Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This (1468 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
My aunt is looking to employ domestic staffs (two females between the ages of 18 and above) to help her manage the home front because of her recent increase in responsibilities at work. Based on some stories from some of her friends who have had bad experiences in the past, she has been reluctant to do this.

That’s why she wants to take precaution so as to avoid the scary things she has heard before.

My question is

- What criteria should she use in employing a matured domestic staff that can be trusted to handle everything home front including cooking and taking care of the kids.

- What kind of medical test should she put them through to ensure that they don’t expose the family to health hazards in case if they have diseases that can’t show on the surface?

- Are they agencies in Lagos that one can trust to help recruit domestic staff’s that have been properly vetted and have a clean bill of HEALTH?

I’m sorry my question looks long but it’s because of the sensitivity/urgency of the matter at hand.

Thanks for your helps/suggestions in advance. I trust nairalanders to do JUSTICE
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Ruddyman(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
Hmmmmmm...Have you asked Google? or call someone from the Village?

-

Maybe the MODS can help you push this to the frontpage and people wey know beta can come in and help
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
You for kuku say make we write essay answering the above questions in 300 words. This question why get part A,Ai,Aii Aiii. B,Bi ........

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
Shibaraba:
You for kuku say make we write essay answering the above questions in 300 words. This question why get part A,Ai,Aii Aiii. B,Bi ........

I'm sorry but this is serious if you can advice or you know a trusted agency that can help om this please do suggest
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by babatee55: 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2019
Do we have any facility that offers such health service(s)??
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
babatee55:
Do we have any facility that offers such health service(s)??

I think first thing first for me is to get a trusted Agency that we can recruit this two domestic helps from and then see if they are medically screened to do the job
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Outreachms: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
-
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by ferangbadecom(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
Have you gotten any help yet
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by crackhaus: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
Go through an agency.

Perhaps Ifyalways can help with that, I think I've read a comment she made to something similar.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
crackhaus:
Go through an agency.

Perhaps Ifyalways can help with that, I think I've read a comment she made to something similar.

Really need a reliable agency for this if I can get one
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
ferangbadecom:
Have you gotten any help yet

Not yet as you can see here
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by ifyalways(f): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
dukedom:

Really need a reliable agency for this if I can get one
The only agencies I know now only deals with Filipino helps but there are lots online, cannot vouch or any though.

There's no one you can hire from your paternal or maternal villages?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
ifyalways:

The only agencies I know now only deals with Filipino helps but there are lots online, cannot vouch or any though.

There's no one you can hire from your paternal or maternal villages?

For some reasons we don't want to go through the family route to get this... A reliable agency will just do.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by baby124: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
Make sure you hire someone from your village that you know and run periodic STD tests on the person’s.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
baby124:
Make sure you hire someone from your village that you know and run periodic STD tests on the person’s.

We don't want to hire anyone from the village we will prefer a reliable/reputable agency one that any Nairalander can testify of. I think those agencies will probably have done proper background checks on those including basic health screenings so that our work will be minimal.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
dukedom:
My aunt is looking to employ domestic staffs (two females between the ages of 18 and above) to help her manage the home front because of her recent increase in responsibilities at work. Based on some stories from some of her friends who have had bad experiences in the past, she has been reluctant to do this.

That’s why she wants to take precaution so as to avoid the scary things she has heard before.

My question is

- What criteria should she use in employing a matured domestic staff that can be trusted to handle everything home front including cooking and taking care of the kids.

- What kind of medical test should she put them through to ensure that they don’t expose the family to health hazards in case if they have diseases that can’t show on the surface?

- Are they agencies in Lagos that one can trust to help recruit domestic staff’s that have been properly vetted and have a clean bill of HEALTH?

I’m sorry my question looks long but it’s because of the sensitivity/urgency of the matter at hand.

Thanks for your helps/suggestions in advance. I trust nairalanders to do JUSTICE

-

Mynd44
lalasticala

Please help me push this to frontpage, maybe i will get reliable help from there
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by baby124: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
dukedom:

We don't want to hire anyone from the village we will prefer a reliable/reputable agency one that any Nairalander can testify of. I think those agencies will probably have done proper background checks on those including basic health screenings so that our work will be minimal.
I don’t think you are serious or ready for any help. Why will you leave health tests which are serious issues to an agency that wants to make money? Plus in this day and age you want an outsider that can come and rob or kidnap your kids. Goodluck to you.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
baby124:

I don’t think you are serious or ready for any help. Why will you leave health tests which are serious issues to an agency that wants to make money? Plus in this day and age you want an outsider that can come and rob or kidnap your kids. Goodluck to you.

Bro you don't have to sound this way, I'm not saying we will leave all that to an agency, but just that we expect an agency to have done some works of their own in addition to whatever else we might add to it.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Outreachms: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
dukedom:

Bro you don't have to sound this way, I'm not saying we will leave all that to an agency, but just that we expect an agency to have done some works of their own in addition to whatever else we might add to it.

While I may not know of domestic staffs or maids recruitment agencies in Lagos ( I guess you guys live in Lagos ), but we do have domestic staff's screening options for both households and public institutions.....Read the details here: https://outreachgroup.com.ng/domestic-staff-screening/

- With the above, you can get your maids / househelps / nannies and those that handle foods in hotels/restaurants, etc screen at regular intervals for

FBC
Widal
Urinalysis
Hepatitis B
TB – Mantoux
HIV
Vitals (weight, height, BP, temp & BMI)

As i said, you can get all the details here: https://outreachgroup.com.ng/domestic-staff-screening/

Hope this helps you to an extent on this, you now know where to get your staff's screened, hopefully, you will get another help on the recruitment proper
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Richy4(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
All the medical test I saw the person above dished out up there, are the maids going abroad or was it chevron job

In a sane place all that was required is just police report and previous references... I never knew domestic staffs were subjected to this kinda untold process embarassed
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2019
Outreachms:

While I may not know of domestic staffs or maids recruitment agencies in Lagos ( I guess you guys live in Lagos ), but we do have domestic staff's screening options for both households and public institutions.....Read the details here: https://outreachgroup.com.ng/domestic-staff-screening/

- With the above, you can get your maids / househelps / nannies and those that handle foods in hotels/restaurants, etc screen at regular intervals for

FBC
Widal
Urinalysis
Hepatitis B
TB – Mantoux
HIV
Vitals (weight, height, BP, temp & BMI)

As i said, you can get all the details here: https://outreachgroup.com.ng/domestic-staff-screening/

Hope this helps you to an extent on this, you now know where to get your staff's screened, hopefully, you will get another help on the recruitment proper

Wow at first look this is for domestic staffs it looks quite detailed the kind of information I have been looking for. Thanks for at least you have provider one half of what I need here.

Will review this with my aunt. Thanks
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2019
Richy4:
All the medical test I saw the person above dished out up there, are the maids going abroad or was it chevron job

In a sane place all that was required is just police report and previous references... I never knew domestic staffs were subjected to this kinda untold process embarassed

The bottomline is that I was looking for a veritable information and the man has provided one for me.

This is not far fetched based on the environment and the people the domestic staffs will work for.
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Outreachms: 7:11am On Jun 15, 2019
dukedom:

The bottomline is that I was looking for veritable information and the man has provided one for me.

This is not far fetched based on the environment and the people the domestic staffs will work for.

Glad you found that information useful and it can serve other purposes not just for your aunt, the organization itself can decide to send their Kitchen staffs plus other staffs for Medical screening there as the cost is quite cheap cheap and cheap ( between 3 - 4k ).

If you need further help on that please call this number: 08024327713 OR chat us up on whatsapp on this one: +234 8183803643
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Ruddyman(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2019
Good that you got some help on the screening part with what @outreachms posted, if nothing else comes on the agency part, I guess you will have to try whatever you get from google OR your village people
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by dukedom(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ruddyman:
Good that you got some help on the screening part with what @outreachms posted, if nothing else comes on the agency part, I guess you will have to try whatever you get from google OR your village people

Thanks all the same
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by ferangbadecom(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2019
dukedom:

Not yet as you can see here

ok
Re: Nairalanders Please I Need Your Advice And Help On This by Ruddyman(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2019
dukedom:

Thanks all the same

You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

I Was Shot!!! / Home Books: Professionally Edit & Publish Your Books! - Make Regular Income! _ / Wife Dumps Rich Husband For Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.