Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) (35235 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away Motorcyclist, Displaces Hundreds Of Residents In Lagos / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja / Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) by LadyJasper: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2019
olisaEze:

The constructed gutters are too small for the amount of rain water that is generated from that hilltop town of Okpanam. Kudos to the present Governor for tackling the problem head on, by expanding and reconstructing the drains unlike the previous guy that just built the road without a proper drainage system. Now would u say that the flooding of shoprite & dbs road is caused by refuse and litter? I don’t live there, but I have family & friends in Asaba
The gutters in shoprite and dbs roads are filled up with a mixture of sand and refuse. The thing is the roads are no longer swept so when it rains the waters carry the sand along with into the gutter where there are already refuse there blocking the free flow of water. The newly built gutters in Okpanam road and streets by the present governor are still being used as refuse dumps. The thing is there's no sense of environmental sanitation and the government also has to provide a means for refuse to be disposed of. Presently, people pay to dispose their refuse with certain companies.
Re: Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) by olisaEze(m): 8:32am On Jun 15, 2019
LadyJasper:

The gutters in shoprite and dbs roads are filled up with a mixture of sand and refuse. The thing is the roads are no longer swept so when it rains the waters carry the sand along with into the gutter where there are already refuse there blocking the free flow of water. The newly built gutters in Okpanam road and streets by the present governor are still being used as refuse dumps. The thing is there's no sense of environmental sanitation and the government also has to provide a means for refuse to be disposed of. Presently, people pay to dispose their refuse with certain companies.

Well said, I can’t fault ur argument as you’re on ground there.

It is possible to exchange opinions without resorting to abuse on NL. I just hope the kid is watching and learning how adults converse in a civilized manner. Have a good day LadyJasper wink

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) by xpool(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2019
olisaEze:

LOL....comical...Aibeg lemme come n be goin jare cheesy
Do you know that the beauty of madness is the mad ones do not know they are mad.
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) by olisaEze(m): 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2019
xpool:

Do you know that the beauty of madness is the mad ones do not know they are mad.
Lol

You’d know all about that right? Like I said, really comical! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) by xpool(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2019
olisaEze:

You’d know all about that right? Like I said, really comical! cheesy cheesy cheesy
To the insane, everything is "comical" ...it is well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Motor Accident At Ikeja Along, Lagos / The Sorry State Of Benin-lagoss Expressway (photos) / Stranded Nigerians Who Voluntarily Returned From Libya Due To Hardship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.