Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1796 Views)

My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: . by paiz: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
God will help you
Re: . by kushercain: 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
paiz:
God will help you

Amen o
Re: . by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
I wonder why parents like to pour their frustration on their children. Are you sure she is your mother if she is then your mother needs help.
Do not let her words offend you develop a thick skin because it should be how you see yourself that matters. Manage her for now since you still depend on her stay focused in your activities.When you are much older and financially well maybe you can have that conversation with her.
Don't vent the woman fit drive you comot.
Do you have a relative/friends you can talk to that can reason with your mom on your behalf.
I don't think a parent can hate a child something is wrong with your mom maybe the heartbreak with your dad that she finds it hard to heal from and blames you for it even though you are not to blame she put the blame on you.
I don't believe you have badluck or anything is wrong with you. Change that mindset at this point you need a motivator someone who can encourage you.People around you should show you love.It is a phase that would pass.
Learn a skill, be steadfast and think positive things.

9 Likes

Re: . by Davash222(m): 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
Are you sure she's your true mother?? Ask questions o
Re: . by sorextee(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
What's ur fathers status? Did he remarry? Does he have other kids? Cos I'm wondering why ur dad didn't keep in touch with u all these while. Judging from ur story tho.
Re: . by SageMK: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
Life is unfair. I feel so sorry for you.
Let me help you understand the rationale behind this —

1. It's not your fault.
2. She doesn't hate you.

In her eyes, you are like a corrupted “restore point”.

Before your birth, everything was probably perfect in her little world. But then you came, things fell apart and the man in her life left. I can only imagine how emotionally devastating it was for her. She fled from facing the pain.

She couldn't bring herself to accept the fact that it was probably her fault. So mentally she targeted the intruder (you) and directed her pain, misery and the hate as if to say if only you didn't intrude, things would've be okay.

I have to say you're a strong person even though she might have succeeded in shackling you down mentally.

But your heart is still beating.
If there's life... there's hope. Be determined to succeed.

9 Likes

Re: . by iammiracle1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
Sweetheart, first stop jumping churches, find one you are comfortable with then immerse yourself into having a personal relationahip with God thats all that truly matters, try to go back to school, focus on your education, try all you can to be the best, you maybe lucky to get schoparships to travel out for masters or get a dope as.s job, then take care of your physical, eat right, talk and act right so sane ppl would be attracted to you & not f.uck men and tardy ladies, no one knows where their help may come from.

Try to do well for yourself, who knows the rejected stone may turn out to be the conerstone.

All in All, to thine self be true...

Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by TruthTella(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
Try to make enough money and be independent. You can start learning how to measure roofs in buildings and give quotation on the amount necessary for buying roofing sheets or roofing tiles, you can also work as a supplier of building materials like stones or sand or burglary proofing, you can learn painting of stucco or POP ceiling.

Just start doing something to be independent and give your mother space after you start making money.

If all you have written is true then sorry to say but she is a very very evil person.

I had something similar with my mom, she just hated me for reasons best known to her and was always running me down before my siblings. She is the vengeful and unforgiving type and once she decides that you are her enemy then it's over for you even if you are a small child.

Her maltreatment really affected my childhood and caused me depression and severe low self esteem in the past and these things affected my university days and academics back then.

God vindicated me in the end. All the other children she used to favour over me didn't want to be close to her or even show interest in her life so I was the only one she turned to talk about her issues troubling her and her marital problems.
Private issues she can't discuss outside family, I am now the one she comes close to and confides in because I always show sympathy and have understanding ear that the other children don't give her.

Sometimes I think back to all the stuff that went on in my childhood but I am learning to overlook them and forgive because she is still my mother afterall. She still took care of me in spite of the obvious preferential treatment she gave others and emotional abuse I had to endure.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ibkayee(f): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
Not all mothers deserve respect just because they gave birth to you in my opinion. I would put up with her for as long as I needed to and then bounce, use her for the help with schooling and other resources she’s providing and then be on my merry way once I can get on my own feet

Sorry to hear and good luck with the outcome

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Stay strong.

