Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Traits Every Good Leader Should Possess By Livingstone Imonitie - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Traits Every Good Leader Should Possess By Livingstone Imonitie (341 Views)

Things Leaders Should Never Do By Livingstone Imonitie / Qualities Of A Great Leader By Livingstone Imonitie / 5 Traits That Will Make Others See You As A Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traits Every Good Leader Should Possess By Livingstone Imonitie by HonSTONE(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
TRAITS EVERY GOOD LEADER SHOULD POSSESS

Everybody defines leadership differently but I really like the way John C. Maxwell defines leadership, “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” Irrespective of how you define a leader, he or she can prove to be a difference maker between success and failure. A good leader has a futuristic vision and knows how to turn his ideas into real-world success stories. In this article, we take an in-depth look at some of the important traits that separate good leaders from a bad one.

1) TRUST AND INTEGRITY:
Who do you think your team members follow you?
It is because they like you or because they trust you?
Nobody will follow you because of your good looks. They will follow you because they trust you. You have to be true to yourself and to them. Never lie or hide anything from your team. Let them see the real you.

Trust takes time to build and once it is broken; it will take a very long time to regain.
Never sell your integrity for a bag of money or a plate of food. Never betray your team.

2) GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
I made mention in my previous article on Leadership that every leader should be a visionary. However, as a leader you should be able to effectively communicate your vision to others.

You need to learn how to express yourself without fear. Make your vision clear to your team. Make them see where the vision is heading to.
The whole point of communication is to make the person you are talking to understand what you are saying. If you cannot do this, then you are just talking and not communicating.

3) CONFIDENCE:
After having the good communication skills, you need confidence. Your team always look up to you. They need to see you strong all the time.
Remember that you are their inspiration. Have a good self-esteem. Know your worth and what you carry. Feel good about yourself.
Even when you are going through a though time, be the shield that guards the realm of men.

When you speak, speak with confidence. When you walk, walk with confidence. Own your stage.
Be their leader. Your confidence and bravery will give them hope.

4) DRESS ETHICS:
Only boys believe dressing is overrated.
Have you heard the saying, “The way you dress is the way you will be addressed”?

As a leader you need to dress well. Have poise in your dressing.
Do not dress like a slave when you are meant to be a king. Your dressing brings out the confidence in you.
There is no second chance for a first impression. Always be at your best.
You are an inspiration to many. You cannot inspire anyone when you do not know dressing etiquette.
Always dress to win.

5) ABILITY TO MOTIVATE OTHERS:
Sometimes, there will be a situation whereby things are not going according to plan. Your team members are tired and some have lost sight of the vision. It is your responsibility as the leader to bring them back on track.

Have you seen the movie- Avengers: End Game?
No…? what are you waiting for?

Let me talk to those that have seen the movie.
Remember when Antman was on Ironman and they were staring at Captain America’s ass? The perfect looking ass. The ass every girl in Hollywood is dying for.
Hey!!! Stop picturing the ass. That’s rude.

Now let me take you back a little. Remember before they went on the “time machine” to go look for the Infinity Stones, Captain America gave a motivational speech and Antman had to acknowledge that the speech was breath-taking. Every leader should be able to do that. You need to motivate your team when the need arises.

Now, let me take you to “Game of Thrones”. Remember the Battle of Blackwater after the King left the battle. It was Tyrion Lannister who was Hand of the King that motivated the armies and led the defense of the city.
Jon Snow is another leader that knows how to motivate his army even though “he knows nothing”.

If you have not seen Game of Thrones also. I give up on you.
What do you do with your spare time?

You can be a great leader too. Your only limitation is your mind-set.

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Software & Excel Training!!! / . / So You Want To Go After Your Dreams? Here Is Curse That Comes With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.