Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

A Nairalander Writes To The Youngest Speaker In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander Writes To The Youngest Speaker In Nigeria (244 Views)

Okey Onyekanma Resigns As Deputy Speaker In Imo / U.S Congress Writes To Nigeria On The Detention Of Sowore (Photo) / Chinedum Orji 'Ikuku' Elected Speaker In Abia (Ex Governor Theodore Orji's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Writes To The Youngest Speaker In Nigeria by ayoodeji(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
Dear Hon. Speaker,

This is not an open letter, I'd rather say a congratulatory with few of my opinions.

Congratulations on attaining the number 3 position in Oyo state, it is quite an enviable feet.
I recall a chat with my mum and sister immediately after you won your re-election, I remember saying you carry some special grace. Because I do not know how else I could describe your victory knowing well about the events the gave you the first opportunity. Also, being the only returning officer in the now ruling party and then, being the Speaker with a little over a year in politics sure cannot be ordinary or humanly orchestrated.

I must also acknowledge your diligence, hardwork and network. God has given you the opportunity that many youths can only dream of, do not fail Him.
Whether you want to admit or not, you remain a pivot to the changing political landscape of this country, not just Oyo state. Recall you started a political revolution in Oyo state and by extension the whole country (the PDP was in a mess at that time). Your first victory was a lifeline for PDP, the reason for the wild and wide jubilation across the nation not very long after the brilliant "not too young to run" bill was signed into law. You gave us the assurance that the bill was worth the struggle.

I must say, I love the euphoria and sacrifices the people have extended to you. Your success can be akin to that of Mr. Sunday Adepoju (Omoyin), he was virtually on everyone's lips (though I still have my reservations that his performance did not commensurate with the goodwill that ushered him). I know you enjoyed everybit, but it won't last forever, I assure you. You will give account. These are the days of congratulatory messages but days of critical evaluations are definitely coming. I encourage you not fail your people, else they will return with double portion of hate for every single love you have enjoyed, with more energy than you have ever seen.

It is also worthy to say that, you initially did not come in because of your tested abilities. But the failures of a particular government played a critical role. If you fail "peren"...
This is a another test ground for you, it will determine if bigger positions can be entrusted in your care. Do not get power intoxicated, please learn from the one and only "constituted authority". Never forget that the people remain your most important and potent asset. Treat them with respect and courtesy.

As the speaker, your integrity will be tested, your love for the people will also be tested, please do not compromise. Be an extension your father's goodwill. Heard so many great things about him being the people's messiah. Whether you like to hear this or not, he set a standard, you will be held to same. I know you would not want to, but you have no take on this.

Finally, many people will not agree with this but I will still say it anyways. Yes, you're the speaker but your allegiance is first to your constituency, because without them, you would not have been the speaker. The people there-in "must" always be your priority. Work very closely with the executive arm but you cannot afford to be their stooge. You are only allowed to be the people's stooge. I know they were instrumental to this feat, we appreciate and acknowledge that but you have a very rare opportunity to engrave yourself in the hearts of the people forever, there is no room for complacency.
What would you like to be remembered for? Do not fail at achieving this. You're enjoying a bit of the goodwill of your dad, Your children should not be denied same because of your actions.

There is a lot ahead of you sir, a lot of mistakes of the past needs to be corrected. I pray that the Lord Almighty grant you wisdom to Lead and navigate successfully.

Congratulations once again Hon. Speaker, I wish you a very fruitful time in office.

PS: We await your agenda for the legislative arm. Thank you.

Adebimpe Ayodeji.

moderators, please help push to front page.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Patrick Lumumba Speaks At Democracy Day Dinner / Online Fraud / Police Recover Vehicle Abductors Used To Kidnap Buhari Minister’s Son In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.