Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Amina - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Amina (3257 Views)

Amina Mama Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday Today / Seductive Amina / Re-enactment Of Queen Amina The Female Warrior By Children At Owerri (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina by Devilpen(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
From Prime Insane Universe
Chapter One:..... A small of group people, with clothes wrapped around their faces to shield their nose from the sand of the desert from causing them discomfort, a cart that followed behind, pulled by two horses.
Their legs dipped into the sands and they struggled to remove it, as soon as possible to avoid the hotness of the sand, due to the hot sun.
Ahead was still a vast empty space filled with sand, the more they proceed the more larger it became.
Wailing sound of children could be heard from the cart that pulled behind the group.
"These Children cry is become hard for me to cope with" The man that lead the group said and alighted his horse, and walked towards the cart.
The total number the group consisted of was seven, all heavily built men.
The Man angrily hit his stick against the iron cart, and immediately the children kept quiet, only few tried to subdue their tears.
"If your parents had taken care of you, you wouldn't become a victim" He said with a very odd accent that didn't sound English enough.
Among the children, was a girl who looked deadly at the man, her face was covered with her long hairs, but her eyes could ev be easily seen.
"Why do you stare at me that way, hey you" The man said and poked the girl with his stick.
She squirmed, moving bavkward with her bottom, and still gave the man a cold stare
"That look won't kill me, a mansion in Lagos, and a good Toyota muscle, your beauty alone beats others here, you will make a good deal" He said, the clothe aroubd his face, showed he smiled.
"What's your name? " The man asked
"Amina" the girl replied the man boldly.
The Man scoffed and walked back and climbed on his horse.
"We'll get there before noon" He said to his company and continued through the desert

TBC
Read more at
www.iuprime..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
----
Amina stood by the busy road side, running after every passer by with her plastic bowl in her hands, she had on her legs a tattered slippers, that was ruggedly torn, her clothes barely covered her body, hanging loosely from her collar bones, her hairs roughly plaited on her head.
Her captor has successfully sold her to a man who bargained seriously for her, he later brought her to join other children about her age, in a large enclosed compound, which was a bit far from the main city.
"Aunty please, brother please" She said putting her bowl forward to those that passed, at times she would hold tight to their clothes, other logged head passerby would at times smack her hard on her hand, to let go off her.
Amina stood still, seeing three little children her age mate, dressed neatly, wearing the same clothes with blue top and black skirt with their school bags on their bag.
"Don't go near that girl, she looks odd" A girl in group said, walking away as fast as her legs could carry her.
Amina looked at them, knowing fully well it wasn't their fault, and broke into tears. Something heavy was suddenly placed on her heart, she felt nature had cheated her, she felt life was not fair to her, she felt dejected

