Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nairaland Is To You What You Make It - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairaland Is To You What You Make It (350 Views)

I Die I Die, I No Send Anybody Mama. I Make It Or Die Trying (explicit 18+ Only) / What Happens To The "Yahoo Yahoo" Boys That Eventually Dont Make It. / See What Is On Nairaland. Is This Your Phone Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 15, 2019
I have been on here since 2012 and it has been a wonderful experience most often than not.

I have met people here and met with people here.

I'm at the age where am hungrily searching for opportunities and keeping an eye open for any opportunity. I have always had interest in transportation business and there was a time I opened a thread looking for investors. They either got interested in me or just didn't think I could handle the stress that comes with the business being that I'm a woman.

Months went by and I saw a thread by Earthbound advertising for the purchase of Tricycles (keke maruwa) on hire purchase. And without thinking twice I contacted him. I was into this monthly contribution and wouldn't be getting my money back until in a month's time.

Surprisingly, that same day, in less than two hours apart after contacting Earthbound (the moniker that advertise the tricycle), a man contacted me in regards to my investor thread and wanted to know about the business.

I pitched my business idea and also sent the business plan to him and in less than two weeks he sent me 600k. Also note that I was telling Earthbound everything about how I was getting the money.

I sent Earthbound 440k out of the money. He said I'll be needing 2 guarantors that are resident in Lagos. It was in the process of getting my guarantors that I found out that his boss was no longer reachable (I had already introduce other people who were interested in the business to Earthbound). I wasn't the only one involved now.

The police came and locked up the place and seized the three vehicles that were there. The matter is in Area F police station Ikeja and they're just sitting on it. From what we've gathered the police is aware of these set of people, that they go around scamming people. The police have phone numbers, bank accounts, names and photos linked to this case yet, absolutely nothing is being done about it.

The last time we were there the police requested for money to pursue the case. We told them we didn't have money but we would pay from the money recovered once it was recovered. Obviously that didn't go well with them and nothing is still being done about the case. One of the guys involved said he would talk to his police friend to help transfer the case to his own division so he can handle it.

Earthbound is out of reach, not here on Nairaland or WhatsApp not anywhere.

We just enjoy making this country hard for ourselves. The police are worst than the civilians even. Everyone just has eyes out to steal from the other which makes it difficult to be honest. And it's even harder for those trying to make money legitimately, if your fellow man isn't frustrating you, the law enforcement will make sure of that....
Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2019
Oops
Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by dochenaj: 12:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Thoniameek:
I have been on here since 2012 and it has been a wonderful experience most often than not.

I'm at the age where am hungrily searching for opportunities and keeping an eye open for any opportunity. I have always had interest in transportation business and there was a time I opened a thread looking for investors. They either got interested in me or just didn't think I could handle the stress that comes with the business being that I'm a woman.

Months went by and I saw a thread by Earthbound advertising for the purchase of Tricycles (keke maruwa) on hire purchase. And without thinking twice I contacted him. I was into this monthly contribution and wouldn't be getting my money back until in a month's time.

Surprisingly, that same day, in less than two hours apart after contacting Earthbound (the moniker that advertise the tricycle), a man contacted me in regards to my investor thread and wanted to know about the business.

I pitched my business idea and also sent the business plan to him and in less than two weeks he sent me 600k. Also note that I was telling Earthbound everything about how I was getting the money.

I sent Earthbound 440k out of the money. He said I'll be needing 2 guarantors that are resident in Lagos. It was in the process of getting my guarantors that I found out that his boss was no longer reachable (I had already introduce other people who were interested in the business to Earthbound). I wasn't the only one involved now.

The police came and locked up the place and seized the three vehicles that were there. The matter is in Area F police station Ikeja and they're just sitting on it. From what we've gathered the police is aware of these set of people, that they go around scamming people. The police have phone numbers, bank accounts, names and photos linked to this case yet, absolutely nothing is being done about it.

The last time we were there the police requested for money to pursue the case. We told them we didn't have money but we would pay from the money recovered once it was recovered. Obviously that didn't go well with them and nothing is still being done about the case. One of the guys involved said he would talk to his police friend to help transfer the case to his own division so he can handle it.

We just enjoy making this country hard for ourselves. The police are worst than the civilians even. Everyone just has eyes out to steal from the other which makes it difficult to be honest. And it's even harder for those trying to make money legitimately, if your fellow man isn't frustrating you, the law enforcement will make sure of that....

It is a pathetic and pitiful situation.

The Nigerian system needs an overhaul from the top to the bottom.

But who will have the will and power to execute it?
Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by afroniger: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thoniameek:

Smh. This is part of the reason why conducting business with Nigerians one meets online is such a big risk. We are our own problem in this country. Very Pathetic. So sorry about this madam. My wife fell victim to a scammer under similar circumstances but the idiot was eventually tracked down via unconventional means (though with the help of the police, after parting with huge sums). He is currently cooling off in prison as we speak. I hope you get that thief.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
afroniger:

Smh. This is part of the reason why conducting business with Nigerians one meets online is such a big risk. We are our own problem in this country. Very Pathetic. So sorry about this madam. My wife fell victim to a scammer under similar circumstances but the idiot was eventually tracked down via unconventional means (though with the help of the police, after parting with huge sums). He is currently cooling off in prison as we speak. I hope you get that thief.

The police could help you know, but I have to "part with huge sums" too.

Like there's no need for the police to carry-out their primary assignment unless there's something in it for them... It's just pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by afroniger: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
Thoniameek:

The police could help you know, but I have to "part with huge sums" too.

Like there's no need for the police to carry-out their primary assignment unless there's something in it for them... It's just pathetic.

That was our biggest challenge as well. You have to pay them (the police) even to recharge their phones. But we had little choice because my madam was in a fix. Her integrity was on the line so we just had to get that bastard by any means.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by afroniger: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
@Thoniameek: I forgot to add that it was really a great experience catching the thief. His family started begging. They had to cough out over 500k (which is only a fraction of the amount he collected, plus the police still got a cut) before we even gave them an audience. But unfortunately for him, the police refused to drop the case because he had scammed too many people and broken so many laws. He's still in prison as I type this. That is why it is hard to feel sorry for scammers, as they have caused so much pain in the lives of their victims.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by dingbang(m): 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sorry. Due diligence and kyc is very important.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is To You What You Make It by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
afroniger:
@Thoniameek: I forgot to add that it was really a great experience catching the thief. His family started begging. They had to cough out over 500k (which is only a fraction of the amount he collected, plus the police still got a cut) before we even gave them an audience. But unfortunately for him, the police refused to drop the case because he had scammed too many people and broken so many laws. He's still in prison as I type this. That is why it is hard to feel sorry for scammers, as they have caused so much pain in the lives of their victims.

I'm glad you got the thief.

You see when we begin to support things even as little as cheating MTN of data, we are withdrawing from our moral bank. And that's why the lot of the nation is so morally bankrupt that people openly support these scammers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SARS Operatives Leave Man, As He Refuses To Be Cowed By The Shots They Fired / 42 Killed As Terrorists Suffer Major Loss In MNJTF Operation / 2 Fear Dead In Ondo Communal Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.