Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable (1807 Views)

Five Cowries Terminal: Lagos Jetty - Water Transportation (Video, Photos) / Lagos Begins Commercial Water Transportation, As Sanwo-Olu Launches Speed Boats / Water Transportation: Lagos State Govt Acquires New Ferries - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
This is not a sponsored post and neither has GOkada or Lagos Boats paid for this post but we will do our best to keep the public informed. Early this week, AutoReportNG broke the news that GOkada and Lagos Boats teamed up to form GBoats which is a combination of GOkada and Lagos Boats. The issue of traffic may finally be going down now as GBoats starts work!

Lagos Boats is a luxury and private cruise company located in Victoria Island, Lagos. They have in their client base celebrities, politicians and other well to do who make use of their services as they provide luxury, comfort, and security to their client using their services.

Today, the GBoats team unveiled their operation to the public and they are starting on the Island axis for now. They are starting off with Lekki, Ikoyi and Victoria Island at a cheap price of #200 naira but this time around, no African time! Once its time to leave, the boat won't waste a minute, riders are enjoined to be timely and get to the location on time. Also, the GBoats team is offering 80% discount when you purchase your tickets ahead of time. This discount also includes a free drink during the ride! One time offer only.

These are their jetties for now...

Lekki - Pavilion Jetty, Admiralty Way, Lekki.
Victoria Island - Paradise Jetty, Walter Carrington Crescent.
Ikoyi - Five Cowries Creek Terminal, Falomo Roundabout, Ikoyi.

Lagos Boats is an expert when it comes to boat cruising business in Nigeria and with GOkada, we can only wish for the best!

These are images AutoReportNG got from the unveiling, we hope more routes, especially to the mainland zone, will be added as they progress in the business.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FCGAVIeMt7I/XQJFKKOJiBI/AAAAAAAAcg0/Uefg3njhxZ0uh8Z7COy3fdcfQYNLI6pcACLcBGAs/s1600/D863xN0WkAAq2eT.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-IigXF_4Popc/XQJFNP85F8I/AAAAAAAAcg4/bbQJW1bb03s5nhlKIZd8jCwZ12IaDgXUACLcBGAs/s1600/D82dq-jWsAAnXs7.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-5S8_2-U5-hg/XQJFRhffjNI/AAAAAAAAchA/EEdAsW1-iBUprBt5OYu7UvfTaRpVQAc2ACLcBGAs/s1600/D87NqCwXkAAlO_i.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-djVXchHFedo/XQJGhhoagRI/AAAAAAAAchc/VYjwCtUIzGcGMmJEp7L7kKE52wdzzOgvACLcBGAs/s1600/D812alWXYAAt8yl.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-jzCoQ56gu4Y/XQJFSGyKklI/AAAAAAAAchE/V_qLcOaC6K0w8FaX6fXgZYCjZAnOwk4HwCLcBGAs/s1600/D87NqC2WkAAyCRw.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/gokadas-water-transportation-gboats.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

1 Like

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
Whats your take?
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by netpro(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice one. Nigeria's development will be actualized and sustained through Government-Private sector partnership.

Kudos Gboat and LASG.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by meccuno: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice one .
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
80% of businesses is just focused on lekki/ikoyi/VI. It’s just tiring. Even on IG, it’s all lekki lekki lekki.

Op do you have any idea when those boats will traverse other Lagos waterways?
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
mrAMG2:
80% of businesses is just focused on lekki/ikoyi/VI. It’s just tiring. Even on IG, it’s all lekki lekki lekki.

You need to understand the Bariga jetty which was commissioned recently by Mr. Ambode is yet to start operation, the Marina jetty is not too cool I guess thats why they shifted to VI due to proximity. So far, they seem to have pact with Lagos State Government and so they can't go outside the contract signed.