Tbc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amina by moseph(f): 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
following
Re: Amina by Bobosneh: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
I don land gidigba make I start to dey follow bumper to bumper or should I say bumper to fenther lol. person no even know the kind english wey him go dey talk again now
Re: Amina by AndreIsKing: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
Observing
Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
----
A lanky man stood before a reasonable large number of kids, with whip in his hands, his whitish beards on his skinny face, made the angry expression on his face much more devilish, looking from one row to another, he slightly adjusted his round cap on his head and twitched his mouth.
“Where is Amina?” He asked and flipped the whip, making it lash into the air.
The children stood frightened, and had puzzled looks on their face.
“I ask again, where is Amina?” This time with a lot more commanding tone.
The door that led to the yard came open as another lanky man walked in, and gestured to the man with the whip to come closer.
“Mallam Yisa” He said and waited till he got nearer and spoke. “Amina ran away, she didn’t return with the other kids, and you know that spells lot of trouble for us, especially you” He said and looked at the scary expression on Mallam Yisa’s face.
“She does not know her way around, hunt her down and kill her” Mallam Yisa said “I don’t want any kid to spoil business for me or bring the law on me” He added and walked back to the kids.
----
----
Amina folded her arms together around her chest, the freezing cold of the night, wasn’t helping matters, She stopped and sat down beside a dust bin container, then stood up again and began searching for what to eat in it, hoping luck would shine on her. After what seemed like eternity, she finally made out something to eat and didn’t hesitate before putting it in her mouth, anything to suppress the hunger.
“Hey you” a thick voice suddenly said behind her, making her drop the junk with her and gripped with fear, she slowly turned to face the person that spoke.
“Are you okay” the man asked and slowly walked towards her, and removed his police cap and knelt down before her.
“Are you lost?” He asked again and placed his hands on Amina’s shoulder
Amina stood motionless, she couldn’t find the courage to reply to any of the question.
“Come” he said and carried her on his arms.\
---
Amina felt her body on soft material, she slowly opened her eyes, only to see herself in a little cozy room, well furnished, the interior design was mind blowing, she got off the bed and slowly opened the door. She stood for some minutes, before advancing, towards the stairs.
“Do you know anything about her?”
Amina heard the voice and stood still.
“No, she is probably a victim of Almajiri” Another voice spoke out again.
Amina finally got to the end of the stairs and looked at both the man and woman.
“Good morning” She greeted with no particular expression on her face.
The man looking startled looked at Amina and slowly walked up to her.
“Morning” He said and handed her the cup of tea with him.
“Thank you, but I don’t take sugar” Amina replied and pushed back the tea cup slowly.
“Uhnm” The man said looking surprised and found his voice track again.
“I’m Makinde, a detective” He replied and pointed to the woman “That’s my wife”
Amina looked at her and smiled, before locking her hands into each other.
“Sit” He said, ushering Amina to the only red cushion chair in the living room. And continued.
“Yester night what happened”
“I ran off the Almajiri home, I was trafficked into this city, after my village was invaded by armed men, they sold us to slave traders that later sold us in the city” Amina replied and clinched tight to her stomach.
“You’re hungry” Detective Makinde’s wife said, with a smile on her face, and walked towards the kitchen door.
---
Mallam Yisa, entered into the NPF and walked straight to the officer on duty, he smiled at the lady, revealing his brown set of teeth, probably stained by too much tobacco or smoking.
“I want to report a case of a missing girl”

