Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly (7701 Views)

Abure Re-elected As LP National Chairman, 5 Arrested By Police At Convention / Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After / APC Moves To Oust Dogara As Speaker On Resumption Of House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Joseunlimited(f): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH DELIVERED BY RT. HON. PRINCE M. O. KOLAWOLE, MEMBER REPRESENTING KABBA/BUNU CONSTITUENCY AT THE KOGI STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ON THE OCCASION OF HIS ELECTION AS THE 13TH HON. SPEAKER OF THE 7TH ASSEMBLY. THIS DAY 6TH JUNE 2019.

Protocols:

It is with heart full of joy and appreciation that I humbly accept my election as the 13th Hon. Speaker of the 7th Legislative Assembly. I give glory to the Almighty God that made it possible for this noble House to elect me to lead them as Speaker of the 7th Assembly. I will ever remain grateful to you all.

On behalf of myself, members of my family and the good people of Kabba/Bunu Constituency, I sincerely express my deep-rooted gratitude to the Distinguished Honourable Members of this 7th Legislative Assembly for finding me worthy to be elected as the Speaker of this noble House.

I pray that God will guide and protect us and He will give me the needed wisdom and knowledge to pilot the affairs of this noble House to an enviable height.

I want to sincerely thank His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, the Executive Governor of Kogi State for his love, concern, commitments and unalloyed supports and cooperation to this noble House.

Also on behalf of the immediate past members of the 6th assembly, and the incoming Members of the 7th Assembly, I sincerely appreciate His Excellency for finding out time out of his tight schedules to attend this inauguration session.

My special thanks to members of the Kogi State Executive Council (Exco), my very good brother and friend Hon. Chief Edward David Onoja, the Chief of Staff to the Governor of Kogi State, Chairman and other executive members of our great party, All Progressive Congress (APC) for their supports and contributions to my being elected as the Speaker of the 7th Assembly. May God grant you all good understanding to join His Excellency in piloting the affairs of our party and the state to a greater height.

To my lovely wife, children, friends and well-wishers, I say, I am very grateful for your prayers and encouragements, may God bless you all.

I also want to thank the Clerk and staffers of the Assembly, the Chairman and members of the Assembly Service Commission, my Legislative Aides, Security Agents, members of the Press, the good people of my constituency and other well-wishers for their supports and responsiveness to our calls at all times.

Finally, I am using this medium to promise that I will not let you down and also appealing to my esteem Honourable Colleagues to extend their hand of fellowship and cooperation to me and let us work as a team with collective spirit that will bring development to our constituents and Kogi State at large.

Let us embrace tolerance, peace and harmony, integrity, fairness and productivity so that nothing will impair our vision towards making good laws for the good governance and the socio-economic development of Kogi State.

Thank you all, God bless.

RT. HON. (PRINCE) MATHEW O. KOLAWOLE
Speaker

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Mayor08: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
Just know you were elected to better the lives of your people and not to asslick the governor... All the best, I'm not from the state but I pray for a better kogi state, better Lagos state (state of origin), better southwest and a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
Let the job begin ASAP .

No more time to waste!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by alonzoiv(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Most of the times, just a rubberstamp Speaker.
Better do the bidding of the State Governor, or be impeached.
What a State , What a country.
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
cheesy who dis one epp?

1 Share

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by AkataYeriYeri: 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yahaya Bello will be re-elected too .
And wailers will wail as usual

2 Likes

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Profkomolafe(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yahya loyalist grin
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by omokiri5(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
Yahaya Bello out!
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by ibkayee(f): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
Lol why did I read this as Matthew Knowles

It’s been a long day
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Cleffunual: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
Yahaya Bello will be re-elected too . And wailers will wail as usual

your name say it all, have sense for a sec yereyi

1 Like

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Iree1(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
God will guide ur steps..... greater height MR SPEAKER
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by DrKKK1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
If you want to stay long as the speaker, never say no to the governor and always do his bidding even at your own risk. I don't like Yeye Bello but Kogi and APC will have to live with him for the next 4years. He is a jagged bone in their throat they can neither vomit nor swallow, and if they do any how it will cause more havoc than they are trying to avoid. Take it or live it, that is the future.
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by ADMAF(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
Awada Keri keri grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
Hmmmm, so much more from Kogi State...its very appalling that the Yourbas in kogi state have not be given a chance as the governor of the state. I think he was reelected as the speaker just by a way of compensation, cos I don't see anything special in that. Kogi state has three major ethnic group. Which are the Yorubas known as Okun, the Egbiras and the Igalas. But since the creation of the state the Igalas has had the major share of the governorship positions. P.S am from Kogi state
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2019
JOHNFBOSCO:
Hmmmm, so much more from Kogi State...its very appalling that the Yourbas in kogi state have not be given a chance as the governor of the state. I think he was reelected as the speaker just by a way of compensation, cos I don't see anything special in that. Kogi state has three major ethnic group. Which are the Yorubas known as Okun, the Egbiras and the Igalas. But since the creation of the state the Igalas has had the major share of the governorship positions. P.S am from Kogi state

Don't worry, Dino Melaye will change that very soon.

1 Like

Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by ShawtCake(f): 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
My PPA! That year
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Okwuuu: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:
Afonja
Re: Matthew Kolawole Re-Elected As Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations to the Speaker. kogi state assembly election was marred with violence and ballot box snatching, so all 25 members are APC. This is what is giving Yahaya Bello courage that he will win. God help us in that state.

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Scanners, Others Break Down / 10,000 PDP, NNPP Members In Kano Dump Atiku, Kwankwaso, Join Tinubu In APC / Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s Wartime Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.