As soon as you can stand on your own two feet,
leave.

Stay strong.
Re: . by Hardrive(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Your mother probably has a personality disorder. The most important advise i can give you is to have a positive mindset. Try thinking of all the things that has given you joy in the past so that you can take your mind off what is happening to you.
Surround yourself with good friends who can build up your self esteem and have regard for you as a human being. With time, you will develop a strong personality and when you do,leverage on it to meet more good people to increase the positive energy around you to counter the negative energy your mother is giving you.
Also it is best you learn a skill that is of interest to you so that you can make money for yourself. There is a special kind of feeling that making money brings to you. My advise is practical enough.

2 Likes

Re: . by Thegamingorca(m): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:
Not all mothers deserve respect just because they gave birth to you in my opinion. I would put up with her for as long as I needed to and then bounce, use her for the help with schooling and other resources she’s providing and then be on my merry way once I can get on my own feet

Sorry to hear and good luck with the outcome

cool
Re: . by UjuJoan2: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
Maybe she cheated on your father and got pregnant with you. When your father found out he left.

That's the only explanation I can think of. undecided

2 Likes

Re: . by lilmax(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
your mother did runz and you were the product

I will advice you to look for your real father

or as a girl though, useless men are willing to spend as far you bend, from there you use the money to start a new life

this is just the truth

1 Like

Re: . by Mznaett: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
The situation you're dealing with is quite frightening.
Such a terrible relationship you have with your mom.
Just be careful whenever you're with her.
Re: . by Jayslicky: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
I think there is something your father and mother are not telling you, it is either your mother cheated on your father and bore him bastards or he is just a useless man, cos i don't know why a man will abandon his children without even contributing financially to their lives. As for your mother, she is a very toxic and pathetic person, why should she poor out her frustrations on you?
My advice for you is:
1. Please invite some relatives of your mother's family to do a meeting between you and your mother and ask her the reason she hates you so much.
2. Threaten her that you're going to commit suicide, if she doesn't tell you the reason she hates you. I said threaten oooo, please don't commit suicide.
3. Put her in prayer.

If she doesn't still change after this, then you have to find a means to leave her house, since you have a SSCE certificate, you can find a little job to sustain yourself, I pray you succeed and live a normal life.

2 Likes

Re: . by Richy4(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
All u needed in life is motivation... If u find someone in life who can believe in you, u will make it.. A good motivator..it's unfortunate that you were blessed with sperm and womb donor.. not parents..

First thing you have to do is to believe in yourself.. Do not do any blame game..

Try and get your act right then every other thing will follow... See is as a challenge..
Re: . by Beremx(f): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
You have called your father to ask him why he left. I suppose by now you should have asked your mother why she hates you so much. If you don't have the boldness to ask her, let your siblings ask her. She has something in her heart she's hiding. Confront her and ask.

It is well with you

1 Like

Re: . by Kendumazy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
Based on the fact that, that man does not want to see you, i can confidently tell you that man isn't your father.

1 Like

Re: . by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
TruthTella:
Try to make enough money and be independent. You can start learning how to measure roofs in buildings and give quotation on the amount necessary for buying roofing sheets or roofing tiles, you can also work as a supplier of building materials like stones or sand or burglary proofing, you can learn painting of stucco or POP ceiling.

Just start doing something to be independent and give your mother space after you start making money.

If all you have written is true then sorry to say but she is a very very evil person.

I had something similar with my mom, she just hated me for reasons best known to her and was always running me down before my siblings. She is the vengeful and unforgiving type and once she decides that you are her enemy then it's over for you even if you are a small child.

Her maltreatment really affected my childhood and caused me depression and severe low self esteem in the past and these things affected my university days and academics back then.

God vindicated me in the end. All the other children she used to favour over me didn't want to be close to her or even show interest in her life so I was the only one she turned to talk about her issues troubling her and her marital problems.
Private issues she can't discuss outside family, I am now the one she comes close to and confides in because I always show sympathy and have understanding ear that the other children don't give her.