Until LASG opens Ikorodu, Epe and Bariga, they can't expand just like that

At the bolden part... They will traverse between Lekki, Ikoyi and VI... I guess they are studying the development and will do the needful later on

1 Like

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by afroniger: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Fantastic. Maybe later they should consider ferrying vehicles as well. As an added service. grin

2 Likes

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
We need this in Benin. There was one water transportation that can carry people from Edo to Lagos state.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
tongue Nigeria will only get better.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by olujastro: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
AutoReportNG:

You need to understand the Bariga jetty which was commissioned recently by Mr. Ambode is yet to start operation, the Marina jetty is not too cool I guess thats why they shifted to VI due to proximity. So far, they seem to have pact with Lagos State Government and so they can't go outside the contract signed.

At the bolden part... They will traverse between Lekki, Ikoyi and VI... I guess they are studying the development and will do the needful later on
From the timetable, it looks like public transport. However, from the routes, it looks like a boat cruise along Five Cowries Creek.
I don't see why workers need boats to and from Lekki, Ikoyi and VI. There are operational jetties at CMS, Ikorodu, Ajah, Apapa, Mile 2, etc.
Major routes for real public transport that will convey workers should be routes like Ikorodu-Lekki-CMS, Ajah-Lekk-VI, CMS-Lekki, Mile 2-Apapa-CMS, etc.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
olujastro:

From the timetable, it looks like public transport. However, from routes, it looks like a boat cruise along Five Cowries Creek.
I don't see why workers need boats to and Lekki, Ikoyi and VI. There are operational jetties at CMS, Ikorodu, Ajah, Mile 2, etc.

True but you need to know that they are working with LASWA which is Lagos State Government, CMS, Mile 2 I think, I am not too sure is controlled by the FG... I am not too sure on this.

They are just starting, they will be over the internet reading feedbacks and suggestions. Today is just day 1. Lots of bridge to pass.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Amuocha: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
Lalasticlala would be so excited with this portfolio shocked shocked shocked

Does GOkada have GPS undecided

Would GoOkada run during rainy season undecided
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by ifyalways(f): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
The routes looks like a joke and if its aimed at reducing traffic its hilarious.

I expected to see ikorodu to VI, Ajah to VI etc .

1 Like

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
ifyalways:
The routes looks like a joke and if its aimed at reducing traffic its hilarious.

Of course this can't be their only routes, being the first time, more routes will be added later on... I can't wait to see Ikorodu, Mile 2 and other places come on board... The stress these folks pass through daily is enough to kill
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by ifyalways(f): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Of course this can't be their only routes, being the first time, more routes will be added later on... I can't wait to see Ikorodu, Mile 2 and other places come on board... The stress these folks pass through daily is enough to kill
True.

Fingers crossed.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Alright sir.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:27am On Jun 14, 2019
Beninempire:
We need this in Benin. There was one water transportation that can carry people from Edo to Lagos state.

there are boats that transport people to n from but mostly on trading and fishing with fish market places like Liverpool ,ejirin and epe
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by Aldebaran(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2019
Good
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2019
mrAMG2:

I think this is just for starters. The traffic in that axis is horrible during the day. You can spend almost 2 hours just trying to get to Ikoyi from Lekki on a weekday, while taking the Ozumba Mbadiwe route in V/I.

Gradually, they would expand to other areas. If they start the V/I to Mile 2 route, it would be a huge relief for commuters.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2019
ifyalways:

Madam, the routes are not a joke. shocked If you have ever been caught in the horrible traffic on Lekki expressway, or on Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue trying to get to Ikoyi, you would bless Gokada for this initiative. Now, you can take a 10-minute boat ride to avoid the traffic. undecided

I have spent 3 hours from Oniru to Bonny Camp in V/I before, on a weekday, sweating and cursing inside the hold-up. There was no accident or obstruction. It was just Danfo drivers and other car drivers behaving as if they had left thier brains in the gutter, because the road was blocked. sad

If you work on that Lekki-V/I-Ikoyi axis, and you transverse that road like 5 times a day during the week, you will understand the traffic madness that rules on that highway. angry

olujastro:

From the timetable, it looks like public transport. However, from the routes, it looks like a boat cruise along Five Cowries Creek.
I don't see why workers need boats to and from Lekki, Ikoyi and VI. There are operational jetties at CMS, Ikorodu, Ajah, Apapa, Mile 2, etc.
Major routes for real public transport that will convey workers should be routes like Ikorodu-Lekki-CMS, Ajah-Lekk-VI, CMS-Lekki, Mile 2-Apapa-CMS, etc.