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Amina by Ann2012(f): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Seat claimed
Re: Amina by toyhin123(f): 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Following
Re: Amina by tunjilee003: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Following
Re: Amina by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 18, 2019
Following
Re: Amina by Bobosneh: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2019
another block buster
Re: Amina by skubido(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2019
Dey ur back
Re: Amina by beajhea(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Amina by ausyn(m): 4:22am On Jun 19, 2019
I dey your back bro
Re: Amina by Hardes(m): 5:18am On Jun 20, 2019
following
Re: Amina by Twenty47(m): 6:26am On Jun 21, 2019
Nice story op.. Following
Re: Amina by Twenty47(m): 6:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Nice story op.. Following
Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2019
Detective Makinde, slowly opened the file, studying the case while leaning on the counter
“alright sir, can you describe the girl” The Lady said now concentrating on Mallam Yisa.
“Dark in complexion, blue eyes, 13 years, she has an average body weight” Mallam Yisa said constantly rolling his eyes, trying to get the perfect description.
Detective Makinde raised his head up, to have a better look at Mallam Yisa, he studied Mallam Yisa taking note of his description and his looks, and then looked at the Lady who was busy jotting down the description Mallam Yisa gave her.
“Alright Mallam, we’ll be needing 24hours before we can get to work on this case” The lady said calmly
“24 hours is too much, I will pay any amount for you to begin search immediately” Mallam Yisa said feeling unease.
“I will take the case” Detective Makinde said and slid the file with him to the lady.
“Sir, this case will certainly bring your promotion, why this one of a missing girl” The lady asked feeling confused.
“You can take up this case, you need promotion better than I do” He said and then faced Mallam Yisa
“I will begin today, I know there is more to this case, my instinct tells me child slavery” Detective Makinde said and smiled at Mallam Yisa.
Mallam Yisa tried faking a smile, and over did it, he widely opened all his teeth, exposing how burnt they were and stretched his hands for a handshake
“Follow me” Detective Makinde said and continued “I still have questions of my own to ask” He said and lead the way to his personal office.
----
----
Mrs Makinde parked her car at the hospital parking space and helped Amina pull off her seat belt and they both alighted the car.
“Sit here” She said to Amina pointing her to an empty seat in the hospital’s reception, she greeted the nurses and entered into one of the office. After about thirty minutes she came out again, this time with a sad face. She signaled to Amina to follow her and walked directly to her car, she placed her head on the steering, sighed heavily and brought out her phone, and placed it on her ear.
“Honey, it happened again” She said and busted into tears, she noticed the curious look on Amina’s face and slowly wiped her tears
“Don’t worry, all is well” Mrs Makinde said, looking at Amina and tried putting up a smile on her face “Let’s get you better clothes from the boutique” She said and ignited her car.
----
---
Amina laid her bed neatly, swept the room and slowly laid on the bed, feeling the softness, then she heard the gate open and a car drove in, she peeped from the window and saw it was Mr. Makinde and she immediately bolted out of the room to welcome him.
Detective Makinde, made himself fall hard on the chair and sighed lightly, he looked at his wife and the at Amina, who handed him a cup of chilled water she brought from the fridge.
“Thank you” He said and smiled at her, he wondered how Amina nature was overwhelming, someone from the Almajiri home.
“Amina, please go to your room, I have something to discuss with him” Mrs Makinde said slowly and sat down opposite her husband.
“She can stay, this matter also affects her, if she will be staying with us” Mr Makinde replied..
“Well” Mrs Makinde said and gave a long pause “I had another miscarriage” She said and broke into tears, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.
Mr Makinde walked up to her, sat near her and placed her head on his chest, and slowly patted her on the shoulder.
“Maybe its not the right time yet, we are medically fit, so you should not worry about little issues like this” He said trying to be supportive
“Let me worry, five years now, I still don’t have one to call a child, even if it died a week after birth, it would have been better than not having at all” She said this time sobbing loudly.
“Shhhhh, all is well, we just have to try again, and also be prayerful, nothing is going to make me leave you, we will both fight this together” He said and after hours of consoling she finally got comforted.
“One Mallam Yisa came to report a missing girl at the station today, the description perfectly matches Amina” He said and looked at her.
“He is the one” Amina said and looked another direction
“You have to go back” Detective Makinde said with a sad tone.
“Are you serious, let her go back to that monster and continue to beg on the street, only God knows what he is going to do to her, if she goes back” Mrs Makinde shouted at the top of her voice.
“You know how this country runs, only the powerful rules, and this man has links to top people in this country” He blurted out and stood to his feet, “Trying to put this man to justice is like a suicide mission” He said and walked out of the living room.
“Amina, go to your room, he is only scared, we will resolve this tomorrow”.
----
Tbc

