Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila (1072 Views)

Speaker Gbajabiamila Wearing Bulletproof Vest On Independence Day? (Photos) / Speaker Gbajabiamila Bowed To Bola Tinubu, Reno Omokri Reacts / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by PVision2020(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2019
The newly elected speaker of House of Reps, Gbajabiamila, said he will introduce drastic reforms
- Gbajabiamila said he will be introducing the reforms in piecemeal so as not to shock the system
- The new speaker also made his first appointment as he announced Sanusi Rikiji, the former speaker of Zamfara state as his chief of staff
The new speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, says the running of the House would no longer be business as usual, as he pledged to introduce drastic reforms.
Gbajabiamila who was elected speaker on Tuesday, June 11, said in his inaugural speech that he would introduce his planned reforms in piecemeal.
“This is going to be a House of reforms, we will be dishing out those reforms in piecemeal. It will not be business as usual.
“There comes a time in the life and history of a people when they interrogate the past and present, review past sacrifices, miscalculations and errors and collectively decide to opt for change, peace and progress.
“We are at such a moment in this country. Honourable colleagues of the 9th Assembly this is our time, this is our moment as history beckons.
“The 9th Assembly under my leadership is going to be a House of reforms. The reforms will be dished out piecemeal and at intervals so as not to shock the system.
“Moving forward therefore my dear colleagues, it will not be business as usual and we will be shaking the table just a little.
“We will be introducing various reforms that will reposition this institution but please be rest assured that they will be for the greater good,” he said.
According to him, "on our shoulders lie the responsibility of working together as a House to safeguard the future of our great country.
“The House must be reformed before the country can be reformed, we simply cannot and must not fail."
Legit.ng also reports that Gbajabiamila has announced his first appointment.
“In this regard and so as to quickly hit the ground running, I am announcing the appointment of Mr Sanusi Rikiji, the former Speaker of Zamfara state as my Chief of Staff.
“Sanusi comes with a wealth of legislative experience and I believe his inclusion in this Assembly will add immense value,” he said.
In attendance at the event were Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, Dickson Seriake of Bayelsa, Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Simon Lalung of Plateau and National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomole among others.
https://www.legit.ng/1242934-we-shaking-table-speaker-gbajabiamila-inaugural-speech.html
Lalasticlacla, Myndd44 FP

Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Lagosfinder(m): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Very important to make things work
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Valro(m): 8:10am On Jun 12, 2019
Naso ...calm down first, match never start you don dey offside
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by mikejj(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2019
Valro:
cheesy help me..but this man dey vibrant ...
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Amuocha: 8:16am On Jun 12, 2019
Valro:

Lol grin grin grin

Useless offside shocked

3 Likes

Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Modavies: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2019
“The House must be reformed before the country can be reformed,
Good point

3 Likes

Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by IamPatriotic(m): 8:24am On Jun 12, 2019
The only reform that will make mean to Nigerians is for him to drastically reduce the cost of running both Chambers if the NASS. Their budget is choking the country.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by mcjohny(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2019
try surpass what the 8th Senate did bc they really tried honestly. congrats
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by GOFRONT(m): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2019
angry

If a Mace Snatcher can be made the Deputy Senate president, then Yaya Bello's second tenure dream is Not yet Averted??

Our Mumu no go ever do!!!!
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:23am On Jun 12, 2019
Femi Gbajabiamila, I hope you know that you are also on that table!!!

Get to work!!!

No more theories!!!

I just know that this 9th Assembly will be the zombie version

God, I hope I am wrong!!!
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Racoon(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2019
No table to shake because you will only shake off your own because you guys are now in charge.No more excuses so get down to work.
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by babyfaceafrica: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2019
IamPatriotic:
The only reform that will make mean to Nigerians is for him to drastically reduce the cost of running both Chambers if the NASS. Their budget is choking the country.
you want to kill Femi?.. I swear if he tries that he will be impeached immediately!!!.. do you know how much nass members spend to get there?,,.politics is too expensive and lucrative in Nigeria.....

2 Likes

Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by Daviddson(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2019
This man will likely be used by Tinubu to frustrate Buhari whenever they're not in agreement.
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by BlackfireX: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2019
Convict....
Re: We Will Be Shaking Table - Speaker Gbajabiamila by myddmodnabastard: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2019
thieffnubu boy is trying hard to convince us that he will be in control but we know Mr bullion van is the real speaker now congrats to mr ojuyobo thieffnubu

(1) (Reply)

You Cannot Suspend Me – Elisha Abbo Tells Tinubu’s Wife After She Threatened Him / Wedding Invitation That Got People Talking / BIAFRA: Ahead Of Parents Burial, Nnamdi Kanu Sets Date To Address Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.