You don't see why workers need boats to and from Ikoyi to Lekki and V/I, simply because you have not encountered the traffic and congestion that is a daily feature on that road, every day of the week.

It can take 45 minutes to 1 hour to navigate that route on a good day with minimal traffic, while it takes 2-3 hours on a bad day. Try it and see.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:
This is not a sponsored post and neither has GOkada or Lagos Boats paid for this post but we will do our best to keep the public informed. Early this week, AutoReportNG broke the news that GOkada and Lagos Boats teamed up to form GBoats which is a combination of GOkada and Lagos Boats. The issue of traffic may finally be going down now as GBoats starts work!

Lagos Boats is a luxury and private cruise company located in Victoria Island, Lagos. They have in their client base celebrities, politicians and other well to do who make use of their services as they provide luxury, comfort, and security to their client using their services.

Today, the GBoats team unveiled their operation to the public and they are starting on the Island axis for now. They are starting off with Lekki, Ikoyi and Victoria Island at a cheap price of #200 naira but this time around, no African time! Once its time to leave, the boat won't waste a minute, riders are enjoined to be timely and get to the location on time. Also, the GBoats team is offering 80% discount when you purchase your tickets ahead of time. This discount also includes a free drink during the ride! One time offer only.

These are their jetties for now...

Lekki - Pavilion Jetty, Admiralty Way, Lekki.
Victoria Island - Paradise Jetty, Walter Carrington Crescent.
Ikoyi - Five Cowries Creek Terminal, Falomo Roundabout, Ikoyi.

I was at Pavilion in Lekki Phase 1 early this week. Nobody had seen or heard anything about GBoat service, being promoted by Gokada. I sent them a message on Facebook. No response. shocked

What is it with the hype, if they can't provide the service they advertised from Lekki? Yuk! angry

And to think I was one of those commending them earlier, for this initiative.... cry
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
afroniger:
Fantastic. Maybe later they should consider ferrying vehicles as well. As an added service. grin

They should just deploy this boat from Marina to Mile 2, before going further to land at Badagry. They will make lots of money, as too many people will use it to escape the traffic on that axis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
laudate:

I was at Pavilion in Lekki Phase 1 early this week. Nobody had seen or heard anything about GBoat service, being promoted by Gokada. I sent them a message on Facebook. No response. shocked

What is it with the hype, if they can't provide the service they advertised from Lekki? Yuk! angry

And to think I was one of those commending them earlier, for this initiative.... cry

Thats weird... send a tweet to @lagosboats and @gboatng
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Thats weird... send a tweet to @lagosboats and @gboatng
I don't get it, o! shocked Why advertise a boat service with fanfare, yet it is not even running?

If I sent them a message on Facebook and they didn't respond, how am I sure they would respond on Twitter? They didn't even respond when I sent an enquiry to their WhatsApp business number. Ok, let me try your Twitter suggestion, and see what happens.
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by AutoReportNG: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
laudate:

I don't get it, o! shocked Why advertise a boat service with fanfare, yet it is not even running?

If I sent them a message on Facebook and they didn't respond, how am I sure they would respond on Twitter? They didn't even respond when I sent an enquiry to their WhatsApp business number. Ok, let me try your Twitter suggestion, and see what happens.

They have started actually, I saw some pictures of people using their boats but its weird on their part... Too bad if I must say!
Re: GOkada's Water Transportation, GBoats Begins Operation And Its Affordable by laudate: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:
They have started actually, I saw some pictures of people using their boats but its weird on their part... Too bad if I must say!
Not in Lekki, o! Nobody in Lekki knows what jetty, they operate from, and there are no signs or notices to indicate any such thing at Pavilion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

International Passport Production Is Taking Too Long, HELP!!! / Study Permit For Graduate Certificate - Canada / Beware Of Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.