Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass (522 Views)

Banditry: Zamfara Announces Total ‘Lockdown’ In 3 LGAs / Banditry: Zamfara Residents Rejoice Over Removal Of IG Adamu By Buhari / Plateau Killings: Arrest Miyetti Allah Leaders Now - Benue Governor, Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by iwaeda: 9:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Zamfara Governor, Bello Matawalle

Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State on Wednesday met with officials of the Fulani umbrella body, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in his push to end banditry and kidnappings in the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Fulanis are largely blamed for bandit attacks in the state and have been declared persona non grata in some communities.

Matawalle said that the meeting was at the instance of President Muhammad Buhari who directed that all stakeholders be engaged in the search for an end to the criminality.

“You know, I met with President Muhammad Buhari recently over security challenges facing the state.

“Part of the promise I made to Mr President was to meet and discuss with stakeholders on how to end banditry activities in the state, so I’m complying with Mr President directives over his concern for the people.

READ ALSO: Democracy Day: Abiola didn’t deceive Nigerians with hope he could not deliver —Atiku

“The security challenges in Zamfara was my concern even before I became a governor. I thank Allah for giving me the opportunity to lead this state.

“It is very unfortunate; Fulanis were known to be a peace-loving (people). People had good relationships with the Fulanis, and any law-abiding Fulani today is not happy with what is happening in Zamfara and other parts of the country.

“Some bad elements among us are fond of smearing the image of the Fulanis. As I heard in some towns in this state, Fulanis cannot come out, so we want to stop that, we want to carry everyone along.

“As I said during my inauguration, I will not allow extrajudicial killings in this state. I promise to do justice to everyone and ensure the maintenance of law and order.

“We are presenting a bill on death penalty to the state House of Assembly against bandits and their informants (sic).

“I have the plan to import grass seeds from China to be given to Fulanis to enhance feeds for their animals.

“I have various plans to address security challenges in this state through various economic and social services.

“We are going to provide infrastructures to Fulani herders in the state such as hospitals, schools and roads among others”, the governor said.

He, therefore, urged MACABAN to work with the government in seeing to the fruition of the government programmes and in engaging the bandits to repent.

The MACBAN National President, Muhammad Kiruwa, appealed to the state government to involve its members in the Civilian Joint Task Force and Vigilante groups in the state.

(NAN)
https://punchng.com/banditry-zamfara-gov-meets-miyetti-allah-leaders-plans-to-import-grass-from-china/
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by sarrki(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Seriously we allow mediocrity to thrive in the north

1 Like

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
sad Gush! Just imagine what these people are up to.So the Gaddafi-trained, Climate change, antigrazing laws or unscrupulous politicians are no more responsible for the insecurity ravaging the region again?

So importing grass is the solution to the self-inflicted banditary/insurgency that the core north have brought upon itself because of radical religious indoctrination? Meanwhile, how much and how much of grass will this people continue to import
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by Racoon(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
[/s]
None is comparable to the one being shown by your likes here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by stephleena(f): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
sarrki:

Why castigate the people u buttlick?
abi may salary never still show?

1 Like

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by myddmodnabastard: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
I think this is good if it will stop everyday killing and banditry

1 Like

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by sarrki(m): 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
stephleena:

Why castigate the people u buttlick?
abi may salary never still show?

You need to understand there is different in criticizing when necessary and commending when the right thing is done

That’s what we called patriotism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by simonlee(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
sarrki:

I swear Sarrki's NL account has been hacked!

1 Share

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
The people am sharing the sooooooo called country with

NIGERIA IS A HORROR MIND CONTROL CONTRAPTION

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by stephleena(f): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
sarrki:

You need to understand there is different in criticizing when necessary and commending when the right thing is done

That’s what we called patriotism
You're far from being a patriot..
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by rusher14: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
sarrki:

You are a patriot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by Blue3k(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
“I have the plan to import grass seeds from China to be given to Fulanis to enhance feeds for their animals.

“I have various plans to address security challenges in this state through various economic and social services.

“We are going to provide infrastructures to Fulani herders in the state such as hospitals, schools and roads among others”, the governor said.

How much does the state plan to charge for these services? Do you plan on having them start ranching or plan to feed every wandering herdsmen cattle? This just crony capitalism from what I can see.

Id like to read how he plans on addressing security issues. No issue with funding infrastructure just make sure after doing all this you collect adequate taxes these business people.
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by sarrki(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
rusher14:

You are a patriot.

Thank you boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by sarrki(m): 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
stephleena:

You're far from being a patriot..

Definitely to you am not

But to progressive mind I am
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by limeta(f): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
The zoo
Re: Banditry: Zamfara Gov Meets Miyetti Allah Leaders, Plans To Import Grass by iwaeda: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2019
Importing grass from China kwo? Make I mynd my business

(1) (Reply)

Egypt's Ousted President Mohammed Morsi Dies During Trial / Buhari Reveals Killers Of Daughter Of Afenifere Leader,insists It’s Not Herdsmen / Buhari Set To ADDRESS Nigerians Over The State Of The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.