Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy (831 Views)

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / 4 Weeks In Power : Ikpeazu Changing The Face Of Aba Roads_igberetv.com / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by Becomrich0: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2010
Nigeria need a good and godly leader. Changing the economy.

To change the economy is not as hard as people think. Many people would be shock how easy it is.
Based on my experience here. I know it is easy.
every nigeria can own everything.
Re: Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by yeswecan(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2010
It is easy but takes time . .  we do not have that patient in Nigeria and Africa at large . .

After independence most Africa countries wrote a short term developmental plan which was around 5 to 10 years. Tell me how is it possible to develop from scratch to heights with just 10 years - It is just not possible- Change takes time. We actually made a lot of progress during the first stage of our independence but it was nothing because the expectations were too high.

Also our model is flawed - up to this moment we do not have a realistic economic model- what we have is the western reproduction failing to note that the west only reacted to their environment in creation of an economic model. When we disregard our context and seek to come up with a plan, such plan might work out in a different place and time , but as long as its not a response to the things on ground  we will keep dreaming of the promise land.

If we fail to move forward, it is sensible that we go back to start all over again based on what we have on ground. I know of two countries (Japan and South Korea) who Sketched out a model that suits them . . we can do the same instead of trying to copy America and Europe who are only responding to what their environment puts out.
Re: Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by Mobinga: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2010
Becomerich I support you jare
Re: Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by Becomrich0: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2010
When you look at all the people running for president, none of them is telling you, how they would deal with idea.

But you people knows my views on every issue.

Now what would jonathan do about the economy or IBb or Atiku. you would notice they are all running away from the real issue and talking about useless issue that does not affect people lifes.

The issue of economy should be discuss, unity of nigeria should be discuss. And when people dont want to discuss this issue. why should they want to be president.

Been president is not a chief of a villages. It is not a title, but someone who has an idea to fix situation.
Re: Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by lannre(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2010
yeswecan:

It is easy but takes time . .  we do not have that patient in Nigeria and Africa at large . .

After independence most Africa countries wrote a short term developmental plan which was around 5 to 10 years. Tell me how is it possible to develop from scratch to heights with just 10 years - It is just not possible- Change takes time. We actually made a lot of progress during the first stage of our independence but it was nothing because the expectations were too high.

Also our model is flawed - up to this moment we do not have a realistic economic model- what we have is the western reproduction failing to note that the west only reacted to their environment in creation of an economic model. When we disregard our context and seek to come up with a plan, such plan might work out in a different place and time , but as long as its not a response to the things on ground  we will keep dreaming of the promise land.

If we fail to move forward, it is sensible that we go back to start all over again based on what we have on ground. I know of two countries (Japan and South Korea) who Sketched out a model that suits them . . we can do the same instead of trying to copy America and Europe who are only responding to what their environment puts out.

I concur with your conclusion, because if all the economic theories in this world is to be applicable to Nigeria, forget it we should be one of the poorest country now. But your posit that we do not have patient I beg to disagree. how do you think we should wait, with the billions been siphoned everyday. We are not patient, legislators are earning more than American president and Govt find it hard to pay Doctors,teachers, we are no patient, we have mushrooms as schools and the leaders send their children to havard, we are not patient , 12 people were killed on friday and the celebration continues,
Re: Nigeria Need A Good And Godly Leader. Changing The Economy by yeswecan(m): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2010
lannre:

I concur with your conclusion, because if all the economic theories in this world is to be applicable to Nigeria, forget it we should be one of the poorest country now. But your posit that we do not have patient I beg to disagree. how do you think we should wait, with the billions been siphoned everyday. We are not patient, legislators are earning more than American president and Govt find it hard to pay Doctors,teachers, we are no patient, we have mushrooms as schools and the leaders send their children to havard, we are not patient , 12 people were killed on friday and the celebration continues,

I feel you, i swear i do. You are right but without a proper economic model we can never make it no matter who's in the position of power.

When you tread without patient, you miss some important details that are crucial for your success and you want everything to change overnight- this is what has happened to Nigeria. The money derived from oil cannot take Nigeria into paradise - it can only provide some public goods. What we need to jump-start our economy is to answer the Nigeria question.

Forward to the corruption issue, we have corrupt politicians which is only a reflection of Nigeria as a country . . that is to say even if we have the world best leaders without our help it will amount to nothing. Leaders are socially constructed by the people, Nigeria is not different, the leaders we have is exactly what we have bargained for at this point in time. . This is why Muslim countries tend to have a powerful leader who rules for almost a lifetime, It is Koranic, this is the theory of social construct - what you give is what you get. . Nigeria will keep having the leaders they bargained for . . In my opinion Yar'adua was a good man - a honest and humble scholar so what do you need from him?

Leadership is not the main problem we have as a Nation though everything boils down to leadership -but the people selfishly neglect their roles hence they blame their leaders for everything . . It is never the leader's fault for having a flawed election but the people, i will say that again, it is Nigerians fault for not having credible elections not OBJ.

Economically, we are lost, we are heading no where, there is a need to re-access this country and stop the modernization model, it isn't working. What happened to vision 2010 ? Now its vision 2020. Development is a process, not what you attain overnight . . . it is what people do not government - if we can empower the private sector things will take shape . . All govt. has to do is provide public goods and empower the private sector with policies . , that's all . . and the invisible hand of the market will work the magic- it works all the time.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb The Past Versus Gej The Present / ''have You Ever Heard IBB Talk About Corruption'' / Streaks Of Darkness, Plenty Of Sunshine On Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.