Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? (1019 Views)

What's The Best Inverter And Deep Cycle Battery To Use In Nigeria Currently / Tired Of Heat? Use This Blue Inec Lifepo4 Battery To Power Your DC Fan / I Need A Dell D610 Power Pack And Battery To Buy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Good morning y’all.

There’s this Bluetooth speaker I bought last yeah December. Set me around 98k and 5k to deliver to my house.

Just last month the battery weared out and it doesn’t even stay up to 10min full volume. Except when plugged to a power outlet.

I think the battery bad or I might be wrong. So I bought an oraimo 20mah power bank and I was thinking if I can convert it to use the power bank batter instead. I don’t mind using carrying the speaker and the power bank together. I seen some YouTube videos but I nor wan make e spoil for my hand. cheesy

I need someone to help me please. Can this be done and if yes, how or I can bring it to where ever you are to help me out. The speaker is bad asx and can’t let it waste like that.

Pardon my moniker and help me.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by dawnomike(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2019
Post the picture of the power bank and the speaker... There is a way around it.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:
the power bank.

Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:
the speaker and its power box. It’s like that of a laptop.

Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:
actually was thinking if I could cut the power cord of the Bluetooth speaker, and bring out the red and black wires. Which is the positive and negative. Then also cut the USB cable connected to the power bank, bring out the positive and negative wires, fuse them together and have the power bank charge the speaker non stop. Just like charging your phone with a power bank and using it at the same time till the power bank runs out of power.

Will this work? Na here my brain carry the whole thing reach. Thanks for helping. Really appreciate

Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:
the illustration above will render the speakers power brick useless. Will this work?
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by sirusX(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Why not find out what type of battery the speaker uses and replace it...even if you have to order for it

That seems like a better option than the road you think might work.....at least playing it safe
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
sirusX:
Why not find out what type of battery the speaker uses and replace it...even if you have to order for it

That seems like a better option than the road you think might work.....at least playing it safe
you are right though. Prior to when the battery got bad. I thought of ways to make it use a power bank instead. With that I’d get a longer hours of playtime. I take it to the beach a lot and the inbuilt battery gives only 3 to 5 hours of playtime before now. Depending on the volumeq
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by dawnomike(m): 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
stupidity:
actually was thinking if I could cut the power cord of the Bluetooth speaker, and bring out the red and black wires. Which is the positive and negative. Then also cut the USB cable connected to the power bank, bring out the positive and negative wires, fuse them together and have the power bank charge the speaker non stop. Just like charging your phone with a power bank and using it at the same time till the power bank runs out of power.

Will this work? Na here my brain carry the whole thing
reach. Thanks for helping. Really appreciate
This should work just fine... connect the wire of the usb output of your powerbank to the usb charging input of your speaker (provided the usb input of your speaker also serve as usb charging port)
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Penuelseun(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
stupidity:

Will this work? Na here my brain carry the whole thing reach. Thanks for helping. Really appreciate
I won't advise that you do that as it can damage some components in the speaker, it is only made to work like that with the 12v adapter
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Penuelseun(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
stupidity:
you are right though. Prior to when the battery got bad. I thought of ways to make it use a power bank instead. With that I’d get a longer hours of playtime. I take it to the beach a lot and the inbuilt battery gives only 3 to 5 hours of playtime before now. Depending on the volumeq

ur location, I can help you if you are close
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
I can do that for you, but you might be faraway.

1. you have to knw the specification on the built in battery especially the voltage.

2. since it uses big charger it will likely run on 12v. im not sure though.

if you can open the music box and send pics, I might be able to help from here.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
dawnomike:

This should work just fine... connect the wire of the usb output of your powerbank to the usb charging input of your speaker (provided the usb input of your speaker also serve as usb charging port)
the speakers port is like that of laptop. Those round pin charger HP laptops mostly use.
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
Penuelseun:
I won't advise that you do that as it can damage some components in the speaker, it is only made to work like that with the 12v adapter
replacement battery I saw on the internet is mostly 7.4V. nor 12V. Thanks for suggestion. What’d you think?
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yemmyteespeed007:
I can do that for you, but you might be faraway.

1. you have to knw the specification on the built in battery especially the voltage.

2. since it uses big charger it will likely run on 12v. im not sure though.

if you can open the music box and send pics, I might be able to help from here.
heres what I saw on the internet about that battery it uses a 7.4V battery. I’m in Lagos. Lekki

Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
Penuelseun:
ur location, I can help you if you are close
lagos bro. Where are you?
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by Penuelseun(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
stupidity:
Ogun State
Re: Can Anyone Help Me Convert This Speakers Battery To A Power Bank? by martinz1: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
stupidity:
Let's see what we can do

(1) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G1 Core I7 8gb RAM 1TB With Backlit Keyboard For I.T Gurus / Lenovo T410 Corei5, 4gb Ram.... 25k sold / New Openbox Nokia 2.1 Works With All 4G LTE And 4000mah @ #20,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.