Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? (1315 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by Wannabenz: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
Hello Guys!

I'm trying to do court marriage abi Registery Marriage. My question is after doing introduction with the girls family do I need to go ahead and do court marriage and still plan on doing traditional wedding?

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by Hezzyluv: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
Yes...
OUR own 9ja traditional marriage is the most important one. Both of you can go to court latter and seal the deal.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by pocohantas(f): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
When you say traditional marriage, are you talking of the fanfare or bride price payment?

The fanfare is not compulsory.

Bride price payment is compulsory and no registry or church would wed you if you let them know you haven’t paid bride price.

Here in Nigeria, bride price payment comes first. While doing the introduction or after the introduction, pay the bride price and you have yourself a wife. Hopefully your wife understands that we are in perilous times.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by Wannabenz: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2022
Thanks Y'all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
Depends on your pocket. But it's not really necessary

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by Richy4(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
The way wey u dey mention court wedding as if Na one big thing... No be to wear your jeans and shirt carry your best friend follow body go sign and collect certificate? Your girl go wear her bottom box cloth.. carry her best friend wey go sign say she dey there when it happen. Abi things done change?

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by mariahAngel(f): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
You have to discuss that and come to an agreement with her family.
There's a lot involved, therefore, traditional marriage is necessary (especially if she comes from a traditional family).
Even people from her mother's side have their role to play in it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
Traditional marriage first. After that, go and register your marriage in the registry.
Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by frozen70(f): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
Wannabenz:
Hello Guys!

I'm trying to do court marriage abi Registery Marriage. My question is after doing introduction with the girls family do I need to go ahead and do court marriage and still plan on doing traditional wedding?

They are two different things

You are actually supposed to do the traditional marriage, where the family would hand her over to you then you proceed for registry

Introduction in marriage is not the same with traditional and that alone haven't made the marriage process complete

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Do Traditional Wedding After Court Marriage? by pipnator00(m): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2022
Nigerian women are the only women you get to marry 3 times (Traditional, court and church wedding) before you are certified married to them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Is Legally Married To Our Daughter What Can I Do Pls Help / Used Graco Baby Swing For Sale / 10-month-old Baby Rescues Mum From Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.