Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? (2685 Views)

WAEC Verification No Longer Needed For WES / How To Pay For WES / How To Send WAEC Results To WES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by AdimGreat(f): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
I'm currently evaluating my ESUT degree certificate with WES. The application for Transcript from ESUT costs N35,000 to send to WES.

Now, upon receipt, WES will send an email to the school to verify the transcript sent to them. If I'm correct, ESUT is expected to respond to this request via email, which will cost them nothing! Ironically, ESUT is requesting for another payment of the sum of N35,000 to respond to this email.

I can't seem to justify the rationale behind this exorbitant cost. This is a total rip off.

So please Nairaland people, what is your own experience with WES evaluation of degrees obtained in a Nigerian institution? How much did your school charge to complete the whole process?
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by Plaitex(f): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Just when I thought that this whole ECA thingy is too expensive, now this. Please who has tried sending a transcript from OAU. HOW did it go and hiw much in total was spent
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by salford: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
Laws of demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by iaatmguy(m): 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Plaitex:
Just when I thought that this whole ECA thingy is too expensive, now this. Please who has tried sending a transcript from OAU. HOW did it go and hiw much in total was spent
please direct your query to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/168
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by magd: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow!!! 35k is too expensive. Verification for unilag is free while UI charges 5k
AdimGreat:
I'm currently evaluating my ESUT degree certificate with WES. The application for Transcript from ESUT costs N35,000 for them to send to WES.

Now, upon receipt, WES will send an email to the school to verify the transcript sent to them. If I'm correct, ESUT is expected to respond to this request via email, which cost them nothing! Ironically, ESUT is now requesting I make another payment of N35,000 for them respond to this email.

I can't seem to justify the rationale behind this exorbitant cost. This is a total rip off.

So please Nairaland people, what is your own experience with WES evaluation of degrees obtained in a Nigerian institution? How much did your school charge to complete the whole process?
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by Plaitex(f): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 14, 2019
AdimGreat:
I'm currently evaluating my ESUT degree certificate with WES. The application for Transcript from ESUT costs N35,000 for them to send to WES.

Now, upon receipt, WES will send an email to the school to verify the transcript sent to them. If I'm correct, ESUT is expected to respond to this request via email, which cost them nothing! Ironically, ESUT is now requesting I make another payment of N35,000 for them respond to this email.

mine charged me 50 dols. It shall not be well with them
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by chidozy15(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2019
Hello house,

Please I need some help. I've been trying to pay for the WES evaluation report for about a month now but it hasn't been going through. Tried all my cards and the others available to me, no luck.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

I can transfer the full amount to anyone who can make the payment for me.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Why Are Nigeria Universities Charging Exorbitant Fees For WES Verification? by miccodsta: 7:39am On Mar 18, 2021
Good Day All,

I will like to inform you that ALL Nigerian banks are not allowed to send money to corporate body outside the country (e.g WES).

I can help you to pay, with utmost transparency, by showing you the exchange rate for the day.

I do charge #5,000 a service charge for any amount you are paying.

It will reflect within 5mins.

You can call or whatsapp me on +2348132683364

Service charge is not negotiable.

Attached are some of the evidence.

I am a man with prestige, you can check for my name on google (ADELERE MICHAEL ADEKUNLE)

WORRYLESS.... PAYING HAS BEEN MADE EASY, contact me for any money you are paying outside NIGERIA.

(1) (Reply)

Can 2 Million Budget Take Me To Canada???? / Anambra: Drone pictures Of Some Locations / Were You Refused A Visa @ The Uk Embassy? Treat Ur Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.