoring the more granular process coding for the assembly of functional proteins from amino acids?

Skipping any insight into the regulatory framework around gene activity and expression or, the tightly controlled process of transcription and translation - which process also possesses inbuilt functionality to prevent and/or rectify copying errors.

Dude, I have no problem being thoroughly sledged, or described as ignorant - even by unwanted suitors - but that kind of behaviour is unbecoming.

A true religionist grin

Thanks anyway. Not even a pinch of a tad of a smidgen

I don't know how many times you'll be told that this not a magical change of a frog to a lizard or lizard to bird. You will persist in thinking this is magic because you've conditioned your mind to think in those terms.

I wasn't particularly interested in changing your mind only in showing you that you refuse to accurately represent what the theory says, mixing instead with your notions of magic and producing this corrupted information as reason why you will not budge.
Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
LordReed:
I don't know how many times you'll be told that this not a magical change of a frog to a lizard or lizard to bird. You will persist in thinking this is magic because you've conditioned your mind to think in those terms.

I wasn't particularly interested in changing your mind only in showing you that you refuse to accurately represent what the theory says, mixing instead with your notions of magic and producing this corrupted information as reason why you will not budge.
All I asked was for you to explain the process whereby new genetic information is acquired which leads to changes in morphology. The emphasis being on new and coherent.

Your insistent on glibly putting it down to "random mutation", which is in effect to say "typos did it", is quite simply clutching Then following this with an attempt to ram it home with the nonsensical point which I quoted towards the end of my previous post clearly demonstrates you are the one resorting to sleight of hand magic tricks.

As I said, I'm a biblical inerrantist - I believe it all from the first character to the last. That in no way prevents you from clearly and honestly articulating your position - if you indeed have one of any merit.

Instead you've diverted down secondary paths, ascribed all sorts of nonsense to me and duly exposed your own limited understanding of what you in truth believe really as a matter of faith. Be it immediate, or over millions, billions or trillions of years, there has to be a natural process.

Any ideas grin

TV
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
TV01:
All I asked was for you to explain the process whereby new genetic information is acquired which leads to changes in morphology. The emphasis being on new and coherent.

Your insistent on glibly putting it down to "random mutation", which is in effect to say "typos did it", is quite simply clutching Then following this with an attempt to ram it home with the nonsensical point which I quoted towards the end of my previous post clearly demonstrates you are the one resorting to sleight of hand magic tricks.

As I said, I'm a biblical inerrantist - I believe it all from the first character to the last. That in no way prevents you from clearly and honestly articulating your position - if you indeed have one of any merit.

Instead you've diverted down secondary paths, ascribed all sorts of nonsense to me and duly exposed your own limited understanding of what you in truth believe really as a matter of faith. Be it immediate, or over millions, billions or trillions of years, there has to be a natural process.

Any ideas grin

And it has been explained to you again and again that the changes in morphology are a compounding of genetic changes over time, possibly millions if not billions of years. It is not any one genetic change that signals the change in morphology but you want us to give a magic show where lizards acquire wings and feathers over night. Those little genetic changes are the result of mutation but all you think about mutation is it produces misshapen monsters.
Re: Evolution 101 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
LordReed:

And it has been explained to you again and again that the changes in morphology are a compounding of genetic changes over time, possibly millions if not billions of years. It is not any one genetic change that signals the change in morphology but you want us to give a magic show where lizards acquire wings and feathers over night. Those little genetic changes are the result of mutation but all you think about mutation is it produces misshapen monsters.

Hmmm,
You'll prefer people swallow all these fabrications from your gods to sterilize everyone's hearts against accepting the truth regarding Creation, all you needed is spicing it up with huge grammars from the borrowed foreign language, that's all! wink
But if it's about the existence of God the root cause of Creation, you'll say 'i want to speak with him' cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's 50th Birthday / Pastor Adeboye: God Hasn’t Told Me Who Will Be President In 2023 / Bishop Okonkwo Blasts FG Over Use Of Military Force In South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.