Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) (2355 Views)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Top Tourist Attraction And Places To Visit In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Explorers(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Incredible pictures show a huge airliner being pulled out to sea and sunk to become an artificial reef and diving attraction.

The Airbus A330 was taken from Antalya to Ibrice port in Turkey's northwestern Edirne province, and had to be transported using six trucks.

It was then pushed out to sea and towed a mile into the Gulf of Saros.

When the plane reached its final destination it was sunk to a depth of 30 metres (98 feet) in the hope it will revive diving tourism in the area.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Explorers(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
When the plane reached its final destination a mile away, it was sunk to a depth of 30 metres (98 feet) in the hope it will revive diving tourism in the area.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Chubhie: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
Buhari's government should declare emergency on our wildlife and zoo. The manner snakes and chimpanzees are swallowing billions of naira is worrisome and deserving of a national emergency.

8 Likes

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by starbuck(f): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
I must dey here gidigba
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by essenceplus: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2019
Chubhie:
Buhari's government should declare emergency on our wildlife and zoo. The manner snakes and chimpanzees are swallowing billions of naira is worrisome and deserving of a national emergency.

Hahaha
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by umarshehu58(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
Maybe One day. We will start worrying about other issues in Nigeria which electricity won't be included. For now, nothing is working.
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Canadanow: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
If this no reach front page, I no go chop till next year.. grin grin
Please who has money he/she isn't using? Please help my career ooo...na business me wan do, or travel out. I don't need money for food.
And if you have anyone that needs a kidney, am O+, available any day, any time.
For those of you waiting to advice me, what gave you the assurance you won't die before me even with one kidney.
Life itself is a risk. What's the essence of having two good kidneys and living in poverty and you are thanking God for the gift of life. Which life Oga, shey the life wey u sef go soon die of depression. Na money ritual I can't do and I no fit carry gun but any other thing, I can do to get cash.
Who doesn't want to wake up and see millions in his bank account. Am tired of seeing 3k as my balance everyday.

5 Likes

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Aldebaran(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
Nice...
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Goahead(m): 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
How is this not bad for the environment, materials used for plane making are not environmentally friendly. This will trap lots of marine animals, killing them when they couldn't find the exit.
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Explorers(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
Goahead:
How is this not bad for the environment, materials used for plane making are not environmentally friendly. This will trap lots of marine animals, killing them when they couldn't find the exit.

They will definitely find exit as all the windows and doors have been removed.

They sink ship too and coaches of train for this purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hmmmmmmm, makes me remember Marslow, our needs varies, imagine Nigeria govt trying this, na serious gbege
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by greatdeal1408: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
embarassed Do we have minister of tourism in this country
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by julioralph(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Wow!!!

Such creativity. I hope they've removed anything within the plane that can be toxic to Marine life sha.
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Imustreturn(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
Oyinbo
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:24am On Jun 16, 2019
Goahead:
It wont trap them neither will it harm them.

Google is your friend bro

Enlighten yourself on "ARTIFICIAL REEFS"

Advanced reefs and all
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Heylius(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2019
Canadanow:
If this no reach front page, I no go chop till next year.. grin grin
Please who has money he/she isn't using? Please help my career ooo...na business me wan do, or travel out. I don't need money for food.
And if you have anyone that needs a kidney, am O+, available any day, any time.
For those of you waiting to advice me, what gave you the assurance you won't die before me even with one kidney.
Life itself is a risk. What's the essence of having two good kidneys and living in poverty and you are thanking God for the gift of life. Which life Oga, shey the life wey u sef go soon die of depression. Na money ritual I can't do and I no fit carry gun but any other thing, I can do to get cash.
Who doesn't want to wake up and see millions in his bank account. Am tired of seeing 3k as my balance everyday.
My jigga you said it all pray we day alright las las

1 Like

Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
Incredible
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by Wigetsolar: 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
shocked

That airplane will be teeming with aquatic life in 2-10yrs.
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by tck2000(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Great Idea
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by printemps: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
Explorers:
Incredible pictures show a huge airliner being pulled out to sea and sunk to become an artificial reef and diving attraction.

The Airbus A330 was taken from Antalya to Ibrice port in Turkey's northwestern Edirne province, and had to be transported using six trucks.

It was then pushed out to sea and towed a mile into the Gulf of Saros.

When the plane reached its final destination it was sunk to a depth of 30 metres (98 feet) in the hope it will revive diving tourism in the area.

Another Turkey Thread. I dey laugh in Flemish grin
Re: Turkey Sinks Airbus A330 For Diving Attraction And Artificial Reef(pics) by blingxx(m): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Goahead:

Ever heard about "the Titanic"? undecided

(1) (Reply)

China Unveils Maglev Train Prototype With A Design Speed Of 620km/hr(Pics) / Share Your European Living Experience / Forgot To Print Online Nigerian Visa Application Form! Any Advice Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.