Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,702 members, 7,955,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! (594 Views)

Unboxing D Innjoo 2,the N35,900 Flagship That Wants 2 Compete With D Phantom 5 / Li-fi Gets Ready To Compete With Wi-fi / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! by Mobinga: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
[img]http://1.bp..com/_Fcft4imMtBo/TKaccfJRVvI/AAAAAAAAABQ/wWzEBlKLcuE/s200/mtn-logo.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/_Fcft4imMtBo/TKacZX7rt1I/AAAAAAAAABI/37ysRfv0AZY/s200/mainone.jpg[/img]

I Perceive, Think, Believe and I'm convinced about the Internet revolution which is about to sweep our continent Africa, clean with access to cheap and mega fast Internet and Data Access. This revolution might have commenced months back without me noticing but for the launch of MainOne submarine cables by Ms Opeke and her MainOneCompany Team in July, 2010. MainOne is a Fiber Optic Submarine Cable, which is about 14000KM long from Lagos to Europe with a data capacity of 1.92TerraGigaBit Per Sec. Before I could settle with the wao-ing data capacity, Globacom Launch hers GLO-1 (All of them sha want to be the ONE, MainOne, Glo-1). Both Sub Marine cables have approximately same capacity along same stretch and approximate investment cost of $700,000,000 (N 107,800,000,000, 107.8 Billion Naira). These are huge investments. While Glo 1 and Main 1 are just commencing the battle for market share, MTN came up with her Press releases revealing plans to launch West Africa Cable System WACS, which is basically like the other two and investment also approximately the same cost. You see, at this time of our lives we have 3 * $700,000,000 investment in a market, which is about, wait my calculator is processing the figures,
N 323, 400, 000,000. No hunter will Shoot in the Forest For Fun, There's is a game to catch. These investors have seen their own game and they will aim to regain their capitals back using all forms of market analysis, 'paralysis' and tricks, or else Owo Ti Jo E-Nor (Money Got Burnt). One of the competitive factor will be price and We Nigerians trust Bull (Don Nuga) and his Glo Team, they will slash the cost of sweet internet access and bandwidth to almost nothing. Main1 will sure not carry last and MTN's WACS will compete to lead. The Competition will be fierce and we consumers will be the one to benefit. This is the case of 3 Elephants are fighting in competition and the People Enjoy!

Now to the KOKO of my perception, I am thinking, Is this not what Jeff Bezos saw before he started his AMAZON company? I believe business opportunities for new Bezos in AFRICA is underway, and I pray our generation, including U and I, identify, utlilize, gain make return these investment opportunities. In fact I am searching my brain on ideas to execute. Not afraid to share them, Imagine an e-commerce site which sells goods for outlets like SHOP-RITE, BuyMore (BuyMoria), ADIDE, COSCHARIS, RENTNG, and other producers. U know something like An E-Retail Outlet say an online WALMART, or should dub it AKMART (From Akinbayo Mart), or XPORIA . We, liase with the producers and sell their products online. Once a request is made U order the producer to ship to the buyer. Infact I am thinking U can display wat you have without having to buy the goods. When a Buyer makes his purchase, U help use his money to buy direct from the Producer and ship to him.
I am thinking Just Maybe AkMart will Take the African Market from Amazon.

I'd like you to critic this and help build it to a business model and plan. I am so sure u will get you own share of the N323.4 Billion by doing so.

I hope you get my thot!!!

http://wunmixp..com/

cool
Re: Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! by WackyJ1(m): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
See big irony. I thougt it was when elephants fight, the grass suffers.
Re: Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! by Mobinga: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2010
When 3 big companies compete to lead in a certain industry, the consumers will enjoy. . . .
Economics 301 : The lower the price the higher the demand. i.e price and demand are inversely proportional when it comes to consumers. cool

Don't tell me thats the only thing you got from that note sad cool
Re: Telecompetition : When 3 Elephants Compete, The People Enjoy! by WackyJ1(m): 8:09am On Oct 03, 2010
knew that already just pointing out the irony in that and the topic name. smiley

(1) (Reply)

3d 2010 Soccer For Nokia / N95 Symbian Hpone For Sale! / What Do I Stand To Gain/lose By Subscribing To Zain Internet Modem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.