Sometimes I think back to all the stuff that went on in my childhood but I am learning to overlook them and forgive because she is still my mother afterall. She still took care of me in spite of the obvious preferential treatment she gave others and emotional abuse I had to endure.
, Nice of you to share your experience with OP.I hope she overcomes hers.

2 Likes

Re: . by Abcruz(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
I understand how you feel. cry

Pls do not give up on yourself. There is nothing impossible for God to do. No matter her character, she is still your mother. Submit to God and be at peace with him then constantly pray for her change of heart.

The same Jesus who changed Paul is capable of reforming your mother's attitudes.

But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”--Matthew 19:26
Re: . by genq(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
Jayslicky:
I think there is something your father and mother are not telling you, it is either your mother cheated on your father and bore him bastards or he is just a useless man, cos i don't know why a man will abandon his children without even contributing financially to their lives. As for your mother, she is a very toxic and pathetic person, why should she poor out her frustrations on you?
My advice for you is:
1. Please invite some relatives of your mother's family to do a meeting between you and your mother and ask her the reason she hates you so much.
2. Threaten her that you're going to commit suicide, if she doesn't tell you the reason she hates you. I said threaten oooo, please don't commit suicide.
3. Put her in prayer.

If she doesn't still change after this, then you have to find a means to leave her house, since you have a SSCE certificate, you can find a little job to sustain yourself, I pray you succeed and live a normal life.

I agree with the bolded - that's likely why she said you are the reason your father left.
Do not. I repeat, DO NOT threaten suicide. Knowing how heartless your mother is, I doubt she gives a f**

Hold your head high and stop seeking the love of that woman who simply birthed you. She is not your God. Find a community that will become family to you.
Lastly, ask your parents for the truth about your birth.

2 Likes

Re: . by Houseofglam7(f): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
There's two ways outta this:
(1) I'll gladly adopt you.
(2) You can share my mother.....she's got a large heart,there's space for one more.
No child deserves to pay for their parent's misfortunes!
And,please, don't hate her back.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
SageMK:
Life is unfair. I feel so sorry for you.
Let me help you understand the rationale behind this —

1. It's not your fault.
2. She doesn't hate you.

In her eyes, you are like a corrupted “restore point”.

Before your birth, everything was probably perfect in her little world. But then you came, things fell apart and the man in her life left. I can only imagine how emotionally devastating it was for her. She fled from facing the pain.

She couldn't bring herself to accept the fact that it was probably her fault. So mentally she targeted the intruder (you) and directed her pain, misery and the hate as if to say if only you didn't intrude, things would've be okay.

I have to say you're a strong person even though she might have succeeded in shackling you down mentally.

But your heart is still beating.
If there's life... there's hope. Be determined to succeed.

@ Be determined to succeed
Re: . by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
ONLY GOD AND BEING FOCUS CAN CAN HELP YOU
ONLY GOD FIT RUN AM FOR YOU
STAY SAFE
Re: . by donigspain(m): 12:31am On Jun 13, 2019
Houseofglam7:
There's two ways outta this:
(1) I'll gladly adopt you.
(2) You can share my mother.....she's got a large heart,there's space for one more.
No child deserves to pay for their parent's misfortunes!
And,please, don't hate her back.
OP, take up this offer. You need love to build back your self esteem.

3 Likes

Re: . by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:22am On Jun 13, 2019
1.both are not telling you what really happened if you have grandparents from the two side consult them or any relatives who knew them.

2.if you can move out go some where far away from her so that you will be calm n thinks about your life because your wellbeing is more vita now go get a living for yourself

2 Likes

Re: . by RearVoice: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: . by RearVoice: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: . by RearVoice: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
Re: . by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
RearVoice:
They can cry and lie together perfectly. The moment they cut the call, the fake crying is over angry

I’m new here I don’t know how to send message, can you drop your number? Or send it to me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Mums! Increase Breast Milk Production. / COVID-19: I Pity Poor Men With Many Children / Living Abroad While Your Spouse Is Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.