Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,978 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water (23426 Views)

Elephant Appreciates A Man With A Kiss For Advocating For Them (Video) / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Osnami: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
l
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
This na death trap. Buy but don’t use it
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by blackaxe78: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Truth be told, what he made is a death trap and hazardous craft.

In as much as it can be remodelled and redesigned, I still will appreciate his effort for thinking outside the box.

2 Likes

Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by DemonInSiege: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nice but how safe is that?

1 Like

Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
Chrisus:

In my own opinion, this man is not disabled, he has risen above his wheelchair to make ends meet, kudos!
The real disabled ones are those men and women without any physical challenges who beg daily online ,on the streets or just stay indoors all day moaning about the economy.

Can't you just make a comment without insulting soooo many of us the real disabled ones here on NL?

@ topic...I hope people support him... even if they don't need the buckets they can always buy and donate it to a hospital or orphanage.

Somebody should help me .... am a 300 levil stewdent in the univercity majuring in english and need funs irgentlee to pay my fees. tank you.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by femi4: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:
But plastics are poor conductors of electricity.
What do they understand about engineering
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by advocate666: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
You can only buy an electrified bucket to bath only when your village people have started mentioning your name.

1 Like

Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Onemind9: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
I would advise the man to get sticker indicating:

Heated water leach BISPHENOL A (BPA) from plastic, thereby cause CANCER, DO NOT DRINK WATER from this plastic when heated.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by muibi1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2019
God bless him.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by materialproject: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
Good For Him
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by merits(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
He attached a boiling ring to a bucket boo whoo big deal

Why you know first bring out the ideal.
Ewu!
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:

Which makes them a good candidate for making such a product.
Avoiding/drastically reducing the risk of electrocution and making it safe for use.
It is even good on the matter of heat transfer as the plastic used in making this bucket, being poor conductors of heat will make the water warm(hot) for longer period as heat loss will be lesser.

Abi na metal bucket you want make him use angry ?

1 Like

Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
femi4:
What do they understand about engineering
If you are actually an Engineer, and you made this statement, Then i spit on your certificate.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
blackaxe78:
Truth be told, what he made is a death trap and hazardous craft.

In as much as it can be remodelled and redesigned, I still will appreciate his effort for thinking outside the box.

Please how is it a death trap?

did you not see how the electric component of the boiling ring was isolated from the bucket?

The only thing that should be questioned is the integrity of the technique/method used in isolating the electrical terminals of the boiling ring over a long period (i.e in the event the bucket starts leaking from that point), which in that case i expect extensive testing to have been done prior to the mass production of his product to allay such fears.

This kind of people should be encouraged.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by brenister10: 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
He attached a boiling ring to a bucket boo whoo big deal

You wey get 2 functioning legs, oya tell us what you have done
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
advocate666:
You can only buy an electrified bucket to bath only when your village people have started mentioning your name.

Then you simply do not understand the philosophy behind this design.

That being said, the internet and much study can help you, to remove ignorance which you just spewed.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by harley88(m): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
bro4u:
Oboy this is real talent... In a saner clime this man would have been a billionaire from patent and the rest.

Shut up your dirty mouth jare..... in saner climes, he wouldn't be allowed to sell this dangerous contraption. According to you, nothing works in your own country.

Nonsense....
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Onemind9:
I would advise the man to get sticker indicating:

Heated water leach BISPHENOL A (BPA) from plastic, thereby cause CANCER, DO NOT DRINK WATER from this plastic when heated.
Smart. wink
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
dadavivo:
Does it have a regulator to switch itself off when the water is boiled? If no, it's a dangerous bucket to let children and teens to use

Nice afterthought. But will only add to the complexity, and risk a reduction in reliability, given the man's available skill set(?)
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by blackaxe78: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Inception:

Please how is it a death trap?

did you not see how the electric component of the boiling ring was isolated from the bucket?

The only thing that should be questioned is the integrity of the technique/method used in isolating the electrical terminals of the boiling ring over a long period (i.e in the event the bucket starts leaking from that point), which in that case i expect extensive testing to have been done prior to the mass production of his product to allay such fears.

This kind of people should be encouraged.

You asked a question and answered it same time.

Am not condemning it. I never did.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
Except that it is unsafe and you are at risk of electrocution(the handle conducts electricity and it can easily puncture the plastic bucket ) and burns from hot water spill ,as the bucket handle easily removes.....
And so on...
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Chukalemon(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nigeria is blessed with a lot of natural talented individual.what are the federal government doing about this
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Investmentfreak: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:
LMAO. Bruh, read what you've written and tell me whether you made sense ? grin grin cheesy cheesy

I am plastic, can’t conduct wizdom grin
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by femi4: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Inception:

If you are actually an Engineer, and you made this statement, Then i spit on your certificate.
In my field, we called people like you "CRUDE"
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by iHart(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Chrisus:
In my own opinion, this man is not disabled, he has risen above his wheelchair to make ends meet, kudos!
The real disabled ones are those men and women without any physical challenges who beg daily online ,on the streets or just stay indoors all day moaning about the economy.
this your comment sweet well well
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2019
femi4:
In my field, we called people like you "CRUDE"

I put it to you again, if you graduated from any field of Engineering, i spit on your certificate for corroborating the statement made by that ignoramus.

If you did not, then i will save you the disgrace.

Also, note the correction made to your sentence.
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by bobolizim(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
Inception:

Which makes them a good candidate for making such a product.
Avoiding/drastically reducing the risk of electrocution and making it safe for use.
It is even good on the matter of heat transfer as the plastic used in making this bucket, being poor conductors of heat will make the water warm(hot) for longer period as heat loss will be lesser.

Abi na metal bucket you want make him use angry ?
ah. Jesus. I need to ask you what youd in physics. Mechanisms of heat transfer ,conduction,radiation and convection must be put into consideration before making tgis kind of thing. In your head, what will happen to the plastic if the water becmes too hot for it?
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by femi4: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Inception:

I put it to you again, if you graduated from any field of Engineering, i spit on your certificate for corroborating the statement made by that ignoramus.

If you did not, then i will save you the disgrace.

Also, note the correction made to your sentence.
Olodo, that was a typo.

Crude like you understand next to nothing about heat transfer
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by femi4: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:
ah. Jesus. I need to ask you what youd in physics. Mechanisms of heat transfer ,conduction,radiation and convection must be put into consideration before making tgis kind of thing. In your head, what will happen to the plastic if the water becmes too hot for it?
Don't waste your time, we have many educated illiterate here
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:

Bros, How hot can water get? Unless i am proven wrong, water boils at 100 deg. C.

Most plastic paint buckets are made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Yes i agree that It is not engineered to withstand high temperatures for long periods (usually not more than 120 deg. C ), but how many people get their hot water to more than 60 deg. before it seems ok for use? Factoring in carelessness, the water has to have boiled off completely before heat starts causing the plastic to start melting.

The issue with the comment i quoted was the statement that plastics is a poor conductor of electricity, hence ( by implication) its unsuitably for use. And the question i ask is, why? That is what even makes one select it in the first place!
Re: Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water by Inception(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
bobolizim:

femi4:
Olodo, that was a typo.

Crude like you understand next to nothing about heat transfer

That means you have comprehension issues.

The individual you quoted stated that Plastic is a poor conductor of electricity.

You are talking of heat transfer. as if the 2 are related to the issue at hand.

What a waste.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Aliens Exist? 5 Signs They Just Might... / Meet Philip Emeagwali: Biography Of Father Of Modern Day Internet / The Olinguito - A New Carnivorous Mammalian Specie Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.