Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr (13454 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Mrcomedimatic: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2019
The Super Eagles are planning to go all out as they target their fourth continental crown in Egypt.

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr revealed that his side are aiming to score more goals and will play offensive football at the Africa Cup of Nations finals.

The three-time African champions have included nine forwards in their 23-man squad list for the biennial showpiece.

Changchun Yatai's Odion Ighalo leads the frontline with Ahmed Musa, Samuel Chukwueze, Moses Simon, Henry Onyekuru, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Kalu, Paul Onuachu and Victor Osimhen all included.
Despite settling for a goalless draw in their build-up game against Zimbabwe last Saturday, Rohr sees the available options upfront as an opportunity for the team to switch tactics during play and also give chance for fresh legs.

"We have a lot of strikers which means we want to score more goals and play offensive football, we also have good defenders," Rohr told Goal.

"Some of our strikers could play in the midfield or in the plan 3-5-2 on the side, so it is good to have the opportunity to change in our offensive methods.

"We have quickness and ability to change in the offensive department, We can also give them the chance to rest."

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/15/nigeria-to-play-offensive-football-in-egypt-gernot-rohr/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by athaboi(f): 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
They should play well sha...bcoz to predict this our coach formation is very simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by superlanny(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
The battle will be won in the midfield and the defence, Mikel is very important to the midfield, because of his eye for a pass and an excellent possession of the ball, Ndidi is a reliable option to play beside Mikel, but the defence is where I worry, with no apologies I don't think we have any trusted or talented keepers at the moment, our backline are used to eachother and are solid when in form, the only worry will be Leon, but some thing tells me the oyinbo wall will stay rock solid, with an able deputy in Omeoru. Finally the front line, I believe any of the front line on their day can be very effective and deadly, but I want to see more of the youngsters like oshimen, onoachu and onyekuru. May God bless and favour the Super Eagels of Nigeria.
Amen.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by lilianofentse(f): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
How can you reveal critical information to your opponents before the match.... Like who does that?
Nigerians though smh

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by hisexcellency34: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Offensive or Defensive, my own is sha win.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by sexiestharam(f): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Same coach who doesn't see his team reaching the finals. We should just withdraw from this Afcon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Obynopositive: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2019
E Don reach already..... Make we see na
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by NwaNimo1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2019
Why?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Uyi168: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
The same promises buhari has been feeding us with...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by specie103(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
I no go kuku waste my time watch them.
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Telvin7(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
There is no hope for Nigerians.....after what Moses did in world cup falling like snow
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Alohaa: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
What where you planning on playing before
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Scatterscatter(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
Anything you like play, e no concern us. Sha win the trophy undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
Can Naija cope with 3-5-2 formation then?
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Scatterscatter(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2019
lilianofentse:
How can you reveal critical information to your opponents before the match.... Like who does that?
Nigerians though smh

Calm down... E never reach to get high BP lipsrsealed

Shebi na Zeeworld you dey watch, why the ginger

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
Clown
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by seunlayi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2019
I have bn saying this even fifa stated it that attack is the best form of football. I always hate it when a team prefers to sit back while expecting their opponent to do the attack. I will always say its that even if Enyimba is playing against Liverpool, defensive pattern will wreck them but when they attack, the game will be different.

Congratulations to Rohr if he can stick to offensive style of play but he should take note that he needs to talk to some of our boys that love doing back pass from opponent box 18 to our keeper grin
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by lilianofentse(f): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
Scatterscatter:

Calm down... E never reach to get high BP lipsrsealed

Shebi na Zeeworld you dey watch, why the ginger
?? Speak English please

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Artzdanielsz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Nigeria sports is Just a waste of resources, the best thing is for government to stop sponsoring them or close them immediately and use the sports budget for road construction

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Scatterscatter(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2019
lilianofentse:
?? Speak English please

As though you understand the English grin

Olodo... Putting question mark before a sentence undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by lilianofentse(f): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
Scatterscatter:

As though you understand the English grin

Olodo
am serious
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by barinedan(m): 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
Please Hold Your Peace, don't Go To Egypt And Baptize our Boys With Red Cards
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Scatterscatter(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
lilianofentse:
am serious

That one concern you... I don't have time to be serious lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by seunlayi(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
barinedan:
Please Hold Your Peace, don't Go To Egypt And Baptize our Boys With Red Cards

Meaning?
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by handsomeyinka(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
I don't trust ROAR (Rohr)

Who wan play offensive?

Na snail mikel?

Or Na dat Onion (Odion Igalo)?

I laugh in buharis voice..
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by seunlayi(m): 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
Artzdanielsz:
Nigeria sports is Just a waste of resources, the best thing is for government to stop sponsoring them or close them immediately and use the sports budget for road construction

This should be another topic on its own
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by seunlayi(m): 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
mrniceguyz:
Can Naija cope with 3-5-2 formation then?

They can..... Expect
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by seunlayi(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
Alohaa:
What where you planning on playing before
Lazy defensive style
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by Holocene(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
I saw the list and we pack strikers full like say we be Barca. Remember if you aint got a good defence and midfield, then we will crash out especially against teams who sit back and strike on the counter offensive.
Re: Nigeria To Play Offensive Football In Egypt - Gernot Rohr by arantess: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
lilianofentse:
am serious
I am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Belgian Club Blocking My Transfer - Onyekuru / Solomon Dalung Fails To Defend Eagles’ N3b World Cup Budget / Team Nigeria's Poor Olympics Performance: Causes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.