Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing (5631 Views)

American Singer, Usher Sued For Stealing Hit Song "Caught Up" / Tonto Dikeh Caught Up In Marijuana Smooking Scandal! / Tonto Dike Gets Caught Up In Doris Simeon's Marriage Break-up Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Manu4ever(m): 2:50am On Oct 04, 2010
Leona Lewis was stuck in Nigeria yesterday after blasts killed at least 12 people in the country’s capital, Abuja.

Two car bombs went off in the hours leading up to a celebration to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence. The X Factor winner was in the city to perform at the event and her hotel was not far from the crime scene. According to reports, the star and her entourage “felt the entire building shake”.

Leona’s performance was cancelled and the Bleeding Love singer issued a statement paying tribute to those who had been killed. "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."

It’s thought the bombers were from a militant group that deliberately timed the attacks to coincide with the festivities. One man has been arrested in connection with the blasts.

As of last night, Leona still hadn’t managed to fly home and was holed up in her hotel in Abuja with her tour manager and friends.

http://gistboard.com/content/leona-caught-nigeria-bombing
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Dsense(m): 3:04am On Oct 04, 2010
Hmmm,How i love this singer,but a pity that she would have to adjourn d show for another time.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by tpiah: 5:34am On Oct 04, 2010
see the bombers' lives?
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by adagz01(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2010
Sorry leona
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 11:53am On Oct 04, 2010
Another one. . .and for all the WRONG reasons. angry
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by sayso: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2010
but she was paid?abegi return the money
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2010
Yes, She was paid to sing and not to kpafuka (die) sad
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ibomade1: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
I'm sure she will be back in London by now. Not to worry we will invite you later in the year to come and sing 4 us.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by slap1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
tpiah:

see the bombers' lives?
No, where is it?
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Oderame(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Free d poor girl,we shal invite u again 2 sing 4 us when we clock 100.imagine she canceled her supposed show cos a litle knock out blast,if na naija artist dem invite 4 yankee even u.s and iraq d fight him must stay finish d show.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by deelady(f): 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibo-made:

I'm sure she will be back in London by now. Not to worry we will invite you later in the year to come and sing 4 us.

If na me b leona, i wont come again o. . .nobody wan die abeg! I love her though kiss
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by sizzlers(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
WELCOME TO 9JA Leona
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by felifeli: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
Manu 4ever:

Leona Lewis was stuck in Nigeria yesterday after blasts killed at least 12 people in the country’s capital, Abuja.

Two car bombs went off in the hours leading up to a celebration to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence. The X Factor winner was in the city to perform at the event and her hotel was not far from the crime scene. According to reports, the star and her entourage “felt the entire building shake”.

Leona’s performance was cancelled and the Bleeding Love singer issued a statement paying tribute to those who had been killed. "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."

It’s thought the bombers were from a militant group that deliberately timed the attacks to coincide with the festivities. One man has been arrested in connection with the blasts.

As of last night, Leona still hadn’t managed to fly home and was holed up in her hotel in Abuja with her tour manager and friends.

http://gistboard.com/content/leona-caught-nigeria-bombing

Haba.O ga fun Nairaland o !  mallam Manu4ever i am sure you are the owner of gistboard but why this pathetic  lie ?. No worry me self I don visit your website grin grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Mobinga: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
%singing%
Keep bleeding. . . I keep keep bleeding love .
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by agabaI23(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
Thank God she did not sing otherwise more victims would have bled to death.

Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding. . . . grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by kelvin(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
angry angry angry
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Iyineda(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Thank God she did not sing otherwise more victims would have bled to death.

Keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding. . . . grin

Now that's what you call a lame joke.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ajike: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2010

she don retun, una never collect. if she send una to bomb demself.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by agabaI23(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
Iyineda:

Now that's what you call a lame joke.
Aww get a wheelchair please!
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by anonimi: 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by 1badgirl: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
felifeli:

Haba.O ga fun Nairaland o !  mallam Manu4ever i am sure you are the owner of gistboard but why this pathetic  lie ?. No worry me self I don visit your website grin grin

It is not a lie. I saw on MTV.
http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/leona-lewis/news/239195-leona-caught-up-in-nigeria-bombing
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by makajibbz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2010
sayso:

abi oooh. grin grin cool
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ayoobscom(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
Does anybody still have issues with the music by Icon Edreez Abdulkareem Nigeria Jaga Jaga.This is just a slide of this young man's truism
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by spikedcylinder: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
felifeli:

How?

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201010/88380.php
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by tpiah: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ayoobscom:

Does anybody still have issues with the music by Icon Edreez Abdulkareem Nigeria Jaga Jaga.This is just a slide of this young man's truism

the bombers must be hiphop and rap fans, i guess.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Iyineda(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
agabaI23:

Aww get a wheelchair please!
    . . .

Really?

[size=5pt]I totally overestimated your sense of humor.[/size]
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by chibaby5(f): 6:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Lol anoda day if they ask her 2 come perform 4 nig na race she go pick cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
LWKMD If na u nko? grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by chibaby5(f): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2010
cheesy cheesy grin
Ofcourse naa i wudnt even pick da call grin . . I dnt fink she knew where she waz goin b4 she set off lmao cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Vquest(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
If she was honest her statement would have read: A few thousands pounds is not worth life and limbs. I'm getting the heck out of this hell hole.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ranoscky(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
chi-baby:

cheesy cheesy grin
Ofcourse naa i wudnt even pick da call grin . . I dnt fink she knew where she waz goin b4 she set off lmao cheesy cheesy grin

I think she knew b'cos, Nigeria is not Afghanistan !!!

Ask her to go and perform in Afghanistan make u hia wetin she go say.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
chi-baby:

cheesy cheesy grin
Ofcourse naa i wudnt even pick da call grin . .  I dnt fink she knew where she waz goin b4 she set off lmao cheesy cheesy grin

ROTFLMBO  grin grin grin She defo didnt know hitherto. lol

BTW, 9c Pix- Reppin Ada igbo wella! wink

Ranoscky:

I think she knew b'cos, Nigeria is not Afghanistan !!!

Ask her to go and perform in Afghanistan make u hia wetin she go say.

For Leona now - I bet the difference btween Naija and Afghanistan is just the spellings. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Very Beautiful And Endowed Kenya Big Bum Socialite Vera Goes Fully Nak"ed / Chai!! See What Money Has Turned Singer Orezi Into (photo) / The Kemen And Bisola Kissing On Bbnaija That Got Nigerians Talking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.