Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? (13026 Views)

Isbn Price / Where Do I Get Isbn In Nigeria / How Can I Get ISBN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by ebonyking: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2010
Can some please help and tell me the processes of getting an ISSN number for my new newspaper,'The ENTERPRISE & where to get it in the South-Eastern part of the country?
Thanks for your anticipated help!
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by denitro(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2010
Go to the National Library,
You will be asked to submit an application, pay a fee and then submit three copies of the publication,
The process is fast and easy,
I got an ISBN for my book within a day
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by wumifab(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
you can call me on 08059864322 and i can see if our my company can help out. we secured a block of ISBN numbers. I work with a publishing firm MagicWand Publishing.

Please visit

www.booksbymagicwand.com.ng

and drop a message at

info@booksbymagicwand.com.ng

Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by commoninfo: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2010
For ISSN ,you need to contact the National Library to file your magazine's Title, this is to ensure that someone else has not register that title. If the tile is available, you shall be asked to go and published and later come with 4 or 5 copies of the maiden edition with an application letter for proper registration. This application letter must be on the LETTER-HEAD of your register company(hope you have a registered company with C.A.C?)because if your company is not registered, National Library with not issue you ISSN or ISBN. Don't forget you are to go with photocopy of your certificate of registration. Well, you can follow the sample below and if you are not clear visit:http://www.dammediacompany.com or call:08033999239

HOW TO GET ISBN FOR YOUR BOOK
• You shall take the original print (the manuscript) to the National Library for assigning of ISBN. ISBN is abbreviation of International Standard Book Numbering. You may decide not to go for this exercise but I strongly advice you do. Because it makes your work genuine to a large extent.
• You will need to apply to National Library of Nigeria for ISBN for your book.
To do this, you need an official letter head (either your ministry name or the publishing name you like to use).

The following format can be emulated while writing to apply for ISBN for your book:

THE NATIONAL LIBRARIAN
National Library of Nigeria
Plot 274, Sanusi Dantata House,
Central Business District, FCT
P.M.B. 1 Abuja.

APPLICATION FOR ISBN
The above named organization  do hereby apply for ISSN for a magazine to be published.

The title of the  magazine is “, ” By ,  (Your name).

Yours faithfully,

_________________ (sign)
For: (Put the name of your organization here)

• The Library of Nigeria will issue you ISSN and give you a receipt as a prove of your payment.
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by ebonyking: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
What if my application is rejected?

Is there ways by which I can register/claim copyright to my publication.

Thanks
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by commoninfo: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
Your application can not be rejected, except you don't follow the due process. Please, you can call me on 08033999239 for proper guide. Thanks
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by eclec: 1:17am On Aug 22, 2011
How About when registering for a proposed Online magazine, whats the process, ? thanks
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by Govvy(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Speaking Pen International Concept (S.P.I.C) is a duly registered company with the Federal Government of Nigeria with Registration Number, CRBN 401547 which offers professional editing services, printing and publishing services, speaking at seminars & programmes, ISBN registration/ issuance from National Library Nigeria, book reviewing, freelance writing, author promotion, and consultancy service for self-pub and traditionally published author.
Some of our services are FREE while our paid services are very affordable as we are more concerned about the impact to be made.
SPIC Aloud! Let your voice be Heard, Read and Upheld!!!

speakingp..com
www.facebook.com/speakingpen
+2348094200537
sunnystar247@yahoo.com
BBM: 28288b1e

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Govvy:
Speaking Pen International Concept (S.P.I.C) is a duly registered company with the Federal Government of Nigeria with Registration Number, CRBN 401547 which offers professional editing services, printing and publishing services, speaking at seminars & programmes, ISBN registration/ issuance from National Library Nigeria, book reviewing, freelance writing, author promotion, and consultancy service for self-pub and traditionally published author.
Some of our services are FREE while our paid services are very affordable as we are more concerned about the impact to be made.
SPIC Aloud! Let your voice be Heard, Read and Upheld!!!

speakingp..com
www.facebook.com/speakingpen
+2348094200537
sunnystar247@yahoo.com
BBM: 28288b1e

can i get ur whatsapp number
i want to publish a book
and how do i knw u r real
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by Christophorus(m): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
denitro:
Go to the National Library,
You will be asked to submit an application, pay a fee and then submit three copies of the publication,
The process is fast and easy,
I got an ISBN for my book within a day

I need to talk to with you. Check your mails.
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by egdickson(m): 8:06am On Apr 18, 2018
Tryspect Solutions is a Nigerian top-tier writing and publishing company. We offer professional and bespoke Writing, Editing, Proofreading and Publishing services. Visit www.tryspect.com to get started. We have made our mark in the writing industry with out ghostwriting offering that is first before others. We interpret your ideas to the letter, and make sure your book comes out exactly as you imagined it. Let us handle your next bestselling book. Don't just hand your idea to anyone claiming to be a ghostwriter, they might misinterpret it. We also offer SEO based web content, blog content, email letters, etc. Others include undergraduate project writing, masters dissertation, speeches, business letters, proposals and plans, and any kind of writing.

We are grandmasters of PUBLISHING. Connect with us for all kinds of printing and publishing services. If you require emergency ISBN number you can be rest assured to get it in no time.
Tryspect has published award winning books like UNSTABLE and is well known for discovering talents.
You can also call 07012318619 / www.tryspect.com / info@tryspect.com

Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by gaby(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
egdickson:
Tryspect Solutions is a reputable Nigerian Writing and Publishing company. Visit www.tryspect.com to get started on PUBLISHING your books, Editing and proofreading and all kind of printing and publishing services.
We also offer Professional WRITING SERVICES like undergraduate Project writing, Masters dissertations, speeches, business letters,proposals and plans, etc.
Tryspect has published award winning books like UNSTABLE and is known for discovering talents.

I'd love to publish my story in a book..you can look up my story and let me know what the process is.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by cortix(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
ebonyking:
Can some please help and tell me the processes of getting an ISSN number for my new newspaper,'The ENTERPRISE & where to get it in the South-Eastern part of the country?
Thanks for your anticipated help!

i think boldscholar.com does that, i go mine from them and they offer online publishing with free promotion just like Amazon
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by PierreAbutu(m): 10:48am On May 07, 2018
wumifab:
you can call me on 08059864322 and i can see if our my company can help out. we secured a block of ISBN numbers. I work with a publishing firm MagicWand Publishing.

Please visit

www.booksbymagicwand.com.ng

and drop a message at

info@booksbymagicwand.com.ng

I just finished writing a book, but I'm yet to publish it
Please would it be possible to get an ISBN from you?
I'm in dire need of it
Re: Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? by Homeyfav: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
/']

(1) (Reply)

List Of Winners Of The 2016 Hugo Awards / Finding Me (a true life story) / The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.