4 Likes

Re: Amina by Mielekcezylil(m): 10:51am On Jun 22, 2019
You are trying oh devilpen
Re: Amina by Ann2012(f): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Amina by Twenty47(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2019
Nice one op
Re: Amina by skubido(m): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Haaa, go back ke, no ooooooo
Re: Amina by Hardes(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
me been dey think say this detective Na wan James Bond.see as in wan chicken out
Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Detective makinde sighed sitting at the edge of the bed, his wife beside him.
"It's normal to be scared, but there is solution to everything " Mrs Makinde said and placed her left hand on his shoulder.
"How?, I thought of playing hard until I discovered the Man was harder"
"Play your role and investigate, I know how to keep the girl safe, even in plain sight" Mrs Makinde said reassuring her husband and gently laid on the bed, as her husband looked at her confused as at how confident his wife was.
----
A knock came at Amina's door the next day, the door slowly came opened, and Mrs Makinde walked in,She sat on the bed, feeling impressed by how neat Amina had kept the room.
"Good news, you are staying, but we have to do something, hope you don't mind, if your hair is on low cut and God knows I love those set of blue eyes, but we will be needing to change them" She said, smiling at Amina.
Amina wiped off the tears that trickled down her face and walked up to Mrs Makinde and suddenly hugged her tight, it seemed she would break Mrs Makinde's bone into pieces.
"You're welcome"
"Thanks mom" Amina said and slowly released the hug.
---
Detective Makinde opened the piece of paper with him, looked at it and threw it at the dashboard of his car and took a right turn, he drove for another three minutes before he alighted his car and put on a blue face cap, and continued down the street. He felt someone pull his cloth from behind and he looked back only to see a little boy in tattered clothes and stretching out a bowl to him, he looked for a while and dipped his hands in his pocket retrieving a fifty naira bite and dropped it in the bowl, the boy smiled and brought out a picture from his pocket and stretched it to her.
Detective Makinde sighed in seeing Amina's picture with the boy, he looked at the boy again and nodded before walking off.
---
Mrs Makinde opened the medium size shopping back and brought out different stuffs from it one after the other.
"Here, this is a contact lens, black, make sure this is always on your eyes, we'll change it every month" She said and helped Amina fix the lenses into her eyes
"Go and take your bath, get those trimmed hair off you, freshen up and try on you uniform, we'll get ready for school tomorrow" She said and continued to return the clothes into the bag and handed the over to Amina.
"Remember, your name has been changed, at least for the main time, till Mallam Yisa is brought to justice" She said and watched as Amina walked up the stairs to her room.
Mrs Makinde retrieved her phone from her bag and dialled her husband's number.
"Hello hun " She said and paused for a while and continued "Good job, the serial killer case is now done for, hope your partner is doing fine" She paused putting up a smile on her face.
"well, my friend who is a nurse did the birth certificate and I already got her a local government of origin certificate also, yes, I trimmed her hair, bought her contact lenses, and please do well not to call her Amina in public better still anywhere, I changed her name to Moyosola, please come home safe, love you" Mrs Makinde said and hanged up the phone.

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mallam Yisa, sat on his bed, and sighed out, feeling uncomfortable, he stood up again and dialed a number on his phone.
"Hello Detective please I need to see you personally, I'll drop by your home, text me the address" He said and began dressing up.
---
A car drove right into Detective Makinde's compound, opening the window curtain, Mr Makinde sighed and signalled to his wife.
"Go to your room" He said to Amina and went out to meet Mallam Yisa.
---
"Detective, I admire you, I've gone through your records, captivating I must confess, that's why I need your help, about something my quite different frombthe missing girl" Mallam Yisa said and grab the cup of juice that he was served and sipped from it.
"Which is " Detective Makinde replied, sitting down comfortably before Mallam Yisa.
"I need you to free someone, one of my boys, you see I could have easily gone to your superiors, but I don't trust any of them" Mallam Yisa said and smiled
"Huhn, that will be difficult Sir, I don't do such"
Malam Yisa adjusted himself and was about talking when a loud thud came from above
"Hope am safe? " Mallam Yisa asked smiling.
"That's probably my daughter " Mr Makinde replied and caught the suspicious look on Mallam Yisa's face.
"Let's stop there, you have my number, let me know when you are ready, 2 million naira" Mallam Yisa said and stood up and took his leave.
---
Mallam Yisa, ignited his car and off it again, and brought out his phone and dialled a number
"Ibrahim, it is as I suspected, I had access to the detective file, it said he has no child till present, but suddenly he know has a grown daughter, I suspect it's Amina, he knows about us, this job is for you, end thier miserable life and bring back the girl" He said and looked outside the car, his eyes meeting directly with Detective Makinde's own he smiled then put his car in reverse.

