Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,679 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers (14946 Views)

ARCON Sues Facebook Owner Meta, Demands N30 Billion / Governor Okowa's N30 Billion Drainage Collapses In Delta State (Photos) / CBN Disburses ₦791 Billion To 3 Million Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by tyup(m): 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2019
Olukologia24592:
30billion disbursed, 3million distributed after the Abuja bosses would have taken theirs. Useless country

Lol how do you know?

Last year buhari released 200m for UI farms. getting to the school Admin 100m were shared amongst themselves, like that like that shares Even the lectures shared Las las Bro na only 10m reach UI farm o

is why I said ASUU are bunch of Selfish thieves sad
Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by deomelo: 11:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
Buhari directs CBN to blacklist firms importing palm oil, 42 other items

President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to blacklist any firm, its owner and top management caught smuggling or dumping any of the restricted 43 items into Nigeria.

The Presidential directive was disclosed by the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele on Friday in Abuja during a meeting with oil palm producers.
Emefiele also said the presidential directive mandated the apex bank to expand and provide support to firms and individuals that want to expand the production of ten different commodities in Nigeria.

The ten different products are rice, maize, cassava, tomatoes, cotton, oil palm, poultry, fish, livestock dairy and cocoa.
He disclosed that close to about N30 billion had already been disbursed to those currently involved in oil palm farming.

https://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-directs-cbn-to-blacklist-firms-importing-palm-oil-42-other-items/

Giving out loans to palm oil farmers and producers to scale up their operations while allowing flooding via importation of the same palm oil sounds counter productive, but I'm glad they are backing up their actions with strong measures and actions against importation of palm oil.

To actually attain the same production level in Malaysia and other countries, we need to cultivate tens of thousands of acres and set up modern and efficient processing plants for local, international and industrial consumption.
Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by otokx(m): 12:27am On Jun 15, 2019
tyup:

Lol how do you know?

Last year buhari released 200m for UI farms. getting to the school Admin 100m were shared amongst themselves, like that like that shares Even the lectures shared Las las Bro na only 10m reach UI farm o

is why I said ASUU are bunch of Selfish thieves sad

Singing ~ This is Nigerian in Falz voice
Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by LZAA: 1:35am On Jun 15, 2019
deomelo:

Giving out loans to palm oil farmers and producers to scale up their operations while allowing flooding via importation of the same palm oil sounds counter productive, but I'm glad they are backing up their actions with strong measures and actions against importation of palm oil.

To actually attain the same production level in Malaysia and other countries, we need to cultivate tens of thousands of acres and set up modern and efficient processing plants for local, international and industrial consumption.

Reject sai babarism
Cc immhotep Adaibeku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 15, 2019
LZAA:

Reject sai babarism
Cc afamed Adaibeku
deomelo right now grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by Atigba: 4:46am On Jun 15, 2019
MediaGuru36:

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday said it has disbursed the sum of N30 billion to oil palm producers across the country, Igbere TV reports.

The CBN says the initiative is aimed at ensuring massive production of the oil palms in the country.

Igbere TV reports that Governor of Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this at a meeting with stakeholders in the Oil Palm industry, in Abuja.

Emefiele also disclosed that the CBN had commenced investigations into the accounts of suspected palm oil smugglers, vowing to sanction culprits.

According to him, he was under a strict presidential directive that palm oil importation must stop and that his team at the CBN were determined to assist its producers to produce enough for local consumption and even export.

http://igberetvnews.com/776101/just-in-cbn-disburses-n30b-to-oil-palm-producers/

Float the naira, let see the real value of our currency.

Stop waisting our reserve
Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by johnwarax(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2019
Where do these monies go to?
Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by banio: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2019
soberdrunk:
The figures we hear that they use for projects that will have little or no impact on our economy in Nigeria is heartbreaking, with this mega investment it will seem we are on the path to become the biggest exporter of Palmoil but I am almost certain 'Nothing go come out" angry angry

You are right. Nothing might come out. This is because virtually every Nigerian is not happy with the system. A system in which Politicians go home with at least #20 million per month, for doing nothing. Thus nobody wants to make Nigeria work, monkey de work - baboon de eat. Everybody wants to eat his part of the National cake, which will soon be finished. Then we all will go back to farming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers by shomutuski(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2019
Cryomancer:
I pity people who still believe such news and dance to the joyful melody the media presents it in.

If you have ever applied for any government loan or support, then you'll know this country is irredeemably destroyed.

Too much paperwork and bribe seeking officials are everywhere...

broo i just applied for a grant for producing palm oil and i was told to pay 12k for form and extra 5k for fast tracking my application.... immediately my guard went up as per Lagos boy na.....
but reading this news is making believe all what that man told me in his office, i dont even know what to do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Convinced PDP Won 2019 Presidential Election –Bode George / Abike Dabiri Presents A Cheque Of 1M To South Africa Returnee Who Is A Widow / Fayemi To Meet Tinubu In UK On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.