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Amina by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
Interesting
Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2019
-----
Mr Makinde sighed and went up to Amina's room, he saw Amina looking at the window, as the Mallam drove out.
"Hey, are you okay" He asked standing still at the door post.
"I only pity the children, in his trap" She said and sat on the bed.
"Gather your things, we are relocating" He said and went to her wardrobe and got her travelling bag from above, and b egg an helping her gather her clothes.
"Dad, am sorry to ask, but why? " She asked.
"I will explain while we go" He said and ran down stairs again
"Honey, gather the things you need, let's leave town for the main time." He said and ran into his own room and came out again with little bag.
---
He opened the booth of his car and helped them put the bag in, while Mrs Makinde sat at the front seat and Amina at the back seat of the car.
He wasted no time and drove out of the compound.
"Hello Sir, he just drove out of the compound, you can now proceed on your own part" A man in dark glasses made the call and quickly entered into his own car, and followed in hot pursuit after Mr. Makinde.
"That car, I know it" Amina suddenly said realising what was happening.
"We are being followed, I know where police check point are, I will drive them there it will be safer" Mr Makinde said and increased the speed of his car, not minding as the car entered into the galloped road and splashing mud water on passerby
The blue car that followed behind, did same also, making people curse them angrily
Mr. Makinde looked at the rear mirror, only to see the car was no where in sight, and drove into the highway, after minutes of driving, he saw a road block ahead, and felt relieved.
He halted the car and got Down only for his face to meet against the brutal force of a gun, and he leaned on his car, as blood oozed from his face.
"We have apprehended the detective, the girl is in the car and the wife, we are bringing them in"
Mrs Makinde screamed out loudly, confused as at what really happened, while Amina froze where she sat. She quickly squeezed her self tothe drive seat and reversed the car.
"Suspect is getting away" A policeman shouted and shot his gun at the car. Detective Makinde, jumped on the one shooting and had him and uppercut on the face, another police officer shoot Detective Makinde on the left leg, making him scream out loudly and fall to the ground, groaning in pain.
"Calm, calm, the corrupt system is at it again, framing every innocent being" She said as tears rolled Down her cheeks, a car came crashing at her own from behind, making her sway the steering uncontrollable, she had herpes on the brakes and suddenly the car tumbled and rolled off the bridge, straight into the lagoon that was beneath.
The police car the came behind halted, and two police officer alighted, looking down from the bridge.
"Tell them the kidnappers were killed while one was caught and the girl retrieved " one said and walked back to his car.

Tbc

1 Like

Re: Amina by Mielekcezylil(m): 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
Typical Naija police way of press information,
Re: Amina by skubido(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2019
Hmmmmm

Thanks for the update
Re: Amina by Ann2012(f): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2019
Movement 00PRIME
Detective Makinde felt uncomfortable zipcuffed to the chair he sat on, his hands behind him, he knew he wasn't anywhere around a station
"Officer" A familiar voice called out.
"Mallam" He replied and raised his head up, the only light that illuminated the room was a halogen lamp standing some few steps away from him, which was also between him and Mallam Yisa.
"Die you think you could outsmart me, I have been in this business even Allah knows it's my way" Mallam Yisa shouted and bent before the lamp.
"What if my wife and the girl" Detective Makinde asked, feeling exhausted.
"Dead, you see, the car went down into a place of no return"
"Bastard" The detective shouted shaking YHE chair vigorously to free himself, and stopped when he was finally exhausted, sobbing silently
"One lesson, in this country, only the wise survive, you see detective among all police officers I have met, you are probably the foolish one I have met"
"Kill me, my life is empty " He said still sobbing.
"That'll be mercy, I have arranged kirikiri for you, money rules the mouth of anybody" Mallam Yisa said and turned to take his leave.
"Kill me now, you might regret it and wish you had strangled me to death"
Mallam Yisa chuckled and spoke
"Even money can keep death silent" He said and walked out..
the End......
Amina will return...
Support Project 00Prime.. just download our mobile app...
#teamprime

Re: Amina by Devilpen(m): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
Support the project.... download the app Mobile app

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Writers Underpaid In Nigeria. / The First Kiss (A Short Romance Story by Kayode Odusanya